• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
happy_isnt_the_word

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...word/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

It's here boys!

So jealous!

Associate
Asus just posted an update on their 3080 and 3090 series cards. Dosnt really tell anything than what we already know. Though they say they are shipping direct to UK from Factory so should speed waiting times up.

https://www.facebook.com/ASUSROGUK/posts/3178282702282757

I noticed this in the comments from that FB post above:
"
8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
ASUS Republic of Gamers
Hi Callum, all Strix, TUF, OC and non-OC are all coming at the same time. All being produced equally"

I wanted to screenshot it but I'm on my phone so was a bit of a pain, but you can follow the link to the Asus FB group above and read it for yourself in the comments.

Associate
Am doubtful about that... GB use 470 caps which are better than the "cheaper ones"... also MLCC are actually cheaper, just more expensive to assemble on the board. Anyway, more likely GB would halt production to sort out the power connector issue, which could "in theory" cause a fire rather than just affect performance.

You can be as doubtful as you like, I saw it with my own eyes go watch the tube vid

Associate
Am doubtful about that... GB use 470 caps which are better than the "cheaper ones"... also MLCC are actually cheaper, just more expensive to assemble on the board. Anyway, more likely GB would halt production to sort out the power connector issue, which could "in theory" cause a fire rather than just affect performance.

The spec from nvidia recommends at least one set of MLCC's. So although they have high capacitance Sp-Caps, it's outside spec.

Associate
Are we still going on about this caps issue? I thought we'd put that in the ground where it belongs. Mind you, if you upset yourselves enough and cancel ahead of me, I actually don't mind!

Associate
I'd imagine they'd spend the morning packing the cards for shipping, then send them out in bulk during the early hours of the afternoon. I'm sure it's only a matter of time for you guys :)

Associate
Anyone who was below position 502 for the MSI trio you’ve been bumped up one. Had to cancel as I had two orders in. Hoping gigabyte bless us with Aorus Masters to the tune of 166+ very soon.

Associate
After looking about on numerous websites its rumored the Zotac amp holo shipment is heading to the UK might be around mid-october.
take it with a grain of salt though. If it arrives earlier then bonus!

Associate
The spec from nvidia recommends at least one set of MLCC's. So although they have high capacitance Sp-Caps, it's outside spec.

I believe all of the AIB's designs have to be validated and approved by NVidia themselves. They're not likely to approve a design they thought was going to have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom