• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia - Anti-Competitive, Anti-Consumer, Anti-Technology

Soldato
Yes, AMD has been incompetent. However it's hypocrisy and delusional to only take issue with AMD for lying when nVidia does it so often you probably don't even realise when they're doing it.

Permabanned
Yes, AMD has been incompetent. However it's hypocrisy and delusional to only take issue with AMD for lying when nVidia does it so often you probably don't even realise when they're doing it.
Thing is NV lies but delivers thing called FPS and amd just lies and hypes.
What i like is that Nvidia is crushing competition BRUTAL STYLE like god damn Conan.
Someone should edit Jensens face on that video

Associate
People downvote videos and articles for all sorts of reasons because believe it or not, reddit also has people like you, Gregster and some others in this thread. Not everybody is able to see the truth - or even cares - and some people who have other "interests" would rather everybody was kept in the dark.

Did you notice what he said though? He said that the video would go to -20 before being voted back up to +20 - https://imgur.com/gallery/K2KFW

No, that's not what he's saying. The post under your vids, which wanted to ban you got to +20. The vids stayed at -20.

And checking my video threads there it was clear that there was a planned brigade as soon as they were launched, by maybe a handful of people and their many sock puppets. Not only that but they'd openly admit that they didn't watch the video and encourage others to downvote and report the post. Remind you of some other behaviour you've seen around....here?

Of course as soon as reasonable people watched the videos, they started to get voted back up to the top of the front page...at which point the moderators there (who have conflict of interest) decided that they should be banned instead.

Of course it was planned. They want to keep all your knowledge in the dark. How could it be, that they have quality standards, to which your stuff doesn't fit in many parts? I mean, probably this have been the same people who try to make us believe the world isn't flat. They're always conspiring to keep the truth in the dark.

It's quite clear from your other posts that not very much can make sense in your world Samwell. He personally posted my videos that were Anti-AMD, before voting with one other to ban my videos when I launched the anti-Intel one. Can you think of why say...an Intel shareholder would do that? Does it make sense to you yet?

Because shareholders don't have anything better to do? I'm an amd shareholder, so did i miss the briefing how i should fanboy the company i have shares of? In your world everything is a fault of other people. As an advice, it makes sense to sometimes question yourself. It might give you very helpful insights.

The truth is, i seriously don't care because i know all these companies are shady. They all want my money and they all lie blatently. You are trying to push amd in an morally higher position and i can just laugh about it. I just don't like people who try to wrap their agenda into "facts" and try to sound neutral, whereas they aren't.

Soldato
What i like is that Nvidia is crushing competition BRUTAL STYLE like god damn Conan.
Okay, so your issue can't be that AMD lies. Because you're otherwise a hypocrite.

Lying can't be okay just because nVidia provide better products. You either have an issue with lying because of what it is, it you don't at all.

Soldato
both NV and AMD are worth eachother. ATI should have never been purchased by AMD.
It ****** GPU market and CPU market.
No AMD cant even glue together descent high end gpu for 3 years now.....

Remember that crap when liquid cooled PRO vega got tested in games and AMD said dont worry Gaming one will be faster ?? ye right LOL

The CEO changed from their founding member,Jerry Sanders,who is one of the reasons AMD became well known - he tended to think big even though they were a small company and why we saw things like the Athlon 64.

The chap who replaced him,made some poor decisions - they panic bought ATI for a big price,after what Intel did to them,but also at the same time the fab they used to own(which became Global Foundries) was draining money from the company so they sold it,but the terms were crap. They entered something called the WSA,which tied them to Global Foundries even when it made mistakes - one of the reasons why Polaris and Vega were made at GF,was because if they didn't order a certain amount of capacity from them it would costs them $100s of million in penalties,and GF 14NM was a trainwreck. They first tried it themselves,and it failed and then they had to license it from Samsung and they were still worse off. So not only in terms of gaming performance/watt is their uarch behind Nvidia,but also GF has had issues too(which probably means limitations to clockspeeds too). Apparently Zen MK1 was one of the worst case scenarios IIRC,and was delayed six months. It might also explain why AMD went the way it did with Zen,ie,smallish chips,and each chip being made of two CCX units,ie,to negate any issues GF might have making it.

