1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by EVH, 1 Oct 2020.

1. Pete77777

Associate

Telegram and Part alert on twitter, I was bombarded 24hrs a day with alot of european website notifications and alot of scalper cards on other sites I can't mention. The FEs eventually popped up again which made it worth it.

I just became a slave to my phone, the amount of afternoon VR sessions i've missed out on worried I'd miss stuff if I was on the headset. ;)

2. Nucleus

Associate

So at least 10 Non OC Tuf were shipped

3. StormBlaze

Associate

With OCUK queue system I'm not sure we can even say that!

Considering they are expecting an OK (31-75) amount I'd have thought we'd see more shipping posts...

4. Michael Johnston

Associate

Guess we will know fully on friday with the queue position updates. Im hoping SOOOOO much for at least 46 :'(

5. larsbaby

Associate

It depends on how you pay with them I find If you go through PayPal it gets confused when you go back and adds the posting. Funny though how some people are paying £150+ over the top and yet £11.50 is too much for next day secured postage.

6. Nucleus

Associate

I am 47 haha

7. Mr Oblong

Wise Guy

Actually the 'large' term supposedly denotes 75-100.

Copied and pasted for reference:
    Very small = Less than 10 units
    Small = 10-30 units
    OK = approx 50 units
    Large = 75-100 units
    Very large = 100+
    Dream = 250+

Now, as for how he'd describe 30-49 units, or 51-75 units, it's not clear. Some of that would be covered by 'approx 50' but who knows really?!

And all of the above is if you trust the number system is being remembered and applied consistently!

8. Sevencoins

Associate

Thanks bud! Telegram the messaging app?

9. Stumpy&Frumpy

Associate

In hand, next day. Well wrapped. Happy Bunny. Christmas did not defeat me this year and makes up for my hatchemal fail a few years back. Whatever those things were.
    Will be pulling out of MSI Trio queue shortly.

10. Generalray

Gangster

Congrats to those who got a FE on the drop. Now cancel that pre-order... OCUK do not deserve your money...#fastestfingerfirst

11. mentor07825

Associate

Nuts. I put money aside to chance an FE drop, been watching for days and missed it!

Congrats to everyone.

12. Sipha

Wise Guy

Where are people sourcing FE's ??? I thought nvidia stopped selling these a while ago and I havnt seen any on any other retailers ?!

Thanks

13. Leonardo Leal

Associate

On 3080 Gaming X Trios, I found a table from a competitor that has the ETA for these card on 2nd-6th Dec with only 150 outstanding orders to fulfil. Depending on that shipment volume, they might have some spare to get in stock for early December. Meanwhile, It could also mean that MSI is shipping to UK around that date and OCuk is likely to also receive a number of cards. How much I dont know. what I know is that my position in the queue is higher than the number of outstanding orders from the competitor.

Meaning... I'll keep my eyes open for early Dec MSI Gaming X Trios Shipment.

14. mentor07825

Associate

Directly from the website. You have to go to the Nvidia website and when they show availability it generates a unique identifier for it which goes to an actual UK retailer that is the largest in the country to process payment and shipping.

15. Venares

Wise Guy

Still being sold through a 3rd party retailer.

16. ateek walia

Gangster

if OC dont communicate with inno directly who do they place the order for the cards through???

17. LoZeno

Gangster

I actually got my card already, not from OCuk, so I'm good.

18. Sipha

Wise Guy

Thanks! Will keep an eye on the nvidia website again then.

Do these drop fairly frequently ?

19. Bozzler

Associate

Payment authorised email through from other etailer. My hopes are getting higher that I got one. Just needs picking and dispatching now! I was mid meeting when the drop happened and I think the other people in the call thought I'd disappeared. No idea what was said in those lost two minutes from adding to basket to paying.

20. Paulo Campos

Associate

Follow telegram app and partalert. The blue competitor is the sole provider for FE cards in the UK. I got one a month ago and already also got a strix 3080 in my machine thanks to it.. cancelled my pre order here ages ago. Big joke OCUK. Won't buy here again sadly