• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Its just buying time until the end of october....

Dear valued customer,

You are currently in postition #139 in the que for buying time.

Nvidia has undoubtedly released an excellent product with their "time" architecture and as such demand has been very high!

Please be patient as it's only a matter of "time" before you get your new product.

Love OC "

Associate
An update direct from OCUK on Twitter regarding EVGA cards -
"We have no updates re. EVGA stock landing i'm afraid, stock will be nominal when it does and we hope to get a shipment this side of Christmas."

@Gibbo can you confirm whether this is correct? Your competitors in the UK are already shipping EVGA cards this week, yet you have no information. However, your own website claims to be the in the best position to receive UK stock.

Really need yours or someone else's official input from OCUK on this, else it's outright misleading.

Associate
Gotta love these situations where every party in the process knows they can't deliver on what they're promising because it's a finite product but no one wants to lose face so they all just pretend things are gonna be great until it becomes too apparent that they're not and then everyone starts talking about how no one saw the demand coming after hyping the product like crazy weeks before launch.

This. And yet youtube "personalities" can still get their hands on them. What's the point in advertising a product you have no stock of? I understand it's good PR, but it's a slap in the face of every customer waiting in a queue with no ETA on a product they have paid up front for.

CCC

CCC

Associate
Changed your tune there, a couple of days ago it was what use is a queue number without knowing stock coming in.

That statement still holds. What you're missing is that a weekly update of your queue position has the number of stock+cancellations baked in and so is of some use.

Associate
"We have no updates re. EVGA stock landing i'm afraid, stock will be nominal when it does and we hope to get a shipment this side of Christmas."

@Gibbo can you confirm whether this is correct? Your competitors in the UK are already shipping EVGA cards this week, yet you have no information. However, your own website claims to be the in the best position to receive UK stock.

Really need yours or someone else's official input from OCUK on this, else it's outright misleading.

Where is this? I don't see it on their Twitter page. Or are you just mocking? :p

Associate

This thissity this.

Associate
Are Asus the only manufacturer that oc are dealing with? Seems to be the official seller of TUF with 0 information on anything else! Would love to know if the kfa2s are actually on route or if the shipment went to asia again as the last info we had was pretty inconclusive!

Associate
It's nice how Gibbo is all chatty and happy to be a part of the community when things are going well (including the tackiest promotional behaviour on the forum I can imagine). Can't accept that much flack or give us updates when things go bad though. He doesn't even have to engage, an update a day even if he's repeating himself wouldn't take him 5 minutes.

Guess he's reinforcing that fantastic relationship he has with OcUK suppliers.

I think it's pathetic it has fallen on the moderators to be honest.

Associate
Anyone on here had a Palit (Gaming Pro non-OC to be specific) card delivered from OcUK? Ive seen on twitter on people on here say that Palit have been shipping to UK. Also heard from people on here OcUK has sent out Palit more than others but Gibbo never seems to update us

Associate
no one, OcUk or otherwise is going to reveal exact quantities of stock they receive. To do so would be handing information directly to commercial rivals in relation to how big a partner they are considered.

No you can't have proof, but it's not an elitist lecture. Someone quoted the above regarding biggest NVIDIA partner, and then directly used it to bash availability of ASUS products.

I honestly give up - a quick look at one of the "competitor" forums suggest that their stock situation is far worse, and they haven't even offered queue position emails yet.

The grass isn't necessarily greener.

no one knows how many cards have been sold in the UK so far, or how the stock was distributed.

Also, not everyone who ordered a card/or has received a card posts on a forum to say so - A good quantity of cards shipped by OcUK may be to people who have not got, or have no interest in signing up to the forums.

By all means get the pitchforks out for OcUK, but if you do you need to get them out at every other UK supplier, board partners, and even NVIDIA.

All that means is OCUK is no where near as big as they try to make out as has been proven by very poor stock allocations compared to competitors. who have numerous card makes delivered and dispatched whereas OC has had what 3 makes and very small inconsistent deliveries.

Back
Top Bottom