• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia - Anti-Competitive, Anti-Consumer, Anti-Technology

Soldato
Just listened to the video on the way home yesterday, and have to agree with it, I've also followed for the last 20 years and remember most of these stories coming up first hand.
I'm mildly AMD biased, just because in general they seem to provide better value which I like and also seem to have a slightly more open or reasonable corporate mindset, even if they also ultimately just want to make cash, but I'll buy whatever suits my own purposes as can be seen in spec, but I do agree that as a COMPANY, Nvidia are a nasty piece of work. Always have been, and probably always will be.

There is a reason they've had big fallings out with so many major partners; they do not play nice...or even fair. And Intel are just as bad at times, not that AMD/ATI were always perfect either.

Permabanned
lol at that image, I guess the "poor volta" video and the campaign it belong to was a innocent information campaign
Amd is all shout remember this ??
13063620177l.jpg

Soldato
Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. I still remember the 4870 cards coming out and decimating Nvidia's pricing structure across the board. Nvidia had to drop £100 off some cards almost overnight to respond. Admittedly that was a few years back now, but there have been some very solid times from AMD.

Associate
When I'm wrong, I have no problem saying so, but thank you for the praise anyway.

All as far as I know,of the earlier posts have been edited with an added line stating that I was wrong and apologies to Jim from AdoredTV.

Cheers, I appreciate it.

I don't mind being called out when I'm wrong but certain stuff like this really riles me because it often gets repeated as "fact" elsewhere and the real culprit (Shrout) gains out of it.

Caporegime
Cheers, I appreciate it.

I don't mind being called out when I'm wrong but certain stuff like this really riles me because it often gets repeated as "fact" elsewhere and the real culprit (Shrout) gains out of it.

I don't like Shrout.

He used a throttling reference 290 and a very overclocked Intel 6 core with BF4 in campaign mode to conclude "Mantel is a waste of time, it doesn't do anything"

I'm not going to go into what Mantle is or what it does because i think most of us understand all of that, so one can assume Rayan Shrout is completely clueless about low level / direct to metal API's or that he intentionally setup the review to fit his preconceived conclusion. you be the judge of that.

I made a benchmark with an overclocked 290 and a Vishera CPU in Multiplayer on an empty map, i compared DX 11 vs Mantle and ran them side by side, here it is.

I don't know much about API's, i'm not an expert like Shrout proclaims himself, but i knew enough to have predicted something like that before i ran the first test.

Rayan Shrout in my view is a total fraud.

Man of Honour
I don't like Shrout.

He used a throttling reference 290 and a very overclocked Intel 6 core with BF4 in campaign mode to conclude "Mantel is a waste of time, it doesn't do anything"

I'm not going to go into what Mantle is or what it does because i think most of us understand all of that, so one can assume Rayan Shrout is completely clueless about low level / direct to metal API's or that he intentionally setup the review to fit his preconceived conclusion. you be the judge of that.

I made a benchmark with an overclocked 290 and a Vishera CPU in Multiplayer on an empty map, i compared DX 11 vs Mantle and ran them side by side, here it is.

I don't know much about API's, i'm not an expert like Shrout proclaims himself, but i knew enough to have predicted something like that before i ran the first test.

Rayan Shrout in my view is a total fraud.

Mantle on the right?

Soldato
I thought the video was interesting. Much of the information provided I was unaware of. Brand loyalty is ridiculous, especially in the context of what was said in the video.

I’m not sure I’m ever going to understand why this annoys some, in such a way they need to defend it or consider an inconvenience to think about.

Soldato
If one wants/needs 980 performance from day one, they have to pay 980 price from day one, if they want Titan X performance they pay Titan X money from day one. That is not the same price as a 290 or a 970 so won’t be an option for many, therefore I do not see the relavance to what is being discussed. From a price point and choice perspective we are doing an apple to apple comparison here, you are doing apples to oranges :p

He knows exactly what he was doing....
Anyway, I'm done now.

Before you embarrass yourself any more that's a great shout, considering you are the ONLY person EVER in all my years in the PC scene that's complained in the way you have over huge driver performance gains.

The amount you tried so hard to obfuscate the achievement with absurd claims to substantiate your reasons that the £300 gpu should have had £450 performance in direct competition with the £300 Nv equivalent at launch simply highlighted the stupidity of your claims.

As @TNA rightly put it apples to oranges doesn't and will never stand up as fact when trying to prove a point, which you never even had from the off, it was that absurd.

And by the way, your example of proof that the forum is AMD bias from yeeeaarrss ago when AMD Matt was posting as LtMatt, is almost absurd as your '290 should be performing as the 980 from launch' claim.

Well yes it was bias then because the current AMD user base was massive back then as they sold bucket loads of 7 series gpu's because they absolutely dominated performance on bbfb then, but that was 5 years ago or so, and the AMD user base has dropped of a cliff due to AMD being absolute rotten in the high end space and mining.

So no, using 'these forums are AMD bias' as your excuse to consistently rile up 'but AMD done this and that', considering the pro Nv users run riot as much as pro Red team users can, you never ever bring the pro Nv talk to task, so might as well just stop hiding behind excuses and just say your bit.

Oh and ps. Nv does have a rep in here but by the look of things, he's not very helpful as no one is aware we have one, maybe that's because he does sweet fanny adam in the way of helping Nv users in comparison to the stellar work @AMDMatt does in this forum despite the stick he's received from you and others while helping out in his role of helping AMD users in this forum, if only NvidiaDan maybe done a fraction of the help matt does, we'd all know he actually was of any use in here.

@bru has went up in my estimations, first there was adored's voice thing that he explained but has came on and held his hands up but really not expecting that anytime soon from you tbh.

On a final note so glad you didn't bring up Samsung into the discussion because they had the audacity to update their TV's with post launch FreeSync support to increase on screen output performance, can only imagine you'd have hit the roof because it wasn't there unadvertised in the specs from the start.:p

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
Based on how you used to behave, I'm not convinced it's harmless banter. I remember you being extremely rabid and incommunicable at times.

Since my own rabid and incommunicable past, there's been tonnes and tonnes of continued rabid and incommunicable posting from both sides of the fanboy spectrum, yet you still fondly remember me, that's quite cute spoffle.

Soldato
Since my own rabid and incommunicable past, there's been tonnes and tonnes of continued rabid and incommunicable posting from both sides of the fanboy spectrum, yet you still fondly remember me, that's quite cute spoffle.
I remember you for being by far the worst, to be blunt.

Back
Top Bottom