• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Sorry, you have available stock of the OC model so you are going to send a few to the non-oc customers waiting? Is this fair on the OC queue of customers who have also been waiting weeks?
I'm talking about 3070 here not 3080, we don't have any customers waiting for 3070 TUF OC.

If you want me to send you a 3070 TUF OC instead of the 3080 TUF card that you paid for just let me know your order number ;)

You're absolutely right, we haven't received any at all and I've just spoken to my Asus account manager and he can't see an ETA, so we are unlikely to get any in the next couple of weeks. We have no idea why.

What I'm going to do on this occasion since we have some available stock is to switch the earliest orders over to the OC variant. I can't do this for everybody unfortunately since there's a cost difference to us and, frankly. we don't have the manpower to manually edit all of the orders.

I don't have full visibility of what's coming, I'm only CC'd on emails from Asus, Gigabyte and MSI because they are also my SI partners.
We're expecting stock from all three next week although I can't be specific about models or quantities because the stock isn't at the distributors yet, I just know that stock has arrived in the hubs.

@ScottiB That is incredibly warming to hear about the card, even though it seems to not exist which means I doubt I'll be getting one anytime soon, at least someone has finally confirmed that. I did think about calling perhaps to suggest whether some of the early orders of the non OC may be able to get an OC TUF delivered provided stock allowed, I wouldn't even mind spending the slight extra if it meant getting a card. If the OC TUF is in abundance then asus really are taking the mick.

The communication makes a massive difference so thanks once again.

You're absolutely right, we haven't received any at all and I've just spoken to my Asus account manager and he can't see an ETA, so we are unlikely to get any in the next couple of weeks. We have no idea why.

What I'm going to do on this occasion since we have some available stock is to switch the earliest orders over to the OC variant. I can't do this for everybody unfortunately since there's a cost difference to us and, frankly. we don't have the manpower to manually edit all of the orders.

I don't have full visibility of what's coming, I'm only CC'd on emails from Asus, Gigabyte and MSI because they are also my SI partners.
We're expecting stock from all three next week although I can't be specific about models or quantities because the stock isn't at the distributors yet, I just know that stock has arrived in the hubs.

Hi @ScottiB, I appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to talk to us. I'm aware that this thread isn't your responsibility as well, so thank you. I'm in for the Asus 3080 Strix OC model and knowing that, at the very least, next week is when you expect Asus stock to arrive helps.

Have a good day and a good weekend.

Hinting and trying to disguise talking about competitors is also not allowed and all the best elsewhere!
great attitude
Lol one Day and it wont be that far off (have had my vaccination already) the Pandemic will be over folks will think back on the poor attitude and response of sellers during the pandemic including the price gouging of certain suppliers, that is when the desperation to get Customers to return will be most felt.

Sorry didn't mean to come across so short, you wouldn't believe, over the years, how many times I've had to explain why we have "build stock" of certain items which are in short supply. The industry phrase that they use when something is high demand, low supply is that 'the product has gone into allocation' which basically means that the manufacturer is having to manually allocate stock to each customer rather than letting the distribution chain handle it on a first come first served basis. That's how they ensure that their key customers aren't left waiting because an opportunistic reseller managed to put a big order in early..

See news stories about "scalping collectives" managing to get hold on thousands of PS5's from their distributors for an example of what I mean.
Hi thanks for replying I understand about SI stock and my anger wasn’t aimed at you. And I do want to say thank you for stepping in and giving us some information I understand it’s not your job. Is there anything to can do moving forward to make sure we are kept up-to-date? And can you please feedback my comments in last post up the chain

great attitude
Lol one Day and it wont be that far off (have had my vaccination already) the Pandemic will be over folks will think back on the poor attitude and response of sellers during the pandemic including the price gouging of certain suppliers, that is when the desperation to get Customers to return will be most felt.
Oh you're back? *waves :D

@ScottiB Made an account just to say thank you for taking the time to clean up someone else's mess!

Was a bit concerned as we had not heard anything about the MSI 3080 Ventus 3x for weeks, would be very grateful if you could update us when you have that information from your distributors!

Whilst I like to be open with you guys I hope you understand why internal conversations must remain internal.

Appreciate the information, and this isn't aimed at you in any way, but the level of service is just not acceptable. OC UK have taken the better part of a grand out of my bank account, most would not do this until the item shipped. It's rapidly coming up to 3 months since my order was placed. I understand the items are hard to get hold of, this is not the problem. The problem is your competitors are giving useful updates to their customers. The level of 'information' if I can even call it that I've had from a company sitting on nearly 1K of my money has been disgraceful. And I probably won't order from OC UK after this, or certainly not components, I will go with a supplier who treats me with respect. Who tells me what's going on, and pulls out all the stops instead of sitting on my money and laughing.

I would be embarrassed if my customers had such poor service.

Again absolutely not aimed at you in the slightest, and thanks again for giving some insight, it is welcome.

Back
Top Bottom