• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
So the thread was deleted because some people broke the rules, but the vast majority did not. I was using that thread as the ONLY source of information as OC were providing nothing. By deleting that thread you took away the only source of information that anyone could count on.
The main sentiments were that queue swapping was wrong and that we need some information. Both are quite legitimate points. Information about what cards were coming in and which orders had been fulfilled were handy as were the synopses of conversations that different people were having with OC. On the whole it was civil, informative and not unreasonable. Because people were making those points I felt no need to echo them and just read the thread to gather what information I could. By taking that away I will now have to speak with OC to get information myself.

I don't envy your task of tidying the thread, I do however think by deleting it you have made things, for me anyway, much worse.
Agreed. And let's be real. All the people breaking rules had their post deleted anyway. And making a new thread will not stop them doing it again here. So seems very misguided to remove it. Looks kind of bad to be.

Associate
Let's hire Boris he will walk out of door looking lie he's in a rush and stand in front of camera and will say.
We have card shipments under control. If we stand together we will conquer cards shortage.
Thanks for attention

On the stand there will be signs saying
Stay calm
Preorder cards
Cards are coming

Hehehehehehe

This post made me laugh... Love it

Associate
I'd say expect Monday but hope for tomorrow. That way you won't be disappointed.
So the apparent message from OCUK told to a forum member that they had begun sending emails yesterday was a lie then? Either the person that posted it lied, or OCUK lied to them.

Associate
I'm pretty sure OcUk dropped them as EVGA confirmed they're focusing on the US before the UK, Might be wrong but pretty sure that's what led to some of the early card-swapping shennanigans.
Should really be passing this information on directly to customers. Basically had to dig through this forum to find scraps of information. A competitor in the UK has a shipment scheduled in, albeit delayed a week, so maybe the situation has changed, but who knows. Hoping someone has rang up over the last few days and has some update on it. Just want to know if shipments and expected with the next couple of months so I can make a decision.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

So the apparent message from OCUK told to a forum member that they had begun sending emails yesterday was a lie then? Either the person that posted it lied, or OCUK lied to them.
Well, I can't verify the screenshot as legit BUT they did say that they'd begin notifying customers on a card-by-card basis.

There's no evidence to suggest they haven't notified owners of XYZ sku but not abc sku apart from no one has come forward to say yes. I'd like it to Ford saying they'll contact all car owners but instead of sending it out to everyone they're going to start with the KA, then the Fiesta etc. If you owned a Kuga then you'd be thinking "OMGWTFBBQ! THEY HAZNT CONTACT MEEHHH" when in reality they just hadn't got to you yet.

Patience and I'm sure by this time Monday people will have an update :cool: #believe

Associate
I've had a message, earlier today, via the customer support forum here that we should be getting a queue update by the end of the week.

I'm frustrated because I had a stock ETA (the 23rd September) when I ordered my card which wasn't correct. I cancelled an order based on that, which I now regret. That being said I don't think OCUK is a bad company whatsoever. I just think they haven't handled this well.

Associate
We've created a system to email customers their queue positions, which we're planning on doing weekly. I believe we've already started emailing queue positions out and we're working on emailing everyone's initial queue positions to them within the next few days, but the best place to keep up with stock updates at the moment will be this forum thread: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...deliveries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/ - We in customer services don't know anything more than what Gibbo has already written here, sorry.

Associate
Well, I can't verify the screenshot as legit BUT they did say that they'd begin notifying customers on a card-by-card basis.

There's no evidence to suggest they haven't notified owners of XYZ sku but not abc sku apart from no one has come forward to say yes. I'd like it to Ford saying they'll contact all car owners but instead of sending it out to everyone they're going to start with the KA, then the Fiesta etc. If you owned a Kuga then you'd be thinking "OMGWTFBBQ! THEY HAZNT CONTACT MEEHHH" when in reality they just hadn't got to you yet.

Patience and I'm sure by this time Monday people will have an update :cool: #believe

Update on Monday - "shipped very small amount of palit"

Soldato
I've had a message, earlier today, via the customer support forum here that we should be getting a queue update by the end of the week.

I'm frustrated because I had a stock ETA (the 23rd September) when I ordered my card which wasn't correct. I cancelled an order based on that, which I now regret. That being said I don't think OCUK is a bad company whatsoever. I just think they haven't handled this well.

...and like nvidia have?!
If OcUK aren't being told when to expect stock, how are they supposede to tell us?

Back
Top Bottom