• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Guys, Overclockers have a few Asrock RX 6900XT’s in stock for just less than £1600 not a bad deal I suppose. By the way what’s the difference between this Asrock 6900XT and the AMD FE 6900XT as they look the same to me

Associate
I know very little about the processes of mining as it is, but I'd be really interested in seeing how they accomplished this: Detecting a very specific operation and only limiting that exact one, at the silicon level. Sounds interesting.
I've seen a slightly different version. The silicon limits which driver version can used with the card. When Eth mining is detected, the speed is limited.

Associate
Managed to get a hold of a 3070ti in my basket during the drop this morning, deciding to hold out as I’m mainly after the 3080 and you can only purchase 1 FE per household. Hopefully my patience will be rewarded soon :)

Associate
Your right too, I just checked now, and it’s sold by ‘them’ themselves. It’s not even a third party scalper either. £10,000!!! For a GPU. Crazy...

edit: surely someone’s not that dumb enough to buy a 3080 Ti for £10,000, which is x10 the original mrsp. I don’t believe that, you sure it’s not like a bot or something?

My guess is that if a buyer is planning on scamming the seller anyway, it doesn't really matter whether it was £2k or £10k... the scammer thinks they are going to get a free card.

Associate
I've seen a slightly different version. The silicon limits which driver version can used with the card. When Eth mining is detected, the speed is limited.
Speaking of which, I've seen in mining forums that new 3060's no longer work with the unlocked hashrate driver, only detected as Windows Basic Display with it installed.

Associate
YTkyvKv

https://ibb.co/YTkyvKv
Finally after 9 months my Haribo arrived

Associate
45th on the 3080 ventus queue... so we are advised to cancel.... gutted... are we able to jump to a queue with 0 in it? then at least we could get a card...
probably best to cancel. other retailers are selling 3070, 3080, and a few 3080 ti cards for a decent price in stock. overclockers are selling 3090's on their website so it may be worthwhile to look around the market

Associate
Hi how do I get icue to recognise the gpu? been playing, enabled sdk and plug ins but no joy as yet, any info would be appreciated, thanks, I have a Gigabyte b550 master though,:p

to be honest I just installed the relevant software and then ensured everything was up to date
You do need the ASUS software to be installed too if that helps

Associate
to be honest I just installed the relevant software and then ensured everything was up to date
You do need the ASUS software to be installed too if that helps
thanks for your reply, decided its a bit pointless really if you need to have both softwares installed. that was the whole idea originally of cutting down on needing a plethora of rgb installs just to get everything in sync! thanks though.:p

Associate
Strix 3080 OC queue, no change from last week to today (position 59), was 66 three weeks prior before the queue manager's break.

It looks like the announcement - 'consider cancelling if above 50' - has had a chilling effect on cancellations near and below the 50 mark. I think I'll hold out, especially given asus do bring some stock in here and there, but we're in for some interesting weeks between the advice, Tis, and incoming LHR stock.

Back
Top Bottom