• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Heads up to all yall. Ran into two problems so far with the 3080 (Not so much the 3080). My previous 2080 and my monitor got along with G-Sync Enabled. Was not the case with the new 3080 I legit started an RMA process due to real actual artifacting occurring under load aswell as a black frame or what appeared to be here and there. Disabling Gsync fixed this card ran smoother than ever. Following that as recommended I have a 750 Watt Corsair 80Plus Psu... It was about 4 months old. My system wouldn't always reboot but when it did it was right at the beginning of a large delta between low utilization and high. I've since replaced my PSU with a higher power one. To be specific the 850x corsair. The system now runs reliably smooth. I am reading around on various forums that the 750 watt recommendation might be a bit short in certain situations. Other than that. The card lives up to all of its promises. When your stock arrives I wish yall the best of luck.

Was you daisy chaining or two individual 8 pins from the PSU?

Associate
Got off the phone with the ASUS distributors for the UK (Ingram Micro & Vip-Computers) and decided to cancel my 3080 Strix OC order as a result. Let's just say a certain other big UK retailer has priority when it comes to stock.

Associate
Got off the phone with the ASUS distributors for the UK (Ingram Micro & Vip-Computers) and decided to cancel my 3080 Strix OC order as a result. Let's just say a certain other big UK retailer has priority when it comes to stock.
oh god, that doesn't sound good! what place in the queue were you? did they give you any expectations?

Associate
I ordered 14:34 launch day, GigaByte 3080 Eagle OC, Was there from 2pm but took 30 minutes for the website to load without breaking, I'd been hoping since I got to the checkout page as fast as I could, i'd got somewhere near the front, but I've not received a single update since the original out of stock notice I got after launch day. I'm gonna email the support to see if I can get even a hint, but from the looks of this thread I don't have high hopes. Anyone that ordered early on launch day had an update on que positions? Cheers

Associate
That’s pretty sad to hear, considering I’m 98th in queue for the Strix non oc I might be joining you in cancellation. As patient as I can be, with the potential 20GB models in December and the fact I might not receive mine till April at this point makes me wonder if I’m better of just trying elsewhere

Associate
oh god, that doesn't sound good! what place in the queue were you? did they give you any expectations?

I was 355. The certain competitor has received at least a hundred odd strix cards as my mate who ordered from them (way after I ordered from Overclockers) was 120 in their queue and just got a shipping confirmation. I'm never using Overclockers again for anything, all you had to do was tell us you had a stocking problem and it would take a bit longer than it should and I would have kept my preorder.

750w is fine. Max I have pulled is 550w at the wall when I OCed the card a bit (FE 3080, 3700x, AIO, Fans, SSD, 1xHDD). What is probably more relevant is the quality of the supply to the two 8pin gpu power sockets.

If you have a hungry CPU and one of the OC cards and Overclock things then yea you will need a beefy PSU.
On the other hand if you undervolt then you get a lot less power, heat and noise for little (if any) performance loss. This could be a way to live with a lower PSU until you upgrade.

I just ran the superposition benchmark and took some readings with a meter on the wall socket and HWinfo64 for the max GPU power.
  • Stock Wall:473w GPU:318w
  • OC Wall:525w GPU:362w
  • UV Wall:360w GPU:222w
The OC was all the power and voltage sliders up, +50 core clock and +500memory.
The undervolt is 806/1800 with +500mem clock. This is what I normally run now.

Oh and I have an Corsair RMx 850 so plenty of headroom for my setup.

To be clear I've been in the PC repair profession for years, PSU is good. Still is good. I was also able to game for extended periods of time without issue. The problem was when the gpu was going from fully idle to fully utilized. The Millisecond jump in power I think amperage wise might be too much for some rated 750 watt PSUs. For instance I could run MSFS 2020 completely maxed for hours without issue. But Loading into doom eternal at 4K ultra nightmare would on some occasions reboot the system. Arguably msfs 2020 is harder on the GPU on an average basis. Doom being the well optimized application that it is going from 0 to 100 pulled the plug. Same can be said for Control. I was able to run control for hours at 4K maxed. Same with Minecraft RTX and Quake RTX. Same with Death Stranding, Detroit become Human etc. Furmark was fine never crashed my system. But Doom Eternal. Depending on the instance would... By all standards my 750 Watt PSU should have done the job and did 99% of the time. However it's that 1% that crashed my system.

