• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
But that thread IS NOT being updated. They shipped Palit and Ventus out yesterday and there's nothing in that thread about them.
Reality is OCUK totally oversold these cards and the poor frontline staff are dealing with the fallout.

And customers who bought those cards and were high enough in the queue got a notification of shipment and their card has either arrived or on the way. It holds no relevance to people who are deep in the queue which will be the majority of people. The thread should be updated with info that is relevant on a bigger scale and will effect the most people. I'm not really interested in hearing about every 4 or 5 cards that get shipped. I want to hear if a large order is on the way, or when partners can provide estimated delivery times and production volumes that will relate to clearing most of the back orders and by when.

Associate
And customers who bought those cards and were high enough in the queue got a notification of shipment and their card has either arrived or on the way. It holds no relevance to people who are deep in the queue which will be the majority of people. The thread should be updated with info that is relevant on a bigger scale and will effect the most people. I'm not really interested in hearing about every 4 or 5 cards that get shipped. I want to hear if a large order is on the way, or when partners can provide estimated delivery times and production volumes that will relate to clearing most of the back orders and by when.
I’m very close to the front of the queue and there is nothing happening.

Associate
Assuming nobody has any information on the EVGA cards? Baffling how they were listed when I'm hearing that not only was there zero stock allocation on the 17th, but there were no orders in place to receive them at any point.
Understand the stock shortage but if this had been communicated to me earlier, I could have switched to another card/company. Fairly calm about the situation and willing to wait, but right now I don't even know whether OC will even be getting any in stock at all.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It's always tomorrow! So are the shop banned from speaking in the official thread to make the date of tomorrow official?
Not being funny, but you must see what I'm getting at here.
No, the shop staff are free to post on the forums. There's something going on behind the scenes because users have received responses from the webnote system advising them to wait 24hrs for an update.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't something posted by Monday with the level of traffic this thread is getting. I see where you're coming from and we've raised it with the shop guys too :)

Associate

You're going full circle here. You point us to the thread with the updates. I point out we're not getting the full picture with updates. So which is it? You want to hear only about large orders. Good for you. But the idea of that thread was to update when ANY stock was on the way.

Associate
Look I dont really understand what your trying to say..But going by the last thread people in this pointless queue who were 87th in it got there card and others who were 20th odd.. Same make/model didint

Well you said it yourself. It's a pointless unofficial queue that by now means absolutely nothing in terms of queue position so why base judgement about who got their card and when from wildly inaccurate guesses.

Associate

Well you said it yourself. It's a pointless unofficial queue that by now means absolutely nothing in terms of queue position so why base judgement about who got their card and when from wildly inaccurate guesses.

You are awfully defensive

So why did the other thread get pulled while I was in the middle of catching up

Associate
i'm starting to think the delays are due to the fact that there never was a queue to begin with, and they're having to hack together some SQL queries to generate one before letting people know where they sit in it.

Associate
tenor.gif

Associate
I feel sorry for customer service reps and anyone else who has to deal with the customer, but your management team, or whoever, handled this whole thing in the worst way possible. The promised queue system is nowhere to be seen. Preorders are still open when you have well over 10k+ orders. You're still boasting how you're getting the best supply in the UK when it's probably not even remotely true and just empty PR speak. You're also telling your customers you'll contact them only to ignore them and go radio silent.
I understand that no one really knows anything about the stock situation and stuff, but the worst thing you can do is lie or make empty promises to your customers, it will only come back and bite you in the ass in the long run. Been there, done that.

Associate
  1. i'm starting to think the delays are due to the fact that there never was a queue to begin with, and they're having to hack together some SQL queries to generate one before letting people know where they sit in it.
    Even if you had to hand sort the orders by time it would not take 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom