• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

How can we go from 900 to 130 Asus tuf 3080 non oc in a few months... then nothing since christmas, things are supposed to be getting better, I mean this isn't even worse... its the the complete absence of anything... no cards whatsoever. Is it seriously going to take another 5 months to go from 130 to shipping.

The reason is I think 600 of those 900 people cancelled their orders. About 170 received their card and the remaining 130 including yourself are the people who are willing to wait this out and won't cancel. So you saw rapid movement as people cancelled and now you're relying on actual shipments of cards.

We saw the same thing in the 3090 thread for the Strix. I remained in the same position for 5 weeks once the numbers got down low while I was moving almost 100 positions a month prior to that. OCUK mentioned at one point they had only shipped out 170 or so cards to preorderers even though there were 650+ preorders originally. Tons of people cancel until it gets down to the wire and just the hardcore crowed (or unlucky ones either way you look at it) remain.

Phew I thought I'd been cancelled, I look forward to that feeling of disappointed when you open that email all in a hurry to see that you are still place 257, lol.

Phew I thought I'd been cancelled, I look forward to that feeling of disappointed when you open that email all in a hurry to see that you are still place 257, lol.
We will have moved a definite 10 places as they got 10 Asus cards in of each this week then on top maybe 1 or 2 people dropped out.

Id just like to be able to get in the que... I'm sure the 5 months I'd have been waiting would put me at least somewhere near the front... Ish.
If they can’t clear back orders why would you even want to get in a queue they’ve told people to cancel for this reason. You’re not getting in an OcUK queue sorry so I’d stop waiting and look elsewhere if I were you

OcUK will have to start thinking about the endgame soon (blanket cancel?), esp if it comes up to 12 months and still no cards.
I doubt this will happen, I think people are willing to wait as long as it takes. Cancelling orders after this long will just anger customers and they’ll end up being flooded with bad reviews

If they can’t clear back orders why would you even want to get in a queue they’ve told people to cancel for this reason. You’re not getting in an OcUK queue sorry so I’d stop waiting and look elsewhere if I were you
Wow that was fiesty. Haha

It's not like I'm holding my breath pal don't worry :D
However I'd love to be waiting. Better to be at position 1000 in a que than not at all imo. Yeah there'd be a massive backlog, but it's not infinite. People who source cards from elsewhere, give up buy console etc etc etc can feel free to leave and person behind can take their place if they aren't happy to wait.

Wow that was fiesty. Haha

It's not like I'm holding my breath pal don't worry :D
However I'd love to be waiting. Better to be at position 1000 in a que than not at all imo. Yeah there'd be a massive backlog, but it's not infinite. People who source cards from elsewhere, give up buy console etc etc etc can feel free to leave and person behind can take their place if they aren't happy to wait.
If your not in a rush you might find you pick one very cheap later in the year if crypto crashes.

If your not in a rush you might find you pick one very cheap later in the year if crypto crashes.
I'm seriously fed up of gaming at 1440p and 1080p (ugh) after I've had a good taste of 4k 60 from a fair few games... Shouldn't have sold my 2080 before 3000 launch expecting myself to be so "lucky" I to be able to part with £800 of my cash also Wish I wasn't such a graphics snob and could be more patient and carry on playing amiga games on the laptop haha

Back
Top Bottom