Associate

Yeah I noticed another company has already shipped EVGA cards on two separate dates. Haven't even seen a mention of them here. They've also shipped PNY, another I haven't seen anything about here. They're also giving current outstanding pre-order numbers. Amazing the way one place can be so upfront about it and the other is all cloaks and daggers.

Associate
I was 355. The certain competitor has received at least a hundred odd strix cards as my mate who ordered from them (way after I ordered from Overclockers) was 120 in their queue and just got a shipping confirmation. I'm never using Overclockers again for anything, all you had to do was tell us you had a stocking problem and it would take a bit longer than it should and I would have kept my preorder.
honestly a little disgusted by that, with the pure lies we've been fed from OC..... guess they really are just trying to use having so many pre-orders as buying power when in reality they have none!

Soldato
The law always trumps a company's T&Cs though. Just because I have a sign saying "We are not responsible for x on our property" doesn't mean it's actually true.
They law doesn't need to trump a retailers terms and conditions, because it's against the law to diminish the statutory rights of a consumer through them. If Overclockers were doing that, which they aren't, they'd get done for it - they can't just write whatever they want without repercussion :p

I ordered 14:34 launch day, GigaByte 3080 Eagle OC, Was there from 2pm but took 30 minutes for the website to load without breaking, I'd been hoping since I got to the checkout page as fast as I could, i'd got somewhere near the front, but I've not received a single update since the original out of stock notice I got after launch day. I'm gonna email the support to see if I can get even a hint, but from the looks of this thread I don't have high hopes. Anyone that ordered early on launch day had an update on que positions? Cheers
I'd get in touch with support mate, as they can provide you with a proper queue number, but going from your order time, and also the user-submitted data found here with other people's orders times and queue positions, I'd say you are around position 65 to 72 or so.

If you mean you've not had any further updates since that original position, then I think that's right as myself included hasn't received any further queue updates (I've ordered the same card) and I've seen a few others stating the same that have also ordered the Eagle.

Associate
I agree with what you're saying and I have heard similar things about the Eagle as well. Overclockers like will lose me as a customer after this. The only reason I am keeping it is because I am a low queue position.

Associate
[QUOTE="Bariseray,?[/QUOTE]

WHO? if your cancelling just name - being told OCUK is the biggest and first for supply why are we waiting and could explain why there is fk all update on the stock chances.

Associate
As much as I’d love to stay loyal to OC, the stock coming in seems far too trickled for anyone above 50 in most queues to get a card before January. Kind of annoying, just putting feelers out, how many cancellations are gonna happen in the coming week do we reckon?

Associate
They don't care. They've probably already way oversold this card beyond their expectations. They know that people can't get one anywhere else, so you either cancel or keep your order.
There are not many companies around that literally do not care about their customers. I think OCUK have been left in a difficult situation due to nvidia.

Associate
Had some time this afternoon, so I've updated my queue data spreadsheet!

As a reminder, if you have a queue number it'd be great if you could submit your info to the form at this link! And do so again whenever you get an update email. While it doesn't give us much more info than reading this topic back to front does, who really wants to do that (apart for me)?

You can see the results here.

So, new features:
  • I've added a "Recent Shipments" tab. Plan is to keep an eye on people getting dispatch emails and queue updates and provide a nice easy refrence for roughly what has shipped since the queue system was launched.
  • Used some lookups and filtering to split different queue updates by column, and merge entries from the same forum users, to give a better idea of how the queue is moving.

Associate
There are not many companies around that literally do not care about their customers. I think OCUK have been left in a difficult situation due to nvidia.

I've got a higher chance of waiting 2 months and getting to actually buy a card from this certain competitor as they are actually fulfilling pre orders and not taking any more compared to waiting for OcUK to ship my 355 queue number card.

Back
Top Bottom