• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

I think it was you and me commenting on there mate! Disgusting how they just scurry away and delete all our legitimate complaints about their crap service!

Yeah mate, Inno3D are pretty much dead to me now. Poor attitude towards their customers and I don't expect I will ever get my X4.

I'm trying every place I can think of now to get a reasonably priced 3090/3080 but it's not really happening. Waited too long to look elsewhere and prices are now a total joke.

I see people requesting upgrades and getting them, so I'm assuming it is possible to upgrade let's say from a MSI ventus to a gaming trio if you pay the difference, is this true?

I see people requesting upgrades and getting them, so I'm assuming it is possible to upgrade let's say from a MSI ventus to a gaming trio if you pay the difference, is this true?

People are asking about the possibility of upgrades, that doesn’t mean they are getting them. Gibbo has mentioned he has only given upgrades to a certain queue (can’t remember which, you’ll have to look back in the thread) because there has been certain stock available without back orders. It costs them to upgrade orders so I wouldn’t expect it.

If I was that desperate to get rid of my 1080ti I could easily get £700 on the scalpers site. Seen a couple up there for that price. Ridiculous considering it's 2 generations old!!! Just before covid hit they were going for approx. £350.
I just sold my GTX 1080 there for £450, i saw others looking for £500 lol

My latest queue position is 899 after waiting 22 weeks (155 days). A 155 day gestation duration puts me in the range of a baby goat (Wikipedia) ;-)

Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

So I'm a little confused how you have got your queue number? I started at queue 809 on release date for the exact same card (September 2020) my last queue number was 220, want to explain how you're on the way to pass my queue number in even shorter time. Am I missing something here??

Oct 23 - 2196
Oct 30 - 1958
Nov 6 - 1826
Nov 13 - 1674
Nov 20 - 1583
Nov 27 - 1477
Dec 4 - 1438
Dec 11 - 1385
Dec 19 - 1329
Dec 24 - 1285
Jan 8 - 1147
Jan 15 - 1130
Jan 22 - 1104
Jan 29 - 1084
Feb 5 - 1009
Feb 12 - 977
Feb 19 - 968
Feb 26 - 961
Mar 5 - 953
Mar 12 - 943
Mar 19 - 919
Mar 26 - 899

In one word, cancellations.

Look at Gibbo's stock update as of 12/03 and you'll see this -

Asus TUF Gaming - 236 shipped, 1164 back orders left - Zero incoming

If only 236 have been shipped then the rest of the difference in queue numbers must come from people cancelling their orders.

Despite dropping over 1000 places, they're still close to the back of the queue.

I suspect people who ordered around the same time as them likely balked at their queue position and cancelled en-masse.

In one word, cancellations.

Look at Gibbo's stock update as of 12/03 and you'll see this -

Asus TUF Gaming - 236 shipped, 1164 back orders left - Zero incoming

If only 236 have been shipped then the rest of the difference in queue numbers must come from people cancelling their orders.

Despite dropping over 1000 places, they're still close to the back of the queue.

I suspect people who ordered around the same time as them likely balked at their queue position and cancelled en-masse.

Oh I totally forgot about cancellations, how stupid of me thanks for clearing that up.

I get your point but that’s only for msi and it’s not going to continue to happen for anyone else. People in the evga, gigabyte and other slow moving queues don’t even get a look in at an upgrade nevermind a free upgrade. People are willing to pay extra to upgrade and some will even take an rtx3070 at this point and not complain. Surely there is something that can be done, I completely understand that man power is a limitation Im just voicing my ideas.
If that’s how you feel why not buy a card off eBay from a scalper? I’ve had to pay 1,250 for a rtx 3080 not including delivery. While others get free upgrades, and I have certainly been waiting just as long as ANYONE else.

If that’s how you feel why not buy a card off eBay from a scalper? I’ve had to pay 1,250 for a rtx 3080 not including delivery. While others get free upgrades, and I have certainly been waiting just as long as ANYONE else.
I just refuse to abandon my order after so long and then pay double the price... forgetting the fact I’m still a student and working so money isn’t exactly spilling out of my pockets I just think OcUK should have taken a different approach to the upgrade system in the first place, I appreciate what they’re doing and all but I just view the upgrades as unfair to some people

I agree with this BUT! as @Gibbo said he’s been saving the RTX 3080 Suprim x cards so he can upgrade gaming x versions for FREE.

think it’s a thank you for waiting, I ordered 17th September around 15:00 as well on release day
the problem with this is that the price on the Suprim has been going up rapidly since the new year and we are all out of the early stock which was priced reasonably. The price that you guys paid for your cards hasn't increased, yet our cost price on that card has increased by nearly £250 in the last month alone. The free upgrades are not really sustainable on 3080 any longer.

If we had the cards to do it, which we don't, to upgrade everybody currently waiting for a Trio to a Suprim would cost us north of £150k :eek:
..and this figure is just going to keep increasing.

the problem with this is that the price on the Suprim has been going up rapidly since the new year and we are all out of the early stock which was priced reasonably. The price that you guys paid for your cards hasn't increased, yet our cost price on that card has increased by nearly £250 in the last month alone. The free upgrades are not really sustainable on 3080 any longer.

If we had the cards to do it, which we don't, to upgrade everybody currently waiting for a Trio to a Suprim would cost us north of £150k :eek:
Hi @ScottiB, would a paid upgrade be a possibility for those front of slow moving queues in the near future?

I understand BUT! @Gibbo claimed they were no more 3080 suprim x in stock and that’s why he couldn’t upgrade anymore 3080 gaming x, couple hours later I somehow managed to order one for a extra £400

personally if I knew 40 people was going to get upgraded I would’ve stayed with my gaming x because I would’ve been near the front of the queue saving myself £400.

I just refuse to abandon my order after so long and then pay double the price... forgetting the fact I’m still a student and working so money isn’t exactly spilling out of my pockets I just think OcUK should have taken a different approach to the upgrade system in the first place, I appreciate what they’re doing and all but I just view the upgrades as unfair to some people

That’s basically what I done Lool, waited all this time to almost pay double and then find out everyone else is getting free upgrades.

same bro I’m still a student myself, I appreciate what they’re doing for others as well. I was surprised people were receiving free upgrades

That’s basically what I done Lool, waited all this time to almost pay double and then find out everyone else is getting free upgrades.

same bro I’m still a student myself, I appreciate what they’re doing for others as well. I was surprised people were receiving free upgrades
If I had the spare money I would do the same as you :( my rx580 takes hours upon hours to render my scenes but hopefully it’s not long now

Back
Top Bottom