• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia - Anti-Competitive, Anti-Consumer, Anti-Technology

Associate
Ok this is interesting and it is nice to get both sides of the story, when reading that from your video he received photos of his home and office addresses, it was a logical conclusion.
In the redit thread there is very no mention of a doxing story by either yourself or Ryan, or any other mention of previous communication.

I do realise that in all of this I did not actually link to the redit thread, which is entirely my error, so apologies for that.

Yes I would very much like to read further into this, as I do feel that mistakes were made on both sides.

If you did not in fact include his personal info, as you have said then I will admit that I was wrong on that front, so apologies there.

I know that watching my videos isn't something many of my detractors do.

But it was all explained, point by point, in my followup video. The one you didn't get to see because it was banned on /r/hardware - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHAQdukifvI

Soldato
You always buy second hand no? You stated you don't want to put in NVidia's pocket? I don't care what you have or use and so long as you enjoy it, happy days. Your problem is pretending to know what people think and expect but really you just twist it to see it how YOU want to see it.

As for offering substance, I aired my views and respect Adored for his response (even though I don't agree) but you have your own agenda with anyone who doesn't see it from your perspective. If my posts bother you that much, put me on ignore or report them instead of crying over them!
Not always, no. It depends. I prefer to, but either way it's irrelevant. It's only an important point it you buy nVidia to specifically support them. Which to be honest wouldn't surprise me.

You're talking nonsense again though, nothing of substance. Because I haven't said anything remotely close to what you're suggesting. You're doing that thing again where you ignore most of what I type, imagine something different, then argue against that.

I don't put anyone on ignore, because I'm not fragile. I'm not crying over your posts either, don't flatter yourself. It's almost as if the concept of a discussion forum is lost on you.

Associate
Soldato
Lets be honest the video in question from Adored is full of history and facts that are backed up by many websites that he quotes. If you can't be bothered to watch them or can't stand his Scottish accent then don't. Thing is you then should not be in here giving opinions on it or any other video of his. It stands to reason if you haven't watched then your opinion is null and void. I feel sorry for those that can't because he has a Scottish accent tbh. It's not even a very strong one at that and he is better spoken than most in the uk. Any how for those that have not watched and want to participate then why not give it a watch and come back here with facts that prove him wrong instead of going on about awrite guys as an excuse as to why you can't watch to prove him wrong. Great popcorn thread though.

Soldato
Biggest hypocrite is AMD themselfes. First they went on how mining is bad for gamers and how they want theirs gpu's to be purchased by GAMERS just to realese special Mining driver few weeks later
Showing off completely faked card half year before any actual product release?
https://www.bit-tech.net/news/tech/graphics/fermi-card-on-stage-wasn-t-real/1/

Or heavily Nvidia backed DX11 patch to Crysis 2 using totally insane amounts of tesselatation in places not making slightest sense from game developer perspective and wasting hardware resources?
https://techreport.com/review/21404/crysis-2-tessellation-too-much-of-a-good-thing/2
Which conveniently happened to hurt performance of AMD cards more than Nvidia cards...

"Transparency advocating" of GPP...

Nope, you're the biggest hypocrite always nitpicking on AMD from slightest mistakes and always covering Nvidia's dirty malicious tricks.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Thread delivers :D

But, and I'm sorry to break this to you, this isn't just about you...

My 980 has had 980 performance since I got it. Do I wish that for 18 months it had less than 980 performance and then after 18 months it got 980 performance? No, I like having 980 performance from the start. I still can't see why it would be better to start with worse performance.
The 290 could've been better performance when you bought it but AMD didn't give you that performance and you're pleased they didn't so they could give it to you over 18 months?

Also regarding the AMD bias, I believe it's been discussed before and generally more people seemed to think it was AMD biased than Nvidia. Also didn't AMD Matt (when he was just a huge AMD fan before they hired him) start a poll that came out (just) having the board as AMD biased?
I mean this board does have at least one official AMD employee on it doesn't it? Does it have any Nvidia employees?

Anyway, I'm done now. We're just going around in circles, I doubt we'll ever agree on this so let's just move on (I'm sure you'll want to have your say back, but FYI I won't be replying again).

If they can't because there's no more performance in the card then you can't ask more of them. If they just wont, then that's a bit rubbish of them.
Of course it's hard for anyone outside of Nvidia to know if they could get more performance out of the cards and they're unlikely to say anything.
No disrespect, but I don’t think your are understanding what is being said.

If one wants/needs 980 performance from day one, they have to pay 980 price from day one, if they want Titan X performance they pay Titan X money from day one. That is not the same price as a 290 or a 970 so won’t be an option for many, therefore I do not see the relavance to what is being discussed. From a price point and choice perspective we are doing an apple to apple comparison here, you are doing apples to oranges :p

@Adored - Not watched this video yet, but generally catch and enjoy most your content personally, I even enjoy the accent and the intro. Alright guys, how’s it goin (I think) :)

I try to be neutral, end of the day these are businesses so I go with what suits my needs and try not to overthink. Right now it is Nvidia as AMD cannot make a proper 4K card as of yet and FreeSync 4K monitors do not have a good range as Nvidia sadly. But generally speaking I do think AMD is the lesser of two evils, probably by far actually. I had AMD only cards for years as they offered the performance and were very competitive, but they are neither right now if one needs 4K performance imo.

Associate
Your comprehension is laughable but at least now it starts to make sense to me how you think the way you do. Thanks, I'll make you famous soon. ;)

Oh you want to unleash your fanboyarmy on me, like you did with ryan? Wow, i really feel honoured. Thank you.

I think we don't get any further here with our opinions. But we have others and i don't have a problem to admit that i was wrong if the others convince me. As we already had a language discussion in an other thread, it should be ok here too.

The text is:
Every time adored was posted we'd have it downvoted to -20 and people calling for it to be banned at +20 so eventually we took a vote as mods, and i think it was all yeses or no responses

Nr.1:
The video would go to -20 before being voted back up to +20.

Nr.2:
The video would go to -20 and posts by people calling for a ban were at +20.

So my friends, overclock your encyclodedias, watercool your textbooks and bench the hell out of your language skills.
Which comprehension is right? Nr.1 or Nr.2

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh you want to unleash your fanboyarmy on me, like you did with ryan? Wow, i really feel honoured. Thank you.

I think we don't get any further here with our opinions. But we have others and i don't have a problem to admit that i was wrong if the others convince me. As we already had a language discussion in an other thread, it should be ok here too.

The text is:

Nr.1:

Nr.2:

So my friends, overclock your encyclodedias, watercool your textbooks and bench the hell out of your language skills.

Why are you acting like downvotes are important?

Associate

The text is:

Nr.1:

Nr.2:

Like I said, I know what happened because I was following it very closely. The instant my videos got posted on /r/hardware a bunch of haters and their sock-puppet accounts would vote it down as hard as they could. Problem is I have a lot more supporters than haters, as well as people who just like watching my videos - so they very quickly reached positive figures again.

When the haters realised they couldn't get enough support to downvote my videos and keep them off the main page, they instead demanded the videos were banned.

You did see how popular this mods opinion was on his own sub, right? https://imgur.com/gallery/K2KFW Downvoted to oblivion at -40?

But let's say you're right anyway - are you telling me that the same 20 people who instantly downvoted my videos to -20 and then demanded the videos were banned should be listened to like this mod suggested? 20 people with a clear agenda (actually 4-5 and sock puppets) out of 330,000 on that sub?

If all it takes is 20 people with an agenda to get a site banned from a sub, there wouldn't be much to talk about anywhere. Your "alternative facts" fail even the most rudimentary of checks, simply making that reddit look even more biased than it is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Like I said, I know what happened because I was following it very closely. The instant my videos got posted on /r/hardware a bunch of haters and their sock-puppet accounts would vote it down as hard as they could. Problem is I have a lot more supporters than haters, as well as people who just like watching my videos - so they very quickly reached positive figures again.

When the haters realised they couldn't get enough support to downvote my videos and keep them off the main page, they instead demanded the videos were banned.

You did see how popular this mods opinion was on his own sub, right? https://imgur.com/gallery/K2KFW Downvoted to oblivion at -40?

But let's say you're right anyway - are you telling me that the same 20 people who instantly downvoted my videos to -20 and then demanded the videos were banned should be listened to like this mod suggested? 20 people with a clear agenda (actually 4-5 and sock puppets) out of 330,000 on that sub?

If all it takes is 20 people with an agenda to get a site banned from a sub, there wouldn't be much to talk about anywhere. Your "alternative facts" fail even the most rudimentary of checks, simply making that reddit look even more biased than it is.
All you need to consider is that they were asking for your videos to be banned. If you are talking doo doo, surely it's just a case of point and laugh at the crazy Scottish guy?

