• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I dont blame OcUK i really dont...They can look at my order list over the last 10 years to know im loyal to OcUK but keeping Pre orders open knowing theres no way on gods green earth they can fulfill these orders this side of Xmas is madness

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I feel sorry for customer service reps and anyone else who has to deal with the customer, but your management team, or whoever, handled this whole thing in the worst way possible. The promised queue system is nowhere to be seen. Preorders are still open when you have well over 10k+ orders. You're still boasting how you're getting the best supply in the UK when it's probably not even remotely true and just empty PR speak. You're also telling your customers you'll contact them only to ignore them and go radio silent.
I understand that no one really knows anything about the stock situation and stuff, but the worst thing you can do is lie or make empty promises to your customers, it will only come back and bite you in the ass in the long run. Been there, done that.
No official word about a queue system has come out, some users posted screenshots but their legitimacy is debatable.

The moderators have raised it with the shop, so I'd be highly surprised if everyone hasn't been updated come Monday afternoon tbh.

Associate
I feel sorry for customer service reps and anyone else who has to deal with the customer, but your management team, or whoever, handled this whole thing in the worst way possible. The promised queue system is nowhere to be seen. Preorders are still open when you have well over 10k+ orders. You're still boasting how you're getting the best supply in the UK when it's probably not even remotely true and just empty PR speak. You're also telling your customers you'll contact them only to ignore them and go radio silent.
I understand that no one really knows anything about the stock situation and stuff, but the worst thing you can do is lie or make empty promises to your customers, it will only come back and bite you in the ass in the long run. Been there, done that.
Bless you for this.

Associate
I dont blame OcUK i really dont...They can look at my order list over the last 10 years to know im loyal to OcUK but keeping Pre orders open knowing theres no way on gods green earth they can fulfill these orders this side of Xmas is madness

Why? It dont hold anything up, what else is a pre-order if not ordering something before it's im stock? people order consoles and stuff ages in advance. If people wanna give up money for something they know they're not getting anytime soon, then why shouldn't a store keep taking them, especially if they can leverage that demand with suppliers?

If taking more preorders somehow meant that current orders would be held up then sure, but I don't really get what difference it makes

Associate
Assuming nobody has any information on the EVGA cards? Baffling how they were listed when I'm hearing that not only was there zero stock allocation on the 17th, but there were no orders in place to receive them at any point.
Understand the stock shortage but if this had been communicated to me earlier, I could have switched to another card/company. Fairly calm about the situation and willing to wait, but right now I don't even know whether OC will even be getting any in stock at all.

I'm pretty sure OcUk dropped them as EVGA confirmed they're focusing on the US before the UK, Might be wrong but pretty sure that's what led to some of the early card-swapping shennanigans.

Associate
Why? It dont hold anything up, what else is a pre-order? If people wanna give up money for something they know they're not getting anytime soon, then why shouldn't a store keep taking them, especially if they can leverage that demand with suppliers?

Because normally if you Pre order something money up front in the normal way you kinda of expect it within a month not knowing is not right

Associate
How many times can it be said, it's nothing to do with the thread in general, it's to do with people breaking the forum rules, full stop, regardless of the situation breaking the rules time and again especially after multiple warnings is not acceptable, one has nothing to do with the other!
So the thread was deleted because some people broke the rules, but the vast majority did not. I was using that thread as the ONLY source of information as OC were providing nothing. By deleting that thread you took away the only source of information that anyone could count on.
The main sentiments were that queue swapping was wrong and that we need some information. Both are quite legitimate points. Information about what cards were coming in and which orders had been fulfilled were handy as were the synopses of conversations that different people were having with OC. On the whole it was civil, informative and not unreasonable. Because people were making those points I felt no need to echo them and just read the thread to gather what information I could. By taking that away I will now have to speak with OC to get information myself.

I don't envy your task of tidying the thread, I do however think by deleting it you have made things, for me anyway, much worse.

Permabanned
Maybe we need a daily press conference where someone stands up and says the same thing every day, much like the COVID-19 press conferences during lockdown.
Let's hire Boris he will walk out of door looking lie he's in a rush and stand in front of camera and will say.
We have card shipments under control. If we stand together we will conquer cards shortage.
Thanks for attention

On the stand there will be signs saying
Stay calm
Preorder cards
RTX soon On

Hehehehehehe

Associate
So the thread was deleted because some people broke the rules, but the vast majority did not. I was using that thread as the ONLY source of information as OC were providing nothing. By deleting that thread you took away the only source of information that anyone could count on.
The main sentiments were that queue swapping was wrong and that we need some information. Both are quite legitimate points. Information about what cards were coming in and which orders had been fulfilled were handy as were the synopses of conversations that different people were having with OC. On the whole it was civil, informative and not unreasonable. Because people were making those points I felt no need to echo them and just read the thread to gather what information I could. By taking that away I will now have to speak with OC to get information myself.

I don't envy your task of tidying the thread, I do however think by deleting it you have made things, for me anyway, much worse.

very well said

Associate

+1
Phone will be getting hammered on Monday if there's no official queue

The thread was being moderated with a communist style anyhow, don't really see why it was removed

Associate
SELECT *
FROM orders
WHERE productId IN ('...')
GROUP BY productId
ORDER BY orderDate
blah

Like you say any half decent DBA or semi competent reporting system would have pulled this out in no time. Its baffling, but on the flip side giving you a queue id is pointless without knowing when they are coming, or do we have to have to rely on each other to provide updates.

Back
Top Bottom