• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Anyone on here had a Palit (Gaming Pro non-OC to be specific) card delivered from OcUK? Ive seen on twitter on people on here say that Palit have been shipping to UK. Also heard from people on here OcUK has sent out Palit more than others but Gibbo never seems to update us

There's been a good few Palit's shipped. They got some in last week but never announced it in the update thread.

Associate
yeah that's hella dodgy, there hasn't been a single shipment of non-OC TUF come in yet, but OCUK have claimed to have had 3-4 shipments of the OC variant.

Someone somewhere is lying.
I feel a bit off about the whole thing. 7th in line for the OC Strix and other companies have shipped theirs but we've seen nothing for it from OC? maybe they're on there way in, or i was simply 7th in line, after the first wave was shipped. either way its hard to know because anyone who'[s got their card is likely to celebrate, install and move on with their life, leaving us clueless hah.

Associate
It was in a direct message to me. See screenshot here:
https://ibb.co/WfQYzVr

Incredibly grim. I don't know how they can claim to be in the best position to get stock in the UK when they're clearly not. But what else do we do? No point cancelling unless you're 100th+ in the queue, really. Just something official from Gibbo regarding even the faintest bit of discussion they're having would be so reassuring.

Associate
All that means is OCUK is no where near as big as they try to make out as has been proven by very poor stock allocations compared to competitors. who have numerous card makes delivered and dispatched whereas OC has had what 3 makes and very small inconsistent deliveries.

Spot on. From what I've seen they'd be lucky to be in the top 3 biggest sellers.

Associate
So look at a competitors rtx 3080 numbers over the last few days and comparing there outstanding orders listed, they sent out 2 asus, 16 evga, 2 gigabyte and 2 msi over last 2 days

Associate
It's nice how Gibbo is all chatty and happy to be a part of the community when things are going well (including the tackiest promotional behaviour on the forum I can imagine). Can't accept that much flack or give us updates when things go bad though. He doesn't even have to engage, an update a day even if he's repeating himself wouldn't take him 5 minutes.

Guess he's reinforcing that fantastic relationship he has with OcUK suppliers.

I think it's pathetic it has fallen on the moderators to be honest.
This.

Associate
So if the Vision buyers are anything to go by, at least 11 have shipped without any sort of information on stock arriving. I'd say it gives me hope, but I find it incredibly disingenuous and deceptive to not be keeping literal thousands of people in the loop.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My mate says I'm mad.

He said "what if the OCUK goes to the wall next week" "You've lost all your cash" :eek::D:D:D
Got mine on credit card, I would be fine. I always use credit card for the extra protection/cashback and just pay it in full :D

I must be like the worst credit card customer, they keep paying me cashback all the time but never make any interest out of me :p

Associate
To be honest, it seems like most other retailers are having the same conversations on their own forums and Socials. I think the whole launch is botched and unfortunately its the retailers that are taking the brunt of an issue that stems back to Nvidia.
Unpopular opinion, i'm sure. it just seems like its the same everywhere to some degree.

Soldato
Got mine on credit card, I would be fine. I always use credit card for the extra protection/cashback and just pay it in full :D

I must be like the worst credit card customer, they keep paying me cashback all the time but never make any interest out of me :p

Pay Pal for me.

Have you gone up a position yet?

Associate
I've just had a look round the OcUK office in search of the missing 3080 cards and yes, aside from a bunch of liquid nitrogen canisters and a toy giraffe, it's empty shelves:
https://imgur.com/a/hcLc7qQ
hcLc7qQ

Back
Top Bottom