• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Hi, I ordered a Palit OC 3070 on the 23rd but it hasn't shipped yet, I keep seeing something about people upgrading if they're willing to pay a little more to get it sooner, how do I do this?

@Gibbo @ScottiB just need something clearing up, I phoned ocuk office to check my queue position on Wednesday 24th at 15:30 because I stopped receiving emails, up on this call one of your colleagues notified me that I could upgrade from a 3080 gaming x, to a rtx 3080 suprim x for a extra £400 I ended up going for the upgrade. Received my card the next day, everything was good until I discovered this forum and noticed people were getting free upgrades from gaming x to suprim x and even other 3070 cards.
Really? I didn't realise that the sales guys were willing and able to start doing that. We can't easily do free upgrades on 3080s, our cost pricing has gone up extensively since launch. The simple fact is that our cost price on the Suprim X is hundreds of pounds more than the price you would have paid for the Trio if you got in early.

To give free upgrades to everyone still waiting for 3080 would cost us over a million pounds so it's not even open for discussion. Not that we have the stock anyway.

Last edited:
I'm in the queue for the ventus 3080 .ive been in the queue since the sept the 17th. Ordered straight at launch.placed two orders one at 14.17 and 15.20 unfortunaly I cancelled the 14.17 due to it not proceeding just the system took took the payment but didn't get an email from oc. Looking at the fulfilled orders I would have had my card if id not cancelled it and kept the 15.20 order. Ive not moved many places since launch due to the lack of ventus cards coming in. Currently sitting below 50 at the moment I would pay a bit more to be upgraded . Like most people I Just to get a card to use in my system.ive seen the voucher discussion on the other thread . I've been lurking here for a while without posting So won't get a chance for a voucher is it goes down that route based on posts. It would be good to get a chance to pay for an upgrade. if vouchers were given to people who've ordered cards for a chance to upgrade. Even better would to get the card ive ordered and paid for but ive almost given up on that now as nothing has arrived for for months. Guess that is the idea as it sounds like as the cost pricing has gone up it sounds like it would cost it would cost more to order the card and fulfil my order. So fully expect the order not to be fulfilled or cancelled now. I fully Regret ordering the ventus now as I wanted the gaming trio anyway and would have had it or been upgraded for free by now. Best thing is I only went for the ventus as I though I would get it sooner lol as it was due in stocked two days later at the time of ordering I would have paid more for the trio. I know every one is in the same boat so Rant over now .I'll go back to lurking as don't like posting.

I'm in the queue for the ventus 3080 .ive been in the queue since the sept the 17th. Ordered straight at launch.placed two orders one at 14.17 and 15.20 unfortunaly I cancelled the 14.17 due to it not proceeding just the system took took the payment but didn't get an email from oc. Looking at the fulfilled orders I would have had my card if id not cancelled it and kept the 15.20 order. Ive not moved many places since launch due to the lack of ventus cards coming in. Currently sitting below 50 at the moment I would pay a bit more to be upgraded . Like most people I Just to get a card to use in my system.ive seen the voucher discussion on the other thread . I've been lurking here for a while without posting So won't get a chance for a voucher is it goes down that route based on posts. It would be good to get a chance to pay for an upgrade. if vouchers were given to people who've ordered cards for a chance to upgrade. Even better would to get the card ive ordered and paid for but ive almost given up on that now as nothing has arrived for for months. Guess that is the idea as it sounds like as the cost pricing has gone up it sounds like it would cost it would cost more to order the card and fulfil my order. So fully expect the order not to be fulfilled or cancelled now. I fully Regret ordering the ventus now as I wanted the gaming trio anyway and would have had it or been upgraded for free by now. Best thing is I only went for the ventus as I though I would get it sooner lol as it was due in stocked two days later at the time of ordering I would have paid more for the trio. I know every one is in the same boat so Rant over now .I'll go back to lurking as don't like posting.
Your order will be fulfilled without an increase in price, I don't see why they would cancel your order that's not really how it works, and many cards are in the same spot especially the cheaper ones. For reference I ordered an Eagle at launch on 15:15 and Im like 140 in the que so many of us have it worse lol

Hi when did you call up and get your upgrade?
Really? I didn't realise that the sales guys were willing and able to start doing that. We can't easily do free upgrades on 3080s, our cost pricing has gone up extensively since launch. The simple fact is that our cost price on the Suprim X is hundreds of pounds more than the price you would have paid for the Trio if you got in early.

