• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti LAUNCH - BIGGEST RANGE IN THE UK!!! **

Associate
We have them ready to go, but the CEO of EVGA personally requested we do not launch yet, so we are working with EVGA on their launch, more details will surface in coming week or two hopefully. :)
hmm.. well that kind-of makes me feel a little worried about EVGA cards. Hopefully there isnt some kind-of problem with them.

Soldato
Sorry for the stupid question but when are third party cards due to be released? I'm thinking getting a 1080Ti Zotac AMP card with my new computer and was wondering how long I'll have to wait before I can order my new machine?

OcUK Staff
Sorry for the stupid question but when are third party cards due to be released? I'm thinking getting a 1080Ti Zotac AMP card with my new computer and was wondering how long I'll have to wait before I can order my new machine?

Expect first shipments in April with good volume in May.

Associate
Expect first shipments in April with good volume in May.

Could you have ETAs on the preorders for the various cards? I ordered the OcUK Value 1080ti FE as I figure you fulfil that from whatever comes in first? But if I could get it sooner ordering a different variant I would!

Associate
Not sure why people are busting Gibbos chops for putting up this listing of cards and yes not even out ... like he mentioned some competitors didnt even bother listing whats coming out. This helps the average Joe prepare what he wants - either the FE now or a custom fan model later (for a premium).
And as far as the cost - to be honest there is no competition right now - thats why NVDA released this now we get the privilege of paying for that.

Soldato
Not sure why people are busting Gibbos chops for putting up this listing of cards and yes not even out ... like he mentioned some competitors didnt even bother listing whats coming out. This helps the average Joe prepare what he wants - either the FE now or a custom fan model later (for a premium).
And as far as the cost - to be honest there is no competition right now - thats why NVDA released this now we get the privilege of paying for that.

some might have a long waiting time...

can remember how long some people waited for 1080 Strix cards....

but also plus side, pre-order before brexit vot and saved cash, ordering before Art 50. signed and again could save cash.

swings both ways

OcUK Staff

Hi there

We have all the data I need to list the brands we have listed (manufacturer part code), which if people check online we have for every card! :)
Not all partners are as quick doing images, partners like Zotac, Inno3D, Asus had images done in time for custom cards which we used (except Asus).
Other parts are still doing images, as I know the cooler they are using it was easier to just take 1080 image and do a quick dirty photoshop, all that matters is the cooler is correct which they all are.

Pricing is correct because I have USD costings, yes exchange rate variance, minor fluctuation in USD cost could happen and if the cost moves significantly enough to warrant a price reduction then customers will be refunded the difference. If the cost increases, then prices shall be honoured, just like we did with 1080 launch when Brexit caused us to actually make losses on the pre-ordered cards and we still honoured them all.

People are quick to criticise OcUK, but when prices go up, we honour lower price (no one thanks us), when prices go down, we refund the difference.
All I have done is get creative to get as many cards online straight away to help customers make a good buying decision and not wonder what if more cards come in coming weeks. The ONLY cards not listed are EVGA BE, SC2 and FTW3 because EVGA requested I wait. :)

I have already had a call with NVIDIA this morning, given them all my backorder information (over 500 cards sold) and they will now speak with board partners to ensure stock gets to OcUK as early as possible because NVIDIA do not want a repeat of 1080 launch where people were waiting as long as three months because it also reflects badly on NVIDIA as well.

The latest update I have so far (bear in mind its 10am) so not all partners are fully awake yet but in short:
- Asus FE more arriving early this week, all backorders covered!
- MSI FE, more this week, all backorders covered!
- Custom designs, first shipments in April with good volume towards end of April/May.

As I get more information I shall update the thread. :)

Soldato
Nice cards, dat price though. Pre-order and how many months did some folks wait for their 1080 non-reference? Hmm. If OCuk didn't take your money the moment you lay down an order I might have thought about it.

Interesting selection of games mentioned by the OP :eek:

Half Life 3, Fallout 5, Prey, Quake: Champions and Doom

Might even consider one if it came bundled with Half Life 3:)

If it ships with HL3 you can count on a sale from me Gibbo. Heck I'll even pick up two in your honour and you can hold me to that. ;)

OcUK Staff
Nice cards, dat price though. Pre-order and how many months did some folks wait for their 1080 non-reference? Hmm. If OCuk didn't take your money the moment you lay down an order I might have thought about it.

If it ships with HL3 you can count on a sale from me Gibbo. Heck I'll even pick up two in your honour and you can hold me to that. ;)

Hehe, I was gonna mention GTA VI, but that can wait for the next VGA release. ;)

Associate
The ONLY cards not listed are EVGA BE, SC2 and FTW3 because EVGA requested I wait. :)

Any idea when the FTW3 will be up for pre-order? Seem strange EVGA have asked you to wait, I would imagine some will be pre-ordering other cards instead because of this? Thanks Gibbo, am I definitely appreciate what you're doing, as well as many other hear no doubt. Some people like to moan regardless :)

Soldato
Semi related but pricing of the 1080s really is all over the place lately, good that you accidentally confirmed the 3 EVGA variants though Gibbo... where's the Classy, Hybrid and Hydro?

OcUK Staff
Semi related but pricing of the 1080s really is all over the place lately, good that you accidentally confirmed the 3 EVGA variants though Gibbo... where's the Classy, Hybrid and Hydro?

I am sure they will come, but always later, we might even see a KingPin edition. ;)

Associate
Hi there

We have all the data I need to list the brands we have listed (manufacturer part code), which if people check online we have for every card! :)
Not all partners are as quick doing images, partners like Zotac, Inno3D, Asus had images done in time for custom cards which we used (except Asus).
Other parts are still doing images, as I know the cooler they are using it was easier to just take 1080 image and do a quick dirty photoshop, all that matters is the cooler is correct which they all are.

Pricing is correct because I have USD costings, yes exchange rate variance, minor fluctuation in USD cost could happen and if the cost moves significantly enough to warrant a price reduction then customers will be refunded the difference. If the cost increases, then prices shall be honoured, just like we did with 1080 launch when Brexit caused us to actually make losses on the pre-ordered cards and we still honoured them all.

People are quick to criticise OcUK, but when prices go up, we honour lower price (no one thanks us), when prices go down, we refund the difference.
All I have done is get creative to get as many cards online straight away to help customers make a good buying decision and not wonder what if more cards come in coming weeks. The ONLY cards not listed are EVGA BE, SC2 and FTW3 because EVGA requested I wait. :)

I have already had a call with NVIDIA this morning, given them all my backorder information (over 500 cards sold) and they will now speak with board partners to ensure stock gets to OcUK as early as possible because NVIDIA do not want a repeat of 1080 launch where people were waiting as long as three months because it also reflects badly on NVIDIA as well.

The latest update I have so far (bear in mind its 10am) so not all partners are fully awake yet but in short:
- Asus FE more arriving early this week, all backorders covered!
- MSI FE, more this week, all backorders covered!
- Custom designs, first shipments in April with good volume towards end of April/May.

As I get more information I shall update the thread. :)

It's appreciated! I don't think I will fork out for one of these just yet, but think that sounds like a great way to handle a launch.

Soldato
Patiently waiting for the EVGA FTW3. Registered my interest on the EVGA site. I hope they're not delaying retailers to get interest in direct sales. :D
Bought a 980 to tide me over with a new build. Should be a nice update to my HD5870!

Back
Top Bottom