• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
yeh will do, il just post in here as soon as i hear/see anything.. ohhh 58 ayy!! yeh fingers crossed they have at least aa shipment of 60 ay bud!!

One can hope but looking at the pallet setup coming in to other companies and photos they post you get two rows of 7 cards (14) x 3 layers so 42 cards per pallet prospectively so I would be on second delivery i bet

Associate
Why are people mad about a company doing preorders?

Apple sells millions of iPhones every year... if you’re not in the first batch of lucky customers you could be waiting months without a new phone. This is particularly annoying if you’re paying £80 a month on the upgrade programme.

The fact that OcUK let you preorder at least guarantees you’ll have a card at some point. They’re not a finite supply... they won’t run out before getting to your order. It’ll just take longer to fulfil it.

Don’t want to preorder? You don’t have to.

A lot of people ordered/pre-ordered when there were ETA's.........which have since not been fulfilled.

Comparing Apple and subsequently mobile networks, is not comparable to AIB's and a UK/Germany based business.

Associate
Hi everyone,

I have a bit of a strange situation with my 3080 order.

I ordered it the day it was for sale, but oddly it's not arrived.

This is most perplexing.

Does anyone else have this issue?

OCUK - if you're reading this, can you please send it to me, thanks.

Associate
A lot of people ordered/pre-ordered when there were ETA's.........which have since not been fulfilled.

Comparing Apple and subsequently mobile networks, is not comparable to AIB's and a UK/Germany based business.

Hey that's me! I'm 56th for a Ventus and the ETA was the 18th of September. Now it looks like
I wont get one in time for CyberPunk!

Maybe they only got 4 in that day.

Associate
Hi everyone,

This is most perplexing.

Oh you sweet summer child....

Associate
I was/still am 2nd in the Que for the EAGLE OC 3080. no delivery or dispatch email yet... Just letting you know. saw a few people asking if anyone had a delivery or a dispatch email

Thanks. Useful to understand, if disappointing to know. I got my order in at 17.02 on the 17th and I find myself 681 in the queue. I am decreasingly confident I will see the god forsaken thing this calendar year.

Associate
Hi everyone,

This is most perplexing.

firstly check your emails your order was placed with..... you should have a Que position...

TrM

TrM

Associate
I would 100% agree, if the money was placed as a hold like most places, but OCUK take full payment up front, so even at RRP, 8600 orders mean they have £5,590,000 sat in their account from 3080's :p

If anything I can’t see it sitting in the bank account. In today’s world they would have to pay to get the cards in. Whilst I personally think overclockers is a good size and I don’t see any reason to question what they say but I see it this way

8k orders for gpu is in this case u said 5.6m money they would have to spend getting them in. With ryzen cpu coming next month plus 20 differnt motherboards and rtx 3090 also and rtx 3070 they also need to buy those cards also and amd gpu also that’s a lot of money for stock overclockers Ed to find and if the 3080 costs 5m more stores of overclockers would need to get preorders in.

I see preorders as another tool for overclockers to compete with much bigger uk retail chains. And give them leverage and money to do so.

the main thing I preordered with overclockers was the fact I believe there team would be doing more to get the stock in versus a large retail store that has many different products lines outside of computers and pc parts.

Associate

Yeah they screwed up there. 3090 and 3070 launch are pre-order only. This get's them out of that situation.

Soldato
Why are people mad about a company doing preorders?

Apple sells millions of iPhones every year... if you’re not in the first batch of lucky customers you could be waiting months without a new phone. This is particularly annoying if you’re paying £80 a month on the upgrade programme.

The fact that OcUK let you preorder at least guarantees you’ll have a card at some point. They’re not a finite supply... they won’t run out before getting to your order. It’ll just take longer to fulfil it.

Don’t want to preorder? You don’t have to.

I don't think people are mad about pre orders on the whole, I think there a several factors at play here. Firstly with regards to money, I think it's probably because the full amount of money is taken upfront and with no real idea given as to how long it will be until a product is delivered (weather it's possible to give that or not isn't going to change how people feel about that) rather than a deposit and then the full amount later when the product ships, personally I think that would be a more customer friendly way to do it and people would be more ok with that I think.

Secondly many people ordered while stock was either showing or there was a date on it, exactly what that meant or weather you 'should' have believed it is again beside the point really, it did say that and perhaps quite expectedly many people would have expected they were actually going to get a card quite quickly because of that, little were they to know something had gone awry and it should have said 'Pre-Order' without a date given after about the first 10 minutes or so, especially if said people aren't normally followers of the forum and or the hardware industry in general, they couldn't have known it would be like this to be fair to them. And thirdly I think people who actually might be knowingly pre-ordering are probably a bit peeved at not having any sort of clear idea when they might get it, it's a shot in the dark and we really don't even have enough information to even try to make an educated guess at the moment, I suppose this last group will likely know this by now but I still get that they wouldn't be terribly happy about it still. It's mostly just the not knowing part that is really getting to people I think, even though OcUK don't know so can't tell them, it doesn't make people feel any better.

Edit: Sorry I had another point in mind too, which is a bit less 'concrete' than the above but more or an observation of people. Silly as this may be or sound, we do live and have done for a few years now in a 'Next Day Delivery' perhaps even same day from the Big River (hat tip Jonny Cash) world now, we are used to getting things fast, waiting very long from the point of deciding to buy to the point of receiving a consumer product like this, isn't too much of a thing anymore and people just aren't that used to it. People are impatient for stuff now (I know I am, and I preach patience to the impatient!) they don't want to wait they want it NOW or at least tomorrow ...it's a mentality and a way of living that many have become accustomed to ...this is also a big factor in all this. Much as I loathe this phrase as it hardly says anything but it seems to fit this well, 'it is what it is'.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally heard back from customer service. Didn't receive a mail about my queue number.

Order Number: 58619**
Date ordered: 17/09/2020 15:13:38
Gigabyte Eagle

"Hello, Sorry for the delayed reply - I can't confirm the exact Q position as the system used to send the emails is different than the original we've used previously due to some internal adjustments that were needed. However based upon the old system you're 854 in the Q, but this may be slightly less/higher. It's the best indication I can give you at this time until we send another mailer next month, or when further stock lands.

At the moment there is no confirmed ETA on further stock, but based upon your Q position it will be a while as it will be months before we see substantial stock."

I should be about 200 or so I think, but no. I am number 854 in the queue MAYBE. That is if I am in the queue. What a joke. OC clearly don't want me as a customer.

Associate
I would 100% agree, if the money was placed as a hold like most places, but OCUK take full payment up front, so even at RRP, 8600 orders mean they have £5,590,000 sat in their account from 3080's :p

That is a liability though, not an asset until the product is shipped and it converts to a sale.

Soldato
Haha well glad I could make someone a little happier today. My queue position was also over 1000 so that did play into my decision to be honest, if I had been under about 200 I would probably have just hung on anyway.

But I have been reminding myself the last week just how damn fast my 1080Ti still is anyway, it's a great card and as much as I want a 3080 and I had always planned to miss the 2000 series and upgrade to the 3000 series anyway ...it's still a damn fast card and does everything I want it to do and more I just can't experience RTX but most people tell me that I'm not really missing much anyway.

I already sold my 2080 a couple of months ago (sold for £630-ish, and buying 3080 for £650 so free upgrade, the cost is waiting). So now I'm keeping my pre-order no matter what unless I find a cheaper option.

Back
Top Bottom