To give free upgrades to everyone still waiting for 3080 would cost us over a million pounds so it's not even open for discussion. Not that we have the stock anyway.

yes I understand, I was 65th in the queue so after Gibbo upgraded 40 people for free I would have been 25th in the queue. Gibbo stated “ I have upgraded an additional 20 MSI Gaming x Trio 3080 to the suprim x version free of charge, I now have no more suprim x left and we have no 3080s expected at present” 5 hours after this comment I managed to order a RTX 3080 Suprim x from overclock uk for a extra £400. Bringing my total to £1200+

Last edited:
yes I understand, I was 65th in the queue so after Gibbo upgraded 40 people for free I would have been 25th in the queue. Gibbo stated “ I have upgraded an additional 20 MSI Gaming x Trio 3080 to the suprim x version free of charge, I now have no more suprim x left and we have no 3080s expected at present” 5 hours after this comment I managed to order a RTX 3080 Suprim x from overclock uk for a extra £400. Bringing my total to £1200+
I wish there was more clarity on deliveries like a popular competitor. If OcUK was to receive a card such as the suprim X that doesn’t have back orders personally I think they should offer the cards as a paid upgrade to people at the front of the queues.

I know I’m young and immature and have no idea about how businesses really work but at the end of the day I will do what I can to get my hands on a card I ordered at 3pm launch day.

I wish there was more clarity on deliveries like a popular competitor. If OcUK was to receive a card such as the suprim X that doesn’t have back orders personally I think they should offer the cards as a paid upgrade to people at the front of the queues.

I agree with this BUT! as @Gibbo said he’s been saving the RTX 3080 Suprim x cards so he can upgrade gaming x versions for FREE.

think it’s a thank you for waiting, I ordered 17th September around 15:00 as well on release day

I agree with this BUT! as @Gibbo said he’s been saving the RTX 3080 Suprim x cards so he can upgrade gaming x versions for FREE.

think it’s a thank you for waiting, I ordered 17th September around 15:00 as well on release day
I get your point but that’s only for msi and it’s not going to continue to happen for anyone else. People in the evga, gigabyte and other slow moving queues don’t even get a look in at an upgrade nevermind a free upgrade. People are willing to pay extra to upgrade and some will even take an rtx3070 at this point and not complain. Surely there is something that can be done, I completely understand that man power is a limitation Im just voicing my ideas.

1000 posts and 6 months?

wish I'd posted 10k one word **** posts years ago. That's one way to **** off your loyal fanbase I spose.

Might not have 1000 inane comments but I do have 200k+ sitting in an investment account. Think OCUK will retroactively apply the discount if I buy a 20k card? LOL

1000 posts and 6 months?

wish I'd posted 10k one word **** posts years ago. That's one way to **** off your loyal fanbase I spose.

Might not have 1000 inane comments but I do have 200k+ sitting in an investment account. Think OCUK will retroactively apply the discount if I buy a 20k card? LOL

Salty much. WIll it upset you, that you`ve missed out on 7 years worth of free next day shipping that whole time?

Salty much. WIll it upset you, that you`ve missed out on 7 years worth of free next day shipping that whole time?

Everytime I have rang OCUK they either gave me 5% off just for the asking or free shipping.

Just glad I paid £684.99 for my card on launch day and only have xx to go now.

Everytime I have rang OCUK they either gave me 5% off just for the asking or free shipping.

Just glad I paid £684.99 for my card on launch day and only have xx to go now.
same, i paid £540 for the asus dual non oc rtx 3070 and last i checked ocuk had put the price up to almost £700

Overclockers.co.uk: Queue Position of Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fQ7GlVhIP_YNjFJQYFvE5a-6H1Ywnw7aacjRfLNn_tE/edit?usp=sharing

oimg

All the recent QP changes are due to cancellations as little movement lower down the queue.

My own projections - anyone want to place bets on whether it'll turn out closer to the Linear or Exponential trend lines? :p

Linear (very optimistic!)
1wdoult.png

Exponential (more probable :()
2M5cm6d.png

Before June would be... not too bad :rolleyes:

are you Sh^££&^g me, people are still waiting for cards !! holy moly , it was a toss up between oc and somewhere else, can you guess where i went, glad i did , what a complete and utter shambles the 3080 has been and i guess other silicon based products too :(

Back
Top Bottom