1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by EVH, 1 Oct 2020.

1. percept

Gangster

Unless your payment method uses OTP, then you are wasting your time. That's 3 times now I've been through a basket in 30 secs only to lose out due to verified by visa.

2. Michael Johnston

Associate

Fingers crossed for you my dude.
    I feel like im border line for getting one

3. Sevencoins

Associate

Gutting!
    Gutting!! Via where??

4. Screenbeat

Hitman

I hope some good news arrives for you all soon but it's not looking likely ay!?

5. Sevencoins

Associate

:( Where was this?

6. Jhwks92

Associate

this thread is getting pathetic. nearly 1400 pages and no one who can give information about cards status seems to give it a look or try to address it. First and last time I order here, glad I avoided this site when I bought my 5900x otherwise it'd be 400+ in a queue and not sat in my pc currently.

7. AngEviL

Associate

Thanks BitterBeauty for the heads up !
    I've been lurking this thread and after reading all the negative comments about overclockers, mainly greed and lack of communication, I thought I won't shop for them. In addition rtx 3060 ti will launch soon for at least 25% cheaper, which will be only 10-15% slower. However who knows when RTX 3060 ti will actually be available for purchase. Because of the covid situation i have few hours at work, so i got lots of free time to game.

I overpaid 150 pounds. Is 150 pounds worth several months of gaming when I also happen to have most of my free time until activity at work picks up in the spring ? For me it is. First I need to actually receive the product in hand and see it works properly, but I assume things will go smoothly though.

Congrats to all who got a 3080 for 650 quid ! I guess we will never see that price again... until it gets replaced by the RTX 4000 series.

8. larsbaby

Associate

Just my luck I'd been refreshing for the past couple days as I'm on holiday this week, went and made some cheese on toast, of course, they appear and all sell before I come back. I didn't even get any notifications of who's using what to find out so quickly?

9. PESolution

Mobster

if anybody is lives up north near teesside and wants a 3070 FE i just bought one accidently from the FE drops - wanted a 3080 - message me (not dealing with any postage)

10. percept

Gangster

150 FE's just dropped on the competitor literally 10mins ago at £649, they didn't last long ofc, but could have had a 3070 easily...they were available for at least 5mins @ £469

11. genty80

Associate

So tempting I'm in Redcar lol..... need a 3080 for 4k.

Just seen zotac 3080 amp holo on an alert site for Germany. I was in the queue for one of them but it seemed hopeless. if they start shipping might change my tuf oc

12. Lexit

Associate

£11 postage for 3070 and not even a haribo to sweeten the deal, I gave it a wide berth.

13. Pete77777

Associate

Well I managed to get an FE and just had the email confirmation through. Delivery Saturday.
    What a ride it's been. I can have my afternoons back now instead of sitting watching alerts on my mobile.

14. Marky

Capodecina

Congrats on getting hold of one at least :)

15. Generalray

Gangster

HMMMM...No postage whe I got my 3070...

16. Sevencoins

Associate

What was the alert of choice? :)

17. Arkonan

Associate

Ok......last week the check I got was I was 106 in que for ASU’s 3080 OC.

Now....

it’s been shipped ......there must have been a ton of cancellations or some nice deliveries

18. Jeke

Gangster

We only had our fortnightly non-update yesterday, so you'll have to wait for a while for a response. Luckily, however, I know what the @ASUS_GPU_Support update will be and I can give it to you right away:

"We are working extremely hard to have hundreds of cards delivered somewhere by some time and look forward to ensuring weekly deliveries of something by some unspecified date in the future to some retailer I won't mention. However, unfortunately, I cannot tell you when your individual order will be delivered. Of course, you did not ask when your order will be delivered. Still, I like to say that because it makes you appear unreasonable. In the meantime, I have written words that look like an update while cleverly sidestepping the questions you asked. See you in two weeks."

19. Lexit

Associate

Of course they tried to scam me, ridiculous to charge that much postage for a piece of silicon. Shame NVIDIA picked them as their store front.

20. genty80

Associate

Gibbo did say the cryptic term for was it 50 to 100 being due in. I'll find out tomorrow if I'm below 1000