• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

I was asking a question, which i am entitled to do. I do not have no wait it out minus the anger. What i asked is very valid and fair due to stock being available in continental Europe.

I made great efforts to battle the scalpers on launch night. I would have had my card already if OCUK didn't allow queue swapping/jumping initially.

If you want to quietly wait, that is on you. But i will use my right to ask the ASUS representative where my card is.

I would like you to point out my "petulant demand"

I want my card within the next 2 weeks. My patience with ASUS/OCUK is wearing thin

Right there. Petulant demand. That's not a question, it's a demand. You sound like one of my kids, aged circa 3 years old. I can honestly imagine you satamping your feet with that sentence too! Good luck, I'll think about you when my card arrives at some point fairly soon :)

I want my card within the next 2 weeks. My patience with ASUS/OCUK is wearing thin

Right there. Petulant demand. That's not a question, it's a demand. You sound like one of my kids, aged circa 3 years old. I can honestly imagine you satamping your feet with that sentence too! Good luck, I'll think about you when my card arrives at some point fairly soon :)

When was the last time your kids blew nearly a grand of their hard saved money on smoke and mirrors? I get the anger I do, it's warranted and different folks different strokes, some like to be beta cuks and sit back and take it and others like to alpha cave man and stomp around. No one is right or wrong just different personalities.

When was the last time your kids blew nearly a grand of their hard saved money on smoke and mirrors? I get the anger I do, it's warranted and different folks different strokes, some like to be beta cuks and sit back and take it and others like to alpha cave man and stomp around. No one is right or wrong just different personalities.

I get that, but throwing a hissy fit at a bloke who's just become a dad and has been out of action as a result is a bit of a **** move, I mean cut the guy some slack!! He's likely scrabbling around trying to get info, he's not been around for a few weeks.

Edit: I do remember when my little girl cracked the TV with a plastic golf club and wrecked it, it was out of action for a whole 48 hours but the HISSY fits were stuff of LEGEND!!!!

it was out of action for a whole 48 hours but the HISSY fits were stuff of LEGEND!!!!

Hell yer been there!! haha

The reps get a hard time I get that and some of them are amazing people, but they are the front of house for the company they represent and if said company drops the ball..
Its unfortunate but how it is, worlds been a rough place for a lot of people this year, and the GPU might have been their little bit of self love and something that started out as a way to feel better has done nothing but cause stress and anxiety. Just a thought.

Still love this thread, people crying banging their feet on the floor for a GRAPHIC CARD.

Of course Nvidia treat customers like they are garbage, people give them a chance to... just wait until cards are there without the "Pre-Order" as you are not really "Pre-ordering" anything is like a lottery more than a preorder as no one know when these will be out "FOR REAL", they are just selling what they can to make the end of year look better as we would all do in our business, anyone doing forecast on revenue would know.

If it is three months? Good buy it in three months, anyway knowing Ngreedia they will release another 2 models by then... also AMD will probably be in the same boat as they need to prioritize consoles as they know those will sell better as it is a way better value proposition than being robbed for a single piece of hardware on PC as unfortunately is the trend.

OC UK is a store and cannot blame them when you look like zombies, they are a business, if there is a door to knock is little leather jacket man, he has no consoles market to feed...

Please don't take this the wrong way but whilst I think everyone is angry do you really AMD supply will be much better? Because I don't..

Well, clearly TSMC has proven to be reliable with other 7nm chips for AMD, Samsung 8nm so far doesn't seem to be up to the task.

Maybe AMD will be out of stock in seconds as well, but I doubt they will keep me frozen in the queue for 2 months. And remember, the Asus Rep just said that it could be still weeks to deliver on this model (OC models have priority), so you have to add Asus greed to Nvidia rushed paper-launch with an inferior fab process.

If Asus and Nvidia don't want to sell me a 3080, there is not much I can do, and I think, by this point, is quite obvious neither Nvidia nor Asus have any interest in delivering.

Still love this thread, people crying banging their feet on the floor for a GRAPHIC CARD.