Soldato
My complaint, based on your theoretical example is that if it can perform like a 980 why wasn't it from the start? Why do I have to wait 18 months? Why is that a good thing?
Why are they hiding the performance from me for 18 months? Why is this a good thing?
It's not sudden got better hardware that makes it match a 980, it's always had that otherwise it could never have it.
That's what I'm saying is bias, that because it's AMD you say you'd rather have the performance after 18 months rather than the performance at the start. It's good you get the performance eventually but why wouldn't you prefer to have it at the start rather than after 18 months?

AMD improve a product's drivers over time. Nvidia either can't or won't.

Soldato
Because it was at the same price point of the slower card, I also said I'd take it be it Nv or AMD increased performance, you are the one implying I'd take it 'just' because it's AMD, no wonder you are totally lost on the topic and keep trying and trying to rescue your rotten choice of AMD forum bias excuses, because everyone would take free performance and give it plaudits regardless from Nv/AMD unless they really don't like the vendor or enjoy lighting the touchpaper.

Enough of the trolling!
But, and I'm sorry to break this to you, this isn't just about you...

My 980 has had 980 performance since I got it. Do I wish that for 18 months it had less than 980 performance and then after 18 months it got 980 performance? No, I like having 980 performance from the start. I still can't see why it would be better to start with worse performance.
The 290 could've been better performance when you bought it but AMD didn't give you that performance and you're pleased they didn't so they could give it to you over 18 months?

Also regarding the AMD bias, I believe it's been discussed before and generally more people seemed to think it was AMD biased than Nvidia. Also didn't AMD Matt (when he was just a huge AMD fan before they hired him) start a poll that came out (just) having the board as AMD biased?
I mean this board does have at least one official AMD employee on it doesn't it? Does it have any Nvidia employees?

Anyway, I'm done now. We're just going around in circles, I doubt we'll ever agree on this so let's just move on (I'm sure you'll want to have your say back, but FYI I won't be replying again).

AMD improve a product's drivers over time. Nvidia either can't or won't.
If they can't because there's no more performance in the card then you can't ask more of them. If they just wont, then that's a bit rubbish of them.
Of course it's hard for anyone outside of Nvidia to know if they could get more performance out of the cards and they're unlikely to say anything.

Soldato

Yet back in the real world AMD are faster and have the upper hand technically in just about every stack :p

Caporegime
This is how you've always reacted to negative information about nVidia. You don't seem to be able to see the difference between "hating" and the truth that nVidia is just an awful company.

You always become "bored" when faced with the facts on how your favourite company chooses to conduct business.

It really seems to make you uncomfortable and squirm.
I don't hate anything. I really enjoy my hardware and don't care for the politics in my relaxation time. My PC is for that and whilst I enjoy the technology side, I buy what works best for me. Funny thing is, you keep throwing accusations of fanboyisms about and yet, all I ever see you do is jump on anyone who doesn't suck up to AMD.... Weird hey?

Permabanned
Okay, so your issue can't be that AMD lies. Because you're otherwise a hypocrite.

Lying can't be okay just because nVidia provide better products. You either have an issue with lying because of what it is, it you don't at all.
Biggest hypocrite is AMD themselfes. First they went on how mining is bad for gamers and how they want theirs gpu's to be purchased by GAMERS just to realese special Mining driver few weeks later
http://www.legitreviews.com/amds-new-mining-block-chain-optimized-driver-tested_197095

They having a laugh or what ??

@jigger
On tech side deffo but that not always translates to Performance,,, Still waiting for the mountains of DX12 games only on W10 cause forza 7 is DX12 only heh...

Caporegime
AMD release their cards with basic drivers, just to get them up and running, then spend months sorting them, Nvidia don't, they release their new cards, with decent drivers from the off, so don't see much of a performance increase, like AMDs cards do, over months and months.

The FuryX, when it was released, it was only competing with the 980, winning some, losing some, the Ti, smashed it in every way, then months later, after they sorted the drivers, they were then where they should have been from the off, beating the 980, and competing with the Ti, and winning some against it.

The 580, when it came out, everyone lolled, as it wasn't beating the 970, then months later, after they'd finally sorted the drivers, they were up with, and beating the 980, and the 1060 after it had come out (1060 was beating it upon release).

The Vega cards, 1070 was better than the 56, 80 better than the 64, months later, after a driver sort, 56 is besting the 70, and the 64 is up with, and besting the 1080 in some, even getting close to the Ti in some now.

Same for their CPUs, when the Ryzens came out, everyone lolled, was saying they couldn't beat 5yr old i5s, and some of the reviews were saying, not recommended for gaming, then months later, once they'd sorted boards BIOS's, and drivers, they were beating them, and competing with the CPUs that they were supposed to be competing with in the first place.

