1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by EVH, 1 Oct 2020.

1. Colonel_Klinck

Soldato

LOL that was a small delivery

2. Needles

Wise Guy

No, MSI Ventus .... sorry

3. Clownface

Associate

Ah man zotac is ********, spoke to a guy I know who ordered from competitor (trinity 3080 non OC) they told him nothing due until after October, like wtf :mad: I understand the revision of the boards but come on I'm not even sub 100 in the queue, good luck all in going to cancel my order and see if I can order another brand like Inno or PALIT or something as probably have more luck with getting stock so I wouldn't mind being at the back of the list. That way I know there will be progress

4. Xyclops

Gangster

There is no need for personal insults.

I too assumed that most likely it was one delivery, but in my opinion, that could also mean that an "ok" amount is expected but it will be spread over two days. He should know if something is being dispatched with 24hr or 48hr delivery right?

5. LostPenguins

Associate

A few people got some w/c 21st September but I haven't seem anything since then. Currently sitting 5th in queue, got my hopes up earlier when some people were getting visions dispatched.

6. llamadal

Mobster

They are in the UK now as people have been getting them today, I guess ocuk special relationship isn't that special after all.

7. DickieSharpe

Associate

It could only be that one competitor! From all available information it appears that a board revision may be being undertaken which could cause delays for the trinity. Interesting to see when their other cards arrive and if they’re any good!

8. Rice

Associate

I'm starting to worry less about my card being #724, Either AMD comes out with something better and I swap or the 20gb version might come out and I could swap to that instead :D

Have to try and be optimistic. I do wish it wasn't all silence and small/ok talks on numbers prefer figures or updates. They did say weekly updates so maybe friday we hear something more?

9. StrongSad

Mobster

Yeah Zotac has had a few issues since launch.

10. FatFishMonster

Wise Guy

This
    Just this
    100%.

11. brainfreeze

Associate

Rude and condescending is what I read in that reply. Always nice to find commonality though....

12. Scottland

Capodecina

Just put an order in for a TUF, can’t be bothered trying to play whack a mole on various websites to catch one in stock. Haven’t got a queue number yet, but I assume it’ll turn up eventually...

13. anything-but

Wise Guy

Now us ventus peeps wait for the update email, guessing that's a Friday job like last week.

14. EVH

Don

Just because you don’t like the answer doesn’t make it rude

15. Howling

Wise Guy

No, it's 2020 - it makes it offensive and racist ;)

16. Colonel_Klinck

Soldato

TBF he's not wrong though. Everyone knew it was a preorder. They arrive when they arrive. If OCUK were sitting on hundreds of cards in the warehouse and were being slow shipping them people would be entitled to be ****** off. That isn't the case though.

17. abzalya

Associate

guess i wont be able to get that watch dogs game for free

18. Illuminist

Soldato

How do you know they're not

19. Slyquick

Associate

There was atleast two types of card shipped today, with no communication that they would even arrive or have even arrived other than peoples shipping emails.

Thats a lack of communication on OC side, nothing more, nothing less and its imposible to defend really. Its hard for people to be patient in a queue when they arn't updated when stock actually does come in.

Its not the prommised transparency and "you will get news when we have news" we were advised, when cards come in and news doesn't actually happen? Stock doesn't arrive by suprise, OC will have known some Gigabyte cards may come in today and should have let people know. They can't expect people to sit back and wait for updates when shipping emails are arriving before any communication around stock from them.

Promising transparency around stock updates and more updates from the shop will cause people less frustration sure, which in turn will create less rants on the forums around preorders, but for that to actually have an effect their needs to be less hollow words and more actual transparency before people start calming down.

Last edited: 7 Oct 2020
  20. WesleyBurns

Wise Guy

Lol the prices of 2nd hand 2080 ti’s