• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Any reason why I have friends which ordered cards from competitors company they even ordered them 19/20 September and they have ready them at home various models ASU’s plait etc and some of us can even get cards from oc were they been ordered on release date that is quite interested when oc said is one of the first retailers in uk :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Associate
Just got off the phone from a competitor and I am 38 in queue for a Gigabyte eagle and they are getting 15 ish a week - so maybe end of month even with a good queue position. I have an order for my brother with OC and am 520 ish for the same card.
From the looks of things OC haven't been getting near that amount. We can't really tell tbh as the lack of communication is appaling. I think after this I probably won't use OC's again.

Associate
this place would give good ole dell and rodney a run for their money. thats for sure :p
I've been using OC for twenty years, too. They're absolutely fine if they have your item in stock and there is nothing wrong with it. But I did have to chase them recently for over a month about a monitor on back order - same deal, really...I didn't mind waiting, but I didn't like the radio silence.

And also about 15 years ago they refused to accept a CPU I returned as it was DOA. By which I mean a bunch of pins were bent. They said I must have installed it incorrectly, which is not true. I think they sent me someone else's return without having checked it first. A very long argument over several weeks, usually waiting 3-4 days for them to respond each time. Eventually they accepted the return. This experience burned me, so now I film every unboxing of expensive items I receive. Quite paranoid.

So yeah, the writing was on the wall for 3080. Don't know why I ordered from here.
+1 This is the reason my most recent build was built with parts from the biggest box shifter of them all. Its just a shame the company with the smile doesn't have any 30s listed yet else i wouldn't be here with all the bad memories coming back. This is an experience most wont forget anytime soon :( - OC clearly dont mind though. Thats a pretty bad show from any business imho.
Yea, either that or the stock they get goes into pc builds or somewhere else more profitable :(
at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they had some on ebay for that extra few quid

Associate
please dont pre-order this late in the game - just wait, its not worth it.

the main issue is i sold my 2080 super gaming x trio to try and buy a 3080 but then this whole catastrophe has left me using integrated. beyond ridiculous

will the BIG NAVI release actually reduce demand on 3000?

Associate
Being told in an email at the start of all this from OCUK that they will be at the top for getting cards that arrive in the UK. Then seeing other competitors in the UK get more shipments then OCUK....

I'm super tempted to cancel and just try my luck elsewhere as people who I know have been placing orders last week and already have there card installed...

Associate
the main issue is i sold my 2080 super gaming x trio to try and buy a 3080 but then this whole catastrophe has left me using integrated. beyond ridiculous

yeah a lot of people tried their luck hoping to make enough for the 3080, Backfired i guess

Associate

It may reduce - myself however do not wish to own an AMD, i cannot stand their drivers / image. I do love Ryzen though....

I sold my 1080ti and i wish i NEVER did, you could find a 1660TI or something to do you by for now, but 2nd hand prices are through the roof. The mistake we made was selling our cards, that ship has sailed...

I sold my 1080ti for 290 and i see the guy sold it 3 weeks later for 420. Nice box and all and even used my same images!

Associate
Ordered an EVGA 3080 to go in my first new rig in 8 years. I'm waiting for Zen 3 so I'm not in a massive rush. But with it being announced tomorrow, likely released towards the end of the month, and then the likely rush to get one of those I am wondering at this point, which will come first? The CPU, the GPU, Cyberpunk 2077, or the next ice age? :D

Associate
The only way I see big navi reducing the load is if they have a close enough performance card to the 3080. Even then, nvidia has such a high brand image.

Back
Top Bottom