• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
Surely they would want to avoid the backlash? But then again this launch already happened...

How fast a product sold out doesn't really justify them needing to give any extra free copies away. If they sold all their allocation in 10 minutes or 10 days, they still only had a finite amount to give away. I mean, it would be nice if they did, but I can't really see them doing it. Could even be an agreement with Ubisoft that they can't alter, maybe Ubi said they could only had X amount to give away.

Associate
There is no contract between OCUK and this seller. The T&Cs explicitly state that there is no contract until an item is dispatched. OCUK are entitled to cancel this order unilaterally.

A lot of suppliers think that what is in their T'S &C'S Is gospel. it is not, they can write what they like but it is what's in the UK distance selling regulations which is law

Associate
I pre ordered the zotac holo. I am excited however i sold my 2080super and now have no gpu at all. Fml.

I’m 26th in the cue however zotac haven’t even released that card. I am hoping the chap at zotac was correct in saying 28th release. Has anyone else ordered this card?

Associate
Are people cancelling their pre-orders just on the principal of the matter? Surely it makes more sense to leave the pre-order in place then try to buy elsewhere, cancelling it only if you actually find one.

For me I'm binning the whole 3080 idea for now. Might try and nab a 3090 instead!

Associate
Are we supposed to be getting our new que position emails today?

Bet it's not even gone down at all. At this point i've decided to go for AMD the second they go live, regardless if the performance is slightly less as i built my first PC 3 months ago and i just need a GPU so i can use it.
I haven't even had a queue email full stop, I ordered on Saturday :(

Permabanned
How many cards OC UK have accept at one time. Surely they could not process 1000 even if they had too. There must be limited number of people working in goods in. And unlikely that whoever courier they use would collect 1000 cards for delivery. Lets be real here. Ps could OC UK just send Asus list of customers, pay for shipping and have Asus deliver these cards direct to.customer. would be nice, no?

Associate
I have to say the vast majority of people posting in this thread are fairly new to the forums and I guess as OCUK customers. There is a fairly large community that swears by OCUK.

However, you are quite correct in your assertion. Whilst generally no news is good news, at least people would be acknowledged and I think that is the issue here.

I am not looking forward to either big Navi or my preferred choice, the 3070 launch.

I don't swear by them at all. They have excellent post sale customer support when I've needed it, but I've never liked their sales and marketing side. The forum is also a massive plus, but it's the community that makes it, not the company. The only reason they maintain this forum is because of the business it brings in, don't see them as anything other than the business they are.

The total disinterest acknowledging people in here, even if it's ultimately nothing constructive with regards to updates should tell you everything.

Last edited:
Associate
I really think Overclockers need inform us of what the current situation is, especially the customers who have pre-ordered from them without any updates in the last 3 weeks.

Some queues are moving slowly, some not at all so it feels extremely weird having money tied up in a product without ANY sort of release date. For all we know those cards could take until the end of the year to arrive to OCUK or even longer.

Some of you might say 'Well they don't know either' but that simply isn't true. They will be communicating with their supplier and have estimated stock levels / dates. It's not like they are surprised every time a box of cards turns up at their door.

If I can get estimated delivery dates this morning from a company I'm not even buying from I think a little bit of OCUK transparency would go a long way.

Thanks,
A customer.

Associate
So i just bought a strix 2060 super as i sold my old rig to fund the new one and the only thing im waiting for is my strix 3080 oc. Around 50th in the que but i couldnt hold out any longer and bought another card. I will keep my que pos and forget about this 3080 disaster until i have email confirmation of shipping.

Associate
DLSS is another typical nvidia p

I don't swear by them at all. They have excellent post sale customer support when I've needed it, but I've never liked their sales and marketing side. The forum is also a massive plus, but it's the community that makes it, not the company. The only reason they maintain this forum is because of the business it brings in, don't see them as anything other than the business they are.

The total disinterest acknowledging people in here, even if it's ultimately nothing constructive with regards to updates should tell you everything.

They don't care. They've probably already way oversold this card beyond their expectations. They know that people can't get one anywhere else, so you either cancel or keep your order.

Soldato
True, T's&C's are trumped by UK consumer law.

Retailers terms and conditions walk hand-in-hand with UK law, and they are mostly a collection of your rights as a consumer, and stipulations which the seller is obliged to make and inform you of by law (such as when a contract between the seller and the buyer is binding)… but I mean we have people quoting the Distance Selling Regulations which hasn't been a thing for over 6 years, so I'd put my stock with what the terms and conditions state as being fact.

Maybe next week will have some better news for those of us still waiting for any shipment what so ever (EVGA, Strix, etc)
Hope so buddy, I'm in the Gigabyte Eagle pile myself, but I'm feeling for those people who sold their cards in advance at the moment especially... but hopefully we'll all hear some good news soon.

Associate
They don't care. They've probably already way oversold this card beyond their expectations. They know that people can't get one anywhere else, so you either cancel or keep your order.

Yeah I'm aware. Sitting on a pre order whilst you've got it cheaper makes sense. Sitting on the pre order until we get to see what AMD have also makes sense, as does looking elsewhere in the future.

Associate
Retailers terms and conditions walk hand-in-hand with UK law, and they are mostly a collection of your rights as a consumer, and stipulations which the seller is obliged to make and inform you of by law (such as when a contract between the seller and the buyer is binding)… but I mean we have people quoting the Distance Selling Regulations which hasn't been a thing for over 6 years, so I'd put my stock with what the terms and conditions state as being fact.

The law always trumps a company's T&Cs though. Just because I have a sign saying "We are not responsible for x on our property" doesn't mean it's actually true.

Mind you, having just glanced at OcUK's terms, I did find this one amusing:
2.2 The goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order the goods you have ordered are not available in stock, the Supplier will inform you as soon as possible and refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.

Back
Top Bottom