I think the topics of your videos make people feel uncomfortable because they have to consider what it means for your claims to be true.

I've been of the same opinion as yours, and saying the same sort of stuff for years when it comes to nVidia. People are in such denial to criticism of nVidia, it's unreal. I'm in this thread calling AMD incompetent and stating that I haven't bought an AMD card in a long time, and I'm still being labeled an AMD fanboy.

These people are either blind and delusional, or paid shills. I'm erring towards paid shills for those who try to get your videos taken down or banned from sub Reddit though. There's really no other reason why people would want something to be censored when they have the option to ignore it.

Permabanned
Showing off completely faked card half year before any actual product release?
https://www.bit-tech.net/news/tech/graphics/fermi-card-on-stage-wasn-t-real/1/

Or heavily Nvidia backed DX11 patch to Crysis 2 using totally insane amounts of tesselatation in places not making slightest sense from game developer perspective and wasting hardware resources?
https://techreport.com/review/21404/crysis-2-tessellation-too-much-of-a-good-thing/2
Which conveniently happened to hurt performance of AMD cards more than Nvidia cards...

"Transparency advocating" of GPP...

Nope, you're the biggest hypocrite always nitpicking on AMD from slightest mistakes and always covering Nvidia's dirty malicious tricks.
Are you stupid ?? Where did I cover Anything from ****Vidia lies ?? Quote me please...

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
All you need to consider is that they were asking for your videos to be banned. If you are talking doo doo, surely it's just a case of point and laugh at the crazy Scottish guy?

I think the topics of your videos make people feel uncomfortable because they have to consider what it means for your claims to be true.

I've been of the same opinion as yours, and saying the same sort of stuff for years when it comes to nVidia. People are in such denial to criticism of nVidia, it's unreal. I'm in this thread calling AMD incompetent and stating that I haven't bought an AMD card in a long time, and I'm still being labeled an AMD fanboy.

These people are either blind and delusional, or paid shills. I'm erring towards paid shills for those who try to get your videos taken down or banned from sub Reddit though. There's really no other reason why people would want something to be censored when they have the option to ignore it.
At lest we deffo agree on poin that both Ngreedia and AyyyMD re both crap soon we will hate Shintel joining for magical gpu treesome.
In the end its US that getting shafter one way or another. I just want fastest gpu sub 1000 quid every 20-22 months thats My upgrade bidget.
We will see what's best bang for 1000 bucks on 7nm next year I guess. No point for me of upgrading till 7nm hits.
Quite amazed that NV have not went with 12nm pascal upgrade. That wpuld give them extra revenue for extra year on same PAscal with little to no effort.

Then again aparently they have 300k Pascal gpus to shift so would not be a clever move lol.

Mobster
Soldato
Surely you've got better things in your life to be doing than this? It's uncomfortable how pro-nVidia you are.

It's a bit of harmless banter spoffle, agreed though, I am uncomfortably pro-nvidia, whats my alternative though ? AMD ?
I'm interested in what Intel will do int he future.

Soldato
It's a bit of harmless banter spoffle, agreed though, I am uncomfortably pro-nvidia, whats my alternative though ? AMD ?
I'm interested in what Intel will do int he future.
Based on how you used to behave, I'm not convinced it's harmless banter. I remember you being extremely rabid and incommunicable at times.

Caporegime

There are fanboys on all sides but the nVidia crowed are the most institutionalised of the lot, by a long way.

Jensen Huang has a signed copy of Mao's little red book.

9NId3TC.jpg.png

Soldato
Ok this is interesting and it is nice to get both sides of the story, when reading that from your video he received photos of his home and office addresses, it was a logical conclusion.
In the redit thread there is very no mention of a doxing story by either yourself or Ryan, or any other mention of previous communication.

I do realise that in all of this I did not actually link to the redit thread, which is entirely my error, so apologies for that.

Yes I would very much like to read further into this, as I do feel that mistakes were made on both sides.

If you did not in fact include his personal info, as you have said then I will admit that I was wrong on that front, so apologies there.

Kudos to you for this post. A lot of people wouldn't admit they were wrong. Respect.

Soldato
There are fanboys on all sides but the nVidia crowed are the most institutionalised of the lot, by a long way.

Jensen Huang has a signed copy of Mao's little red book.

9NId3TC.jpg.png

lol at that image, I guess the "poor volta" video and the campaign it belong to was a innocent information campaign

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom