• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
The fact they have come out with £1000 3080TI and are waving it in peoples faces who still don't have 3080 ! Having a laugh... I hope OC are doing 1 card only and to 1 address ! If I owned OC I'd be saying collection in person only and asking for ID on every transition , Need to stop these Scalpers or just make it a lot harder for them

Associate
I’ve been reading these forums for sometime now in an attempt to keep up with how things are going. I ordered an ASUS TUF 3080 last year and as of two weeks ago, I was around the 1k mark in terms of the pre-order list.

I think it’s great that OCUK have been trying to do the best in a bad situation and their free upgrades to certain customer groups has been welcomed, I’m sure. I understand that it’s not OCUK’s fault for the supply issues, but (and I could be in the minority here) I believe they are partially to blame for the situation (in terms of the backlog) we are now all in.

As far as I’m aware, OCUK has the largest backlog of any UK retailer (that openly shares its’ pre-order data online) for the 30 series cards. A number of other retailers have regular pre-order updates on their websites and if those are a true reflection of the numbers, on the ASUS 3080 alone OCUK have around 95 times the number of backlogged pre-orders. Why is that?

Am I the only one who thinks that the explanation of “they told us we’d have plenty of stock” is simply not good enough?” To give the benefit of the doubt, even if that did take place and OCUK were royally done over, what contingency plans did they have in place? How did they deal with situation that ensued?

There are people who have been waiting since launch day and have been seeing fellow customers being upgraded for free ... surely OCUK cannot morally cancel all of those backlogged orders? People have waited around 8 months, they have given up the opportunity to buy cards from other retailers in the hope that their order can be fulfilled.

I don’t believe OCUK have had any bad intentions, but they’ve certainly been inept. The situation has just been allowed to fester and continue for months, it’s just not acceptable.

Can you imagine how much brand damage this has caused to OCUK? How many people would just not purchase anything through them again?

OCUK... please, start assigning members of staff (or consider hiring temporary staff/agency staff on fixed term contracts) to deal with this situation. Create a system enabling people to place their interest in a 3080ti or on the LHR cards once stock levels are known. Or enable customers to downgrade/upgrade to a different card paying the difference, minus a discount for the amount of time spent waiting and not receiving a free upgrade like many others did. Perhaps consider allowing the customer to remain on the list until a time that prices drop and supply increases ... at least give the customer a choice instead of leaving 1000’s to just fester in a vague hope that they may see the product they ordered.

Well, that’s my £2’s worth. Good luck OCUK, you need it!

Caporegime
OCUK... please, start assigning members of staff (or consider hiring temporary staff/agency staff on fixed term contracts) to deal with this situation.

Have to agree, even though it's a lot of manhours they need to start cancelling and refunding people's orders and start fresh. The situation isn't going to get any better anytime soon and they're only delaying the inevitable.

Associate
I don’t believe OCUK have had any bad intentions, but they’ve certainly been inept. The situation has just been allowed to fester and continue for months, it’s just not acceptable.

Can you imagine how much brand damage this has caused to OCUK? How many people would just not purchase anything through them again?

To be fair, OCUK have realised that they didn't have that "prime retailer" relationship: recent advice from them has been to cancel and get one wherever you can, as the situation now looks pretty much hopeless. Applying "pressure" to AIB's just hasn't worked: there isn't any leverage.

I'm on the verge of doing just that and trying again in 2022, unless there is a realistic prospect of being able to pay for an upgrade to a 3080Ti.

I don't think anyone could have predicted the perfect storm of limited fabrication capacity, selling to miners, and scalpers.
The main mistake OCUK made was allowing so many orders to queue up in the first place.

Based on what I saw today with the 3080Ti "launch", a bulk shipment of maybe 100,000 cards to the UK would actually solve the problem.
My guess is that a couple of thousand cards actually got sold.

Last edited:
Associate
To be fair, OCUK have realised that they didn't have that "prime retailer" relationship: recent advice from them has been to cancel and get one wherever you can, as the situation now looks pretty much hopeless.

I'm on the verge of doing just that and trying again in 2022, unless there is a realistic prospect of being able to pay for an upgrade to a 3080Ti.

I understand that, but communication has been very patchy and there has been no outreach to the customer base, other than on this particular thread on the forums.

In comparison to other retailers, it’s been extremely poor.

I don’t want to bash them at all, but it’s been so poor and I feel like there needs to be a bit more criticism over how they’ve handled the situation.

I might be leaving the queue for the ASUS 3080 as I managed to bag a 3080ti FE today. I won’t cancel until I get the dispatch email and when the card is sat firmly on my desk! ;)

Associate
I’ve been reading these forums for sometime now in an attempt to keep up with how things are going. I ordered an ASUS TUF 3080 last year and as of two weeks ago, I was around the 1k mark in terms of the pre-order list.

I think it’s great that OCUK have been trying to do the best in a bad situation and their free upgrades to certain customer groups has been welcomed, I’m sure. I understand that it’s not OCUK’s fault for the supply issues, but (and I could be in the minority here) I believe they are partially to blame for the situation (in terms of the backlog) we are now all in.

As far as I’m aware, OCUK has the largest backlog of any UK retailer (that openly shares its’ pre-order data online) for the 30 series cards. A number of other retailers have regular pre-order updates on their websites and if those are a true reflection of the numbers, on the ASUS 3080 alone OCUK have around 95 times the number of backlogged pre-orders. Why is that?

couldn’t agree more. I have to say the staff at OCuk have been very nice and professional but yeah they have the most back orders compared to other retailers. Especially the popular brands like Asus, Msi and gigabyte, there are loads of back orders for those cards. OC Uk should have taken in less back orders as people who have ordered from September still haven’t received their card. I myself ordered a 3080 in November from OC (Luckily I have my card now, got it on March) whilst other retailers weren’t even offering to let me purchase and OC was the only website accepting orders. Obviously it is not overclockers fault but taking in so many back orders made it worse IMO

Associate
Normally I'd say "hold out", but since you're in front of me in the queue, do cancel :D

Thats actually half the reason I'm about to cave I think, I'd actually rather be 100's back & in the back of my mind not have a realistic hope in hell, to be 6th for 6 months is just utter mental torture................ive seen 50+ people upgraded on trinity OC's, & then a rumour of 5 non oc's landing weeks and weeks ago......even if that 5 does land.....ill still be in the *bleeping* queue but at the complete front. I'm just at a loss, have limped along on a gimped rig for 8 months now after my 980 died ect................I just want out of this hell

OcUK Staff
I'm getting very close to just cancelling a 6th place position ive been in for 6 months, recouping the £700 & spaffing out 2.2 grand on a next day prebuilt & having done with all of it for a year or two.

Dont do that as we have been upgrading all the Zotac orders to the next card in the lineup and next week I plan to upgrade a good chunk of the remaining Zotac Trinity cards to the OC version which will be around 10-20 that get upgraded which should cover yourself.

Permabanned
Gonna be upsetting if our orders end up being cancelled, went from 901 to 285 since october just to have it go and sadly the Strix OC doesn't really have any card it can be upgraded to in other queues

OcUK Staff
couldn’t agree more. I have to say the staff at OCuk have been very nice and professional but yeah they have the most back orders compared to other retailers. Especially the popular brands like Asus, Msi and gigabyte, there are loads of back orders for those cards. OC Uk should have taken in less back orders as people who have ordered from September still haven’t received their card. I myself ordered a 3080 in November from OC (Luckily I have my card now, got it on March) whilst other retailers weren’t even offering to let me purchase and OC was the only website accepting orders. Obviously it is not overclockers fault but taking in so many back orders made it worse IMO

Let me remind you that it is you the customers choice to keep your back order with OcUK.

OcUK made it very easy for people to cancel their orders online via the form within the first week of launch.

A queue update emailer is sent on a weekly basis giving people queue position updates and the forums are full of detailed information.

OcUK has taken a lot of back orders yes and it has also upgraded 100’s if not 1000+ cards now at considerable losses for those who have chosen to wait.

However it has been my advice for the past three months plus now people should cancel as the timelines are looking poor and the ability to cancel from first week launch has been available and easy to do. So if people still choose to wait that is fine but don’t complain about the wait as unfortunately it will be a long time.

We have never sold 3080 any stock we get that does not have back orders is used to upgrade other back order queues.

We have now shipped several thousand 3080’s since launch. :)

Associate
I have taken your advice.

I have just cancelled my order, and I have managed to get a confirmed in-stock order on an AMD Gigabyte Radeon RX 6800 GAMING OC from somewhere else.

Not as good as an RTX 3080, but much better than what I have right now, and good enough for MS Flight Simulator :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have taken your advice.

I have just cancelled my order, and I have got a confirmed in-stock order on an AMD Gigabyte Radeon RX 6800 GAMING OC from somewhere else.

Not as good as an RTX 3080, but much better than what I have right now, and good enough for MS Flight Simulator :)
Nice! I wish I could cancel but atm overclockers is my best bet to stay with atm to hope to get a new card until my order gets cancelled if it does. Gettings pc parts in general to ireland is a pain and overclockers is one of the best out there for me to buy from.

Associate
I cannot see how Nvidia will have enough Silicon and Memory to keep up acceptable production of the normal 3070/80 GPU's.

People should consider joining a discord alerts and grab a 3000 FE GPU when they pop up.

I managed to get one very easily today.

Associate
However it has been my advice for the past three months plus now people should cancel as the timelines are looking poor and the ability to cancel from first week launch has been available and easy to do.

Hi I'm #15 in queue for ASUS TUF 3080 NONE OC. Do you think I should cancel?

Associate
12th in the queue for a Inno3d X4 3080. No upgrade path and no real option other than to wait till doomsday hits. Really wish that company would just send a few more cards to clear the queue.

Back
Top Bottom