• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
What an ourtrageous response! Sorry, but you allowed customers to place pre-orders on unsecured stock not knowing if you’d ever be able to fulfil it.

You’re talking about enabling people to make cancellations, which is fair enough and you have done that, but OCUK have been so inept it’s unreal.

I mean, look at the two responses given ... in one breath you’re advising people to cancel their order and almost blaming them for not having done so already. In the other, you’re telling certain people not to cancel as they will receive a free upgrade.

There is absolutely no consistency in the levels of customer service being given and the whole management of this from start to finish has been appalling.

OCUK didn’t create the shortage, but Jesus they have created the **** show we are all in now.
What other response do you want? Yeah they allowed pre-orders for too long but you take 2 minutes to refund and it's your choice, they're literally doing everything they can and more...

Associate
Anyone else not getting updates on their graphics card every friday?

I didnt get one last week which is normal for bank Holidays.. and I believe the gentleman who normally supplies the updates is enjoy a nice stress free week off... although he's probably dreaming of gpus qt this point the poor fellow... im sure once he is back next week he will do his best to send everyone an update! Hopefully GPU santa has been kind this week! Fingers crossed for you!

Associate
I didnt get one last week which is normal for bank Holidays.. and I believe the gentleman who normally supplies the updates is enjoy a nice stress free week off... although he's probably dreaming of gpus qt this point the poor fellow... im sure once he is back next week he will do his best to send everyone an update! Hopefully GPU santa has been kind this week! Fingers crossed for you!

Last i heard i was 400 in the que for my 3080 Strix OC :( I still have hope hahah

Associate
I just managed to purchase an RTX 3090 FE, which I am happy about often waiting nearly 9 months. But would swap it in a heartbeat for an ASUS RTX 3080 ti OC. ROG Nerd, sad but true. Also I don't think the FE will fit in my case.

Likewise, the 3080 TUF non-OC was my choice but now I've snagged a 3090 FE think it's probably time to reluctantly cancel that. Was hoping it would arrive so I could sell the FE, but I'm still about 100 in the queue.

I swore from launch up until the day I purchased it (last week) I would never buy a 3090 because it was so much money, but my PC build has been on hold for 9 months or so because I wanted to build my system all in one go. So when I saw the 3090 FE drop last week I broke and picked one up. Still not good value in absolute terms, but compared to the rest of the market it's a steal.

Exactly my thoughts, although I started losing the plot mid-April and looked around for AIB 3090's. Very glad I only :eek: spaffed for an FE!
It's quite a piece of work and so far I've had to get a bigger case, beefier PSU and will be doing the thermal pad upgrade today once my iFixit tool set arrives. Mem temps at the moment are 98C on 100% fan using a stress test.

Hardly fair, I think gladiatorial combat only, and weapons can only be picked from a selection of old PC components...

I chose an original Winchester drive, although I'm going to need a forklift to move the bloody thing! :D

I cannot see how Nvidia will have enough Silicon and Memory to keep up acceptable production of the normal 3070/80 GPU's.
People should consider joining a discord alerts and grab a 3000 FE GPU when they pop up.
I managed to get one very easily today.

I used a Telegram group, same principal, but there's a bit of prep work to do first to ensure you can jump the hurdles fast enough. Got mine on the second drop I saw so definitely achievable without a bot. I did go 3090 though, the 3080 are gone almost instantly. :p

I am in the 3090 queue and the only update I had was the week following the purchase. Still I dont think they have had any deliveries of the version I bought, so that ties in :)

I'd strongly suggest trying for an FE, drops are every 2-3 weeks and there's a good chance you'll get one if you do the prep. ;)

Associate
well, the 3080Ti arrived today (was scheduled to arrive next Monday) so i just canceled my Asus 3080 TUF non-OC and free up queue position 484. Good luck with the wait.
The build I started in September is now completed, but somehow it doesn't feel the same...

Associate
well, the 3080Ti arrived today (was scheduled to arrive next Monday) so i just canceled my Asus 3080 TUF non-OC and free up queue position 484. Good luck with the wait.
The build I started in September is now completed, but somehow it doesn't feel the same...
What 3080 Ti did u get, what CPU u gonna match it with? Enjoy mate

Associate
Exactly my thoughts, although I started losing the plot mid-April and looked around for AIB 3090's. Very glad I only :eek: spaffed for an FE!
It's quite a piece of work and so far I've had to get a bigger case, beefier PSU and will be doing the thermal pad upgrade today once my iFixit tool set arrives. Mem temps at the moment are 98C on 100% fan using a stress test
I keep reading about the memory thermal problems, how easy is the pad replacement? Also where did you get your ifixit tool set from? Ordering the rest of my new PC today, very excited.

Back
Top Bottom