1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by EVH, 1 Oct 2020.

1. dishwasherwong

Associate

I don't need to picture this; it happened to me. Such naïve joie de vivre...

2. SideshowGeoff

Associate

Was it an ASUS one, out of interest? I bought a 1660 Super to last me until my Strix 3080 arrives next summer and the DP was DOA. The graphics card doesn't even think it has a DP port.

3. deardevildude

Gangster

Bruh, do Palit Gaming Pro 3080's even exist anymore?

No update in about 3 weeks, not even to say "Nothing seen or arriving soon"

4. u2coop

Associate

I have an FE. I cancelled my order over a month ago because of this ****show. I would be the 1st to recommend going elsewhere, but is paying over the odds somewhere else the most intelligent option.

5. martind

Gangster

yeah he can "eat my shorts!" :p

6. AndyPandy84

Associate

It's got nothing to do with intelligent or smart decision, it's a luxury product at the end of day and if someone is ready to pay that much because he can, doesn't mean he is doing something wrong, yes, in your mind he is because he feeds the beast at least however each side of the view is laughing at each other. I ain't got a problem of someone is willing to pay more to have it quicker. Aorus master was £100 dearer than msrp and I would pay myself to get the card now if I knew I had to wait for it few months otherwise. Some people get FE for that price and that is not a good idea but to get Aorus Master for that price is a different matter, isn't it?

7. Mr Oblong

Wise Guy

Paying over the odds elsewhere is a poor option to me, I bought at RRP and feel I'd be cutting my legs out from underneath me to trade that away.

Mind you, staying put doesn't feel a great option either!

8. Jon Bovi

Associate

Come on Gibbo. Where you at?

9. Articledan

Associate

Some people dont mind paying over rrp and some people dont, people are different, who cares

Just cancelled 675 in the tuf queue. Auros master arrives tomorrow. Paid 100 over but it comes with cod which i wouldve bought anyway and now i can stop looking at my phone constantly. Hope you all get sorted soon. Adios

10. Chris Tricker

Associate

Who?

Ohhhh the guy that posted the last update on Friday, he's out at the end of his Rainbow feeding his Unicorn

11. Jon Bovi

Associate

12. u2coop

Associate

You are right it is a luxury item and anyone can do what they want.

However the more people that do it though, the more it will happen. I could quite easily plonk my FE on ebay and get 950 without even trying, just because someone will pay it doesn't make it right. I would also like to think it isn't just because i'm a Yorkshireman.

13. AndyPandy84

Associate

You are right, however there are people who are not bothered to keep looking for graphics card and you might look selfish to those who would happily pay the premium to do it especially if you know that you can snag another one for yourself. There are always two sides...I would not have a problem selling mine if someone asked me to sell it to him with a premium, would have to be stupid not to do so...

14. MagicBoy

Capodecina

OK, we've got a new tweet from @ASUS_ROGUK about a build from this site. Who wants to start proceedings? :D

15. Rust3dfaith

Gangster

All over it :)

16. Flenix

Gangster

Not quite, there was at least a few yesterday as I've got one sat in my case right now. We have no idea how much but it seems the guy claiming to be 339 was lying.
    I'm not even slightly surprised to hear you didn't get a queue update though.

The card itself works and having benchmarked it, the performance is identical to the FE, but it does run cooler (about 5c lower at load but the idle was 46 for FE and 30 for the TUF)

What card?

Yup, ASUS. where are you looking for what the card "thinks" it has out of interest?

17. anTastico

Associate

Funny thing, it was the product code that got me banned too lol.

18. Stejdm

Gangster

Currently 55 in the Ventus line and I'm about to just throw in the towel after so long. I ordered on the 17th at 15:14:00

Myself and the other half also bought into the PS5 which will arrive by the 19th.

So I'm thinking, **** it. I'll have a PS5, my GTX 1080 will live on and will do for Cyberpunk.

19. Complex86

Associate

We should just tweet storm ASUS ROG UK

20. Quektis

Associate

That would actually be even better for me