• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

I'm back at square one. I sold my 2080 ti last year got £1060 and then pre-ordered on here the Asus TUF 3080 OC for £750. Waited since start of november and couldn't take not being able to run stuff as good as i could before and had put off playing all games except cs:go because i wanted to play with a new card at 2k. So i found a 3070 last week for a little over retail which is still a scalper price tbh even at rrp......so now i score slightly less in benchmarks than the 2080 ti even with +1400mhz on memory and gpu running 2.1ghz.......sold my Gtx 1080 for £450 so at least thats taking some of the financial impact off the 3070 purchase. I'm just going to wait in line as long as allowed until i get my card then try and sell the 3070 off for cheap. Just annoying to think in hindsight i should have held onto the 2080 ti and it was a strix model that looked really nice in my case now i got this asus dual oc 3070 crap that looks vanilla with no RGB and we all know RGB is essential

I'm back at square one. I sold my 2080 ti last year got £1060 and then pre-ordered on here the Asus TUF 3080 OC for £750. Waited since start of november and couldn't take not being able to run stuff as good as i could before and had put off playing all games except cs:go because i wanted to play with a new card at 2k. So i found a 3070 last week for a little over retail which is still a scalper price tbh even at rrp......so now i score slightly less in benchmarks than the 2080 ti even with +1400mhz on memory and gpu running 2.1ghz.......sold my Gtx 1080 for £450 so at least thats taking some of the financial impact off the 3070 purchase. I'm just going to wait in line as long as allowed until i get my card then try and sell the 3070 off for cheap. Just annoying to think in hindsight i should have held onto the 2080 ti and it was a strix model that looked really nice in my case now i got this asus dual oc 3070 crap that looks vanilla with no RGB and we all know RGB is essential
Lol what? So wait wait wait... £1060 from your 2080ti, - £500 ish for your 3070 = you should have over £500 in the bank? AND 450 for a 1080? Wow... I can't see the bad side in that. The 3070 almost matches the 2080ti no?

They can make new cards and price them higher rather than fulfilling orders on the cheaper early cards.
Yeah but surely they can’t just ignore the thousands of orders outstanding? It’s been like 6 months and they’re prioritising new products rather than the backorders, **** company

Lol what? So wait wait wait... £1060 from your 2080ti, - £500 ish for your 3070 = you should have over £500 in the bank? AND 450 for a 1080? Wow... I can't see the bad side in that. The 3070 almost matches the 2080ti no?

Yeah but the goal was to surpass the 2080 ti i already had and the rtx 3080 i pre-ordered here cost £750, so £750 of the £1060 was already instantly gone leaving £310, then the 3070 wasnt a founders edition and was already being scalped by retailers so i had to pay that and an extra £60 so the £450 for the gtx 1080, - the postage cost just about covered the 3070 thats almost as good as my old Rtx 2080 ti and still down £750 waiting on my Asus TUF OC 3080 from here. So im no better off and went 6 months not gaming......not really a profit.

Yeah but the goal was to surpass the 2080 ti i already had and the rtx 3080 i pre-ordered here cost £750, so £750 of the £1060 was already instantly gone leaving £310, then the 3070 wasnt a founders edition and was already being scalped by retailers so i had to pay that and an extra £60 so the £450 for the gtx 1080, - the postage cost just about covered the 3070 thats almost as good as my old Rtx 2080 ti and still down £750 waiting on my Asus TUF OC 3080 from here. So im no better off and went 6 months not gaming......not really a profit.
Hmmmm.... I'd have to disagree. I'd say you did well to sell your 2080ti for a grand. And a 1080 for almost 500 quid but also? I sold my 2080 for £420... And around the same time 2080tis were going for around 500-600.

Yeah you've gotta wait, but you've got a 3080 on the way and you're not out of pocket at the end of the day, deffo not after you've sold the 3070.

How much did you actually pay for the 3070 then? Cause yeah you've basically exchanged your old card for one that performs almost identically and profited by like around 500 quid. That's good going, any year.

8XVF40.jpg

How much did you actually pay for the 3070 then? Cause yeah you've basically exchanged your old card for one that performs almost identically and profited by like around 500 quid. That's good going, any year.

Shouldn't the question be how much did i originaly pay for the asus strix 2080 ti? (£900). At the end of the day £750 of that is tied up in a rtx 3080 i doubt im going to ever see from here and then spent 100 less than that on a 3070 lol. Add that up then subtract 400. Then guess how much i'll be able to sell a 3070 for when 3080's are so readily available that i actualy get one in my hands. Wouldnt be surprised if they somehow end up half price and a new 4xxx series out that nobody can get either. Trying to make out any of this is good is denial.

Don't get me wrong i am happy and feel lucky to even have a gpu at this time, usualy i give my old hardware away to friends n family but this 3070 burned a hole in my pocket regardless of the 1080 sale but yeah i could just ask for a refund but that would be admitting defeat so no lol

Just out of interest, could someone who has received their card, particularly the 3080 Tuf OC, could they check the card or packaging and see if there's a manufactured date on it, and tell us what the date is and when you actually got the card, so for instance the card was made 3rd week 2021 and OCUK sent it to you say 15th March 2021, I'm just thinking if we knew this it might help us folk still festering in the queue to get a ball park as to how long we have left. The only fly in the ointment for this scheme is, why would anyone who has received their card still be looking at this forum?

Shouldn't the question be how much did i originaly pay for the asus strix 2080 ti? (£900). At the end of the day £750 of that is tied up in a rtx 3080 i doubt im going to ever see from here and then spent 100 less than that on a 3070 lol. Add that up then subtract 400. Then guess how much i'll be able to sell a 3070 for when 3080's are so readily available that i actualy get one in my hands. Wouldnt be surprised if they somehow end up half price and a new 4xxx series out that nobody can get either. Trying to make out any of this is good is denial.

Don't get me wrong i am happy and feel lucky to even have a gpu at this time, usualy i give my old hardware away to friends n family but this 3070 burned a hole in my pocket regardless of the 1080 sale but yeah i could just ask for a refund but that would be admitting defeat so no lol
Again we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm rather jealous let's put it that way. I'll pay you what you paid for the 3080 to take your place in the que if you like? You'd be in profit then ;)

Just out of interest, could someone who has received their card, particularly the 3080 Tuf OC, could they check the card or packaging and see if there's a manufactured date on it, and tell us what the date is and when you actually got the card, so for instance the card was made 3rd week 2021 and OCUK sent it to you say 15th March 2021, I'm just thinking if we knew this it might help us folk still festering in the queue to get a ball park as to how long we have left. The only fly in the ointment for this scheme is, why would anyone who has received their card still be looking at this forum?
There's a million other factors that would come into that date though aren't there? Production for one, and how many of those big shipments are going directly to miners still.

If Nvidia are selling to miners before fulfilling their aib partners, that will just about do it for me regarding buying anymore stuff from them! DLSS, Ray tracing or not.

This gen is even more disappointing than the 2000 series launch imo. At least amd have brought the fight this time, but not as if we can even support them by buying their unicorn goid
Actually, got a 6800, but still sad. Really wish I had the extra features/performance of Nvidia instead. Too flu-paranoid to do a swap with a 3070 or the like, but I would otherwise. :(

It might actually be better to just sell it off for the inflated price then buy a pre-built but eh, I guess I'll just wait it out, time flies & scarcity aside I want more performance in RT than even Ampere offers.

Back
Top Bottom