• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Hi all

i dont want to get anyone's hopes up however I called Zotac today re the holo amp and they have confirmed these will be released and shipped on the 28th October. So i am guessing OC will then be in a position to ship to pre orders on the 29th/30th October.
Thanks for that, I've been searching the internet for an answer to that question, even asked Zotac on Twitter with no reply. If that's from Zotac themselves, then that gives a glimmer of hope as a firm release date :)

Associate
Rude and condescending is what I read in that reply. Always nice to find commonality though....
Everyone knows what a preorder is, so I agree it was a little condescending.

However a lot of impatience being shown on this forum and people venting anger and posting things that are against forum rules. Its bound to affect the mood of everyone here especially people such as EVH that have to spend hours a day moderating the posts.

Associate
There was atleast two types of card shipped today, with no communication that they would even arrive or have even arrived other than peoples shipping emails.

Thats a lack of communication on OC side, nothing more, nothing less and its imposible to defend really. Its hard for people to be patient in a queue when they arn't updated when stock actually does come in.

Its not the prommised transparency and "you will get news when we have news" we were prommised, when cards come in and news doesn't actually happen? Stock doesn't arrive by suprise, OC will have known some Gigabyte cards may come in today and should have let people know. They can't expect people to sit back and wait for updates when shipping emails are arriving before any communication around stock from them.

Promising transparency around stock updates and more updates from the shop will cause people less frustration sure, which in turn will create less rants on the forums around preorders, but for that to actually have an effect their needs to be less hollow words and more actual transparency before people start calming down.
How dare you speak common sense, its not like we are asking for something that other shops are providing. Great customer service and all that.....

Associate
EVH:Do you even understand what a preorder is? Serious question.

This
Just this
100%.

With respect, when I placed my order - and presumably when hundreds of others here placed their orders - OC said they had stock. It did mention in the item description that pre-orders would be met on a first-com, first-served basis, but I did not click on a pre-order button. I clicked on a 'Buy Now' button next to some text that said 'In Stock'.

So I put it to you both and OverClockers: do YOU know what a pre-order is? Because that isn't what I purchased.

Associate
This all bodes bad for the 3070 too I feel.
Has there been any TUF non OC's received by anyone?

Not through OC, no. I'm in the 180s queue wise, and no updates to that position.

Aside from OC not receiving stock think we also suffered with jumpers to some degree, especially with the Caps scare.

Either way, non sighted and no view on when OC will be able to get any in.

So hang on in there, it wont be long now :)

Update: I just checked the 3080 owners thread and there around posted there at least one from OCUK.

Associate
Doesn't pre-orders happen before item is released?
Doesn't companies specifie date when item is being released?
Doesn't companies update every time when item is being delayed?

Go outside 3080 and tell me how pre-orders are being handled.

Associate
From what I gather following me earlier post about a friend of mine sending me a picutre of his new 3080 which he oredered at 545pm from a competing etailer, I ordered mine on OCUK between 2-3pm rush and im still waiting.

Gibbos thread looks to be completely fcking pointless, what he says either doesn't happen or cards arrive and dispatch and he hasn't said anything, so what on earth is the point in that update thread, completely pointless.

Get more bloody updates from the community in this thread via dispatch emails and users letting us know they got a dispatch email.

Could this be any worse organised? I know demand greatly exceeds supply, but it's the after service/updates/sales which has shocked me!

Quite appalling if i'm being honest!

Associate
EVH:Do you even understand what a preorder is? Serious question.

With respect, when I placed my order - and presumably when hundreds of others here placed their orders - OC said they had stock. It did mention in the item description that pre-orders would be met on a first-com, first-served basis, but I did not click on a pre-order button. I clicked on a 'Buy Now' button next to some text that said 'In Stock'.

So I put it to you both and OverClockers: do YOU know what a pre-order is? Because that isn't what I purchased.
As has already been said, the “in stock” wasn’t accurate, and OCUK knew that and even communicated that it wouldn’t be accurate with the sheer number of people trying to get one.
The in stock wasn’t correct, wasn’t supposed to be displayed. This has already been communicated before, there is no good being salty now.

If you did purchase a card that was showing as in stock and it wasn’t the case, then yeah that is unfortunate and it must suck, but it’s already been said it wasn’t correct. Either cancel the order, or just accept it was a mistake and accept your place in the queue.

yes gibbo told us that there was some stock in, but he also said that there was a tiny amount and that most people wouldn’t receive one, it was pre warning and effectively a lottery.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Doesn't pre-orders happen before item is released?
Doesn't companies specifie date when item is being released?
Doesn't companies update every time when item is being delayed?

Go outside 3080 and tell me how pre-orders are being handled.
You’re pre-ordering. As in, purchasing now before you have it.

I understand what you’re saying but technically it’s a pre-order if there’s none in stock.

Back
Top Bottom