Ive said it before, AMD need their drivers sorted on release day, as thats when everyone wants to buy, everyones got the money on release day, then once released, and the reviews are out and read, the orders are banged in, but those orders, just go in for the Nvidia cards, as AMDs cards are not as good, due to their basic just to get em up and running drivers.

Its no good them sorting their drivers, months down the line, as they've already lost the sales by then, as everyone has already bought Nvidias better cards, as they bought them on AMDs cards release day.

AMD, always give Nvidias cards a boost in sales, when they release a one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Biggest hypocrite is AMD themselfes. First they went on how mining is bad for gamers and how they want theirs gpu's to be purchased by GAMERS just to realese special Mining driver few weeks later
http://www.legitreviews.com/amds-new-mining-block-chain-optimized-driver-tested_197095

They having a laugh or what ??

@jigger
On tech side deffo but that not always translates to Performance,,, Still waiting for the mountains of DX12 games only on W10 cause forza 7 is DX12 only heh...

AMD are the better option in most cases. Your argument flawed and seems based on the perception the Nvidia focus group attempt to project. The facts are AMD are doing very well.

Soldato
I don't hate anything. I really enjoy my hardware and don't care for the politics in my relaxation time. My PC is for that and whilst I enjoy the technology side, I buy what works best for me. Funny thing is, you keep throwing accusations of fanboyisms about and yet, all I ever see you do is jump on anyone who doesn't suck up to AMD.... Weird hey?
That's why I haven't bought an AMD GPU in a long time, because I suck up to them... I also call them incompetent because I suck up to them... Yeah, that makes sense, doesn't it?

You've unsurprisingly missed my point. Any time anything negative comes up about nVidia, you feel the need to get involved but only say empty things such as "it's boring" or you "didn't watch because of the title."

You never offer anything of substance about the situation, a situation that will harm you and your interests in the long run whether you accept it or not.

You can't deal with negative information and criticism of nVidia, so why don't you just remove yourself from the threads and ignore the compulsion to come in and play apologist?

bru

bru

Soldato
Like the rest of the nonsense you've been spouting in this thread, this is a complete lie.

I never posted any personal details of Shrout whatsoever. He's the one happy to spread his mug and personal details around everywhere under the banner of "Shrout Research", that's why somebody else supposedly doxxed him.

When he emailed me with the doxxing story *I* offered to take down the video until he gave me his response.

In the end, he was the one who posted our entire email exchange on reddit after saying he wanted it kept private. Not only that but he posted the entire exchange on a sub where he knew I was banned and unable to respond.

And unlike you, bru - if anyone challenges me to cough up the evidence of any of this, I'll be happy to do so.

Ok this is interesting and it is nice to get both sides of the story, when reading that from your video he received photos of his home and office addresses, it was a logical conclusion.
In the redit thread there is very no mention of a doxing story by either yourself or Ryan, or any other mention of previous communication.

I do realise that in all of this I did not actually link to the redit thread, which is entirely my error, so apologies for that.

Yes I would very much like to read further into this, as I do feel that mistakes were made on both sides.

If you did not in fact include his personal info, as you have said then I will admit that I was wrong on that front, so apologies there.

Caporegime
That's why I haven't bought an AMD GPU in a long time, because I suck up to them... I also call them incompetent because I suck up to them... Yeah, that makes sense, doesn't it?

You've unsurprisingly missed my point. Any time anything negative comes up about nVidia, you feel the need to get involved but only say empty things such as "it's boring" or you "didn't watch because of the title."

You never offer anything of substance about the situation, a situation that will harm you and your interests in the long run whether you accept it or not.

You can't deal with negative information and criticism of nVidia, so why don't you just remove yourself from the threads and ignore the compulsion to come in and play apologist?
You always buy second hand no? You stated you don't want to put in NVidia's pocket? I don't care what you have or use and so long as you enjoy it, happy days. Your problem is pretending to know what people think and expect but really you just twist it to see it how YOU want to see it.

As for offering substance, I aired my views and respect Adored for his response (even though I don't agree) but you have your own agenda with anyone who doesn't see it from your perspective. If my posts bother you that much, put me on ignore or report them instead of crying over them!

Associate
No, that's not what he's saying. The post under your vids, which wanted to ban you got to +20. The vids stayed at -20.

Your comprehension is laughable but at least now it starts to make sense to me how you think the way you do. Thanks, I'll make you famous soon. ;)

Back
Top Bottom