1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by EVH, 1 Oct 2020.

1. Mr Oblong

Wise Guy

What queue position were you in please?

2. deardevildude

Gangster

Its the day to see how many people have cancelled their orders and see our new queue positions.

3. Pongo Snodgrass

Gangster

Good to know. So less than 25. SMH.

Meanwhile Gibbo appears in another thread complaining about an expensive replacement knob for his Ferrari!

I thought Ferrari’s WERE expensive replacement knobs.

4. Goosy

Hitman

Imagine if now Gibbo has to wait in a 6 month queue for his replacement knob :D

5. diplomat

Associate

One can only hope. I’m 50ish on the Palit 3080 non OC waiting list

6. Pongo Snodgrass

Gangster

Honestly, completely neglecting to fulfil a promise (“We will keep you updated on the stock situation via the forums”) whilst willy waving about your possessions would be bad enough, but complaining about being ripped off... my, that really takes the biscuit.

7. Potentail

Gangster

I’m just having a little faith, not sticking up for OC or anything. Just believing that we will actually get them, if you think it’s a waste of time save yourself the hassle and cancel :)

8. 69Dude

Gangster

Rumour has it that nearly 400 cards have come through for the Ventus at the same time overclockers have had nada and not even mentioned them.

9. BraXzy

Associate

Nov 20 update had me at position 10.

10. Jeke

Gangster

If the promotional bundle is included in your order, the codes should be emailed to you after dispatch. You should be one of the last people to still receive it from OCUK. From Monday, OCUK may be using the excuse that the promotional offer expires on 30/11 and that they can no longer honour it because of Nvidia (even though other retailers are still including promotional offers with the cards they sell).

EDIT: There seem to be rumours it's been extended again, though I cannot find that information on Nvidia's site. At the time I write this, https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/30-series-watch-dogs-legion-bundle/ still states 30 November as the redemption deadline.

11. Generalray

Gangster

I understand that he paid for his flash car with his own personal wealth and that is none of anyones business but the fact he is getting paid and not doing his job properly is derisory..

12. StormBlaze

Associate

BUY ASUS GEFORCE RTX™ 30 Series, GET Watch Dogs: Legion
    Description
    Promotion Period : Sep. 17, – Oct. 29, 2020

Last day of redemption on ASUS site : Dec. 24, 2020

Last day of redemption on NVIDIA : Dec. 31, 2020

*Terms and conditions apply

From https://www.asus.com/events/info/activity_watch-dogs-legion/

13. deardevildude

Gangster

Thats given me a proper good chuckle, +1 to you sir :D

14. Twelvth of Never

Associate

A true-and-honest man-of-the-people and hard working to boot.

15. Teal

Wise Guy

That link appears to be for a different region...

"The following process is available for Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, India, Vietnam. Please redeem your code with NVIDIA GeForce Experience software."

16. Jeke

Gangster

:D:D:D

For anyone interested, it's post #683. The motors form is the place where you can find multiple updates from Gibbo every day. It's about replacement knobs though, not GPUs.

17. George whitehurst

Associate

Would be nice just for an update after 3 weeks on msi gaming x trio weather some are coming in soon or not

18. Twelvth of Never

Associate

I assume he walked in on someone doing something very wrong and has the receipts to prove it. It is the only thing I can think of...

19. Exarmatio

Associate

Lol what are y'all talking about Gibbo is giving regular updates on shipments they're getting. What do you want him to do, he can't update us more often than the facts change, and repeating the same information over and over won't make the cards arrive any faster either.

20. Twelvth of Never

Associate

It just shows how low OC are on the rung of the ladder that they get the scraps whilst [competitor] seems to be fulfilling more than them. They have waved their tiny groins around (as per their GPU pre-order page) and have nothing to back it up with.

Lord Lucan has them. Not OC.