• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia CEO says next gaming GPUs won't come for "a long time"

Caporegime
Well considering they still have inventory of pascal to flog its pretty obvious he would say that. If he's going to say ooh its coming soon people will just hold off buying and stock will remain on shelves.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well considering they still have inventory of pascal to flog its pretty obvious he would say that. If he's going to say ooh its coming soon people will just hold off buying and stock will remain on shelves.
Exactly. So obvious. So many signs point to a summer release.

He obviously wants to be able to sell them all at full price, otherwise he will have to cut price to shift them.

Caporegime

This.

And they either release the new series on 12nm this summer or not at and wait to release a 7nm GPU next summer along with AMD. Nvidia have already done much of the design work and fab testing, and what comes out will be similar to Volta even if it isn't volts. They also likely have a GDDR6 contract to fullfill purchase orders.

Soldato
Might as well all buy Titan V's then. It's the only one that's not old tech tat :D.
If I'm not mistaken, hasn't there just been announced Vega @ 35% faster? That'll put it in 80 Ti region. I'm sure NV will want to jump ahead again. 6 months max I say..

Last edited:
Associate
Meh, oh well I'm not budging from my 1070. Not a chance I'm paying to go to a 1080Ti at the silly prices they want even second hand, I will just sit on my hands until the do release.

The market is rubbered for GFX, could do with AMD doing something good and Intel make a proper bid for market share on the discrete card section since they have deep pockets to make competitive products.

Kind of sucks, I was looking forward to a new card this year :(

Soldato
lol

jigger's AMD reality distortion field still at max strength, I see.

Just had a quick look and Nvidia are maybe 15% ahead with 1080ti and get beat elsewhere a lot of the time. The only distortion is people seem to think Nvidia are a generation ahead. In reality not so much.

Lol Foxeye thinks Nvidia are a generation ahead.

Caporegime
Do remind us how much more power AMD has to use to match a 1060 or a 1070... all that extra heat...

nV are barely even trying with the 10 series. Small, mid-range dies elevated to flagship status thanks to not needing anything bigger. Record-breaking profits for team green.

AMD are where, exactly? Nobody thinks they're in a good place right now. Apart from the deluded ;)

Soldato
AMD are where, exactly? Nobody thinks they're in a good place right now. Apart from the deluded ;)

They are in the best position they have been in for years. They have been steadily improving in financials for the last couple of years. Anyone who can't see that is deluded.

Caporegime
Maybe I should have been more specific. They're doing OK in the CPU space right now. The CPU forum is > that way, tho :p

Where are they in the GPU space? 6 feet under pretty much. Longer than an entire year with nothing noteworthy to release. Even before that unable to launch top-to-bottom GPU ranges for some time. Fury terrible. Polaris not where it should have been; too power-hungry. Vega stupid expensive and failing to contest the high end. Awful launches and PR. Unlikely to contest the high-end for years to come.

AMD GPUs are largely irrelevant for anyone bar miners and die-hard fans.

Soldato
Do remind us how much more power AMD has to use to match a 1060 or a 1070... all that extra heat...

nV are barely even trying with the 10 series. Small, mid-range dies elevated to flagship status thanks to not needing anything bigger. Record-breaking profits for team green.

So a great time for Nvidia to release faster cards then. The completion has caught up, finances are good and the products are long overdue replacment.

Soldato
Maybe I should have been more specific. They're doing OK in the CPU space right now. The CPU forum is > that way, tho :p

Where are they in the GPU space? 6 feet under pretty much. Longer than an entire year with nothing noteworthy to release. Even before that unable to launch top-to-bottom GPU ranges for some time. Fury terrible. Polaris not where it should have been; too power-hungry. Vega stupid expensive and failing to contest the high end. Awful launches and PR. Unlikely to contest the high-end for years to come.

AMD GPUs are largely irrelevant for anyone bar miners and die-hard fans.

Yeah but outside of the Nvidia focus group non of that is accurate. I bought a RX580 over a 1060 and a Vega 56 over a 1080.

Back
Top Bottom