• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Thing is, all the queues for cards are still backlogged for 3080s.

I imagine backorders for any 3080 are still in hundreds not only the TUF be it Non OC or the OC variant.

Im in the 3080 TUF OC queue and at pos 464 as of last update. Still atleast 500 backorders left in this queue

Thanks for the replies everyone! Not sure where I saw that there were no more pre-orders for the TUF OC.. maybe just wishful thinking! lol I'll have to wait I guess :)

Associate
I hope something is coming soon, I spoke to gigabyte and they said the card wasn’t discontinued but that doesn’t mean they’re actually making them I’m 11th for it so hopefully they deliver some soon
I feel your pain. I am on a parallel path, position 8 for MSI Ventus 3080. Both Eagle and Ventus may not be extinct, but scarce is not the word.
All we can do is wait.

Associate
I feel your pain. I am on a parallel path, position 8 for MSI Ventus 3080. Both Eagle and Ventus may not be extinct, but scarce is not the word.
All we can do is wait.
I’m sure in a couple of weeks there will be more regular shipments of most if not all cards. Fingers crossed we don’t have any more road blocks along the way, for our sake and overclockers staff

Associate
any more info on dpd orders to ireland that had already shipped?? ordered in sept and shipped jan 7th im still waiting.
I think the ones that shipped may be in the most difficulty because stuff's already gotten into the system and got stuck. Did you open a thread on the customer service board? I got a reply fairly quickly in there. My order is some ways off shipping though so it was easier for them to rework it for the new rules.

Soldato
This back order situation really shows up all the manufacturers, if ocuk were just doing random drops, we could only speculate the demand.

Is the future of pc tech going to be the rareness game played by hardware vendors. Remember the days on a new gpu launch retailers still had to clear out previous gen discounted 100s of units, and then within half a year or so on new gen might be new sales.

Soldato
Im in the 3080 TUF OC queue and at pos 464 as of last update. Still atleast 500 backorders left in this queue
I presume your talking about OCUK? Check this post from 15th January Gibbo said back then he had 625 orders back then, at that rate it be nearly Christmas by the time by the time you get your card. Could be worse though, if you bought EVGA they haven't even bothered shipping any orders of a number of their 3080's.

Associate
I've been searching everywhere for a 3080 and in my travels, I started looking at some of the smaller or less popular AIB's. No joy with most of them but then I remembered about Leadtek, not seen there stuff for sale anywhere in the UK for a long ass time. I then started looking at companies in the "where to buy section". Clicked on a random company and boom found them in stock with 24hr shipping at a few quid above MSRP.. Contacted them via chat, asked if they really had stock of the 3080. Yes, we have both the Leadtek and MSI models in stock now. YAAAAAAS I'm thinking....then I asked the real deal question. Do you ship to the UK, agent on the phone had to go check.........No, we don't ship to UK....I'm surprized most of you did not hear me curse but it is what it is.

So if anyone has friends or loved ones in Vietnam there are cards to be had. If I had my Covid jab, I might even get a flight across and rent a hotel room, lol

Associate
No change just trying to not be a Debby downer about the whole situation. I just want to get my card and forget about this mess, I will be lost in many different virtual worlds for months after it comes
Hopefully the Texas chip plant that makes Samsung chips being down due to extreme weather do not make Ampare. They are ramping back up, but ramping up a fab is more than just throwing a switch.
Texas freeze shuts chip factories amid shortages - BBC News

Back
Top Bottom