• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Could Tease Its Next-Gen Ampere GPU on 7nm at GTC 19

Don
People thinking that a shrink to 7nm is going to improve performance are in for a disappointment.
Yup, I can see it more that it'll be 2080ti performance for £600 rather than £1000. I doubt they'll do a massive core to give substantial performance boost of the ti, at least not until 18-24months down the line. No doubt there'll be a Titan versus though for £2k+ though.

Soldato
Thanks for sharing, I always enjoy some tech news.

I’m not hopefull Nvidia will release a product for the people though. They’ll probably proclaim 15 Gigarays per Second, and act like it’s the second coming of Christ, or just use the cost savings to make the same margins, on the same performance, for less money.

Until we have additional serious players in the upper end of this sector, it’ll just be more of the same. We can only hope they want to leave Intel in the dust before they have a chance to get a foothold; then at least we’ll get one more competitive high end card before more of the same.

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-gtx-ray-tracing-coming-soon/

In the time since, our software and developer teams have kept working, allowing us to optimize our ray tracing technology, make new software advancements, and help developers further accelerate ray tracing performance in games. Because of this work, we have dramatically sped up ray tracing performance for GeForce RTX GPUs, and can now enable DirectX Raytracing ( DXR ) on GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and higher graphics cards via a Game Ready Driver update, expected in April.

geforce-rtx-gtx-dxr-metro-exodus-performancev.png

geforce-rtx-gtx-dxr-supported-gpus-march-2019-850px.png

Back
Top Bottom