Of course Nvidia treat customers like they are garbage, people give them a chance to... just wait until cards are there without the "Pre-Order" as you are not really "Pre-ordering" anything is like a lottery more than a preorder as no one know when these will be out "FOR REAL", they are just selling what they can to make the end of year look better as we would all do in our business, anyone doing forecast on revenue would know.

If it is three months? Good buy it in three months, anyway knowing Ngreedia they will release another 2 models by then... also AMD will probably be in the same boat as they need to prioritize consoles as they know those will sell better as it is a way better value proposition than being robbed for a single piece of hardware on PC as unfortunately is the trend.

OC UK is a store and cannot blame them when you look like zombies, they are a business, if there is a door to knock is little leather jacket man, he has no consoles market to feed...

I think you are missing the point that people (myself included) ordered whilst it was listed in stock. Then was placed 9th in a queue. Assuming that would only be waiting for a week or 2. And are now 2 months on and the queue hasn't moved. OC is just a store, a store which as already taken money for products they have not supplied and they have an obligation to chase those products or at least information on when they will come while ever they have our money!

@ASUS GPU Support Please provide update on 3080 STRIX none OC. When do you expect it to land in normal quantities. As for now I believe just a few cards were shipped if any. I am waiting for it since September 17 and did not hear any ETA on it. Of I ordered few days after the release date it would be fine but im in top 10 in one of polish retailers and its 9th week without any notice. Am I going to get the card before Cyberpunk 2077?

I think you are missing the point that people (myself included) ordered whilst it was listed in stock. Then was placed 9th in a queue. Assuming that would only be waiting for a week or 2. And are now 2 months on and the queue hasn't moved. OC is just a store, a store which as already taken money for products they have not supplied and they have an obligation to chase those products or at least information on when they will come while ever they have our money!

There are however two types of people, them that only complain about people complaining and those that complain to the company. :D:D
Neither is right or wrong to be honest, the world's a complex place and 2020 ha been tough all around.

There are however two types of people, them that only complain about people complaining and those that complain to the company. :D:D
Neither is right or wrong to be honest, the world's a complex place and 2020 ha been tough all around.

Crazy world indeed Tiny D. I have been waiting ages with to upgrade and built an entirely new rig to slot a 3080 in to and it still hasn't come. Turns out GPUs are kind of important for gaming performance I am not one for moaning regularly but the situation is very frustrating for a lot of people who ordered thinking items were in stock. That was my only point. Not everyone is a "moron for preordering". They didn't know they were "preordering"....

Well, clearly TSMC has proven to be reliable with other 7nm chips for AMD, Samsung 8nm so far doesn't seem to be up to the task.

Maybe AMD will be out of stock in seconds as well, but I doubt they will keep me frozen in the queue for 2 months. And remember, the Asus Rep just said that it could be still weeks to deliver on this model (OC models have priority), so you have to add Asus greed to Nvidia rushed paper-launch with an inferior fab process.

If Asus and Nvidia don't want to sell me a 3080, there is not much I can do, and I think, by this point, is quite obvious neither Nvidia nor Asus have any interest in delivering.
I posted a video here over the weekend, and TSMC are no better at the moment with Xbox and Playstation both OOS with long queues, the problem appears to be the sheer number of new launches at the same time, not helped by Apples 5G phone being pushed back a month as well.

I was asking a question, which i am entitled to do. I do not have no wait it out minus the anger. What i asked is very valid and fair due to stock being available in continental Europe.

I made great efforts to battle the scalpers on launch night. I would have had my card already if OCUK didn't allow queue swapping/jumping initially.

If you want to quietly wait, that is on you. But i will use my right to ask the ASUS representative where my card is.

I would like you to point out my "petulant demand"
Did you already part cash for the 3080?

You guys still here bitching and moaning? Get yer money and take your chances!!!!

Not a chance I'm going to cancel my pre-order here. However, you can bet I get push notifications when stock pops up! I'm after the Strix though, it's all Palit and PNY last week or so. Few Gigabyte Eagles and MSI Gaming X TRIO though.

If you don't care what 3080 you get, it's definitely possible to have a successful order within a day or so.

Back
Top Bottom