• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Yet there’s a main competitor who haven’t even got a queue system. Don’t see many people saying well done oc at least you have a queue system in place.

I've more or less said this myself. There's a lot of people very angry because the truth is that things are going to take months to get going and that wait is painful. But the anger translates to a lot of really bad reasoning. Some are even calling for ending pre order queues, and to me that's just dumb. If your primary goal is to get the hardware into your hands as fast as possible then you want a guaranteed place in a queue, it sucks that could be months before delivery but it sucks LESS than simply waiting for general availability of stock and then playing a lottery with them which will be significantly longer wait. Even if it was just a few of us that thought it was a good idea then at least we have a business that can provide that service which I'm personally grateful for.

This could have been handled better in numerous ways, but none of those things would get you the card any faster, all it would have been doing is managing your expectations. The anger mostly comes from the violation of expectations. It's a really helpful skill to learn in life, to be really cautious how you set up your own expectations so that they're unlikely to be violated. We knew there was supply problems early on so really getting an idea in your head of when you'd get your card was a risky ol' game. I kept an open mind and when I got my queue position I wasn't too bothered.

Associate
I just called up and apparently they forgot to send updates out for Gigabyte Gaming OC as well as x-Trio card. I dropped from 67 to 58 in the queue. I asked the kind gentleman to ask the team to resend queue update emails and he said he'd do that so fingers crossed.

Thats so weak. I appreciate they have a business to run but if youre going to set a system up at least follow through with it.

Associate
Same, have been buying everything for a brand new build elsewhere because of this.

Although, where did you manage to pre-order a 5900x? Have seen placeholder pages, but nothing that lets me preorder. Resigned myself to being ready to hit F5 on various sites on the 5th. :D
Not yet I said "will be pre ordering the 5900x" soon as avaible.

Associate
I've more or less said this myself. There's a lot of people very angry because the truth is that things are going to take months to get going and that wait is painful. But the anger translates to a lot of really bad reasoning. Some are even calling for ending pre order queues, and to me that's just dumb. If your primary goal is to get the hardware into your hands as fast as possible then you want a guaranteed place in a queue, it sucks that could be months before delivery but it sucks LESS than simply waiting for general availability of stock and then playing a lottery with them which will be significantly longer wait. Even if it was just a few of us that thought it was a good idea then at least we have a business that can provide that service which I'm personally grateful for.

This could have been handled better in numerous ways, but none of those things would get you the card any faster, all it would have been doing is managing your expectations. The anger mostly comes from the violation of expectations. It's a really helpful skill to learn in life, to be really cautious how you set up your own expectations so that they're unlikely to be violated. We knew there was supply problems early on so really getting an idea in your head of when you'd get your card was a risky ol' game. I kept an open mind and when I got my queue position I wasn't too bothered.

Sandra is that you?

Associate
I just called up and apparently they forgot to send updates out for Gigabyte Gaming OC as well as x-Trio card. I dropped from 67 to 58 in the queue. I asked the kind gentleman to ask the team to resend queue update emails and he said he'd do that so fingers crossed.
What queue are you in my dude? The MSI or Gigabyte one?

Associate

I agree with this. Expectations are the problem. However some expectations were set due to misleading info on the OCUK website. For example showing cards as being in stock or due to be in stock on nearby dates. They learnt from their mistake and for 3090s listed everything as pre-order.

Also the OCUK website states that they have access to more stock than anyone else, but other companies appear to have shipped some cards that OCUK have shipped none of. It may be true for some brands that they have access to more, and it may be that a huge load of cards is on its way by boat that exceed what others will be offering. However, currently people are making comparisons on what is currently shipping.

As for me, I am OK with waiting for the card. But I do feel that OCUK could have handled expectations better, and could have dealt with complaints on trustpilot better. Copy and pasted responses to all complaints there.

Associate
I disagree. They update every day with detailed information. Same time everyday. And when the cards haven't come in or delayed they update that too. You can only trust what they are saying as much as any retailer. But fact of the matter is. They are given written detailed info everyday. And they have chart tables etc. And I'm saying as a customer if I was to have purchased from this place I wouldn't be as concerned everyday about it as I am here. I would just check once everyday at the time they update everything and that's it. Where as here I'm having to check all the time.
I'm just saying. This is from my perspective, and I wouldn't be any where near as concerned if that's what OCUK did. And it's clear from trustpilot and these forums that this way is hurting OCUK brand. None of the other places have got terrible communication reviews like this place has since 3000 release.

It's way more speculative however, they give date ranges and not specific dates, they don't give an idea on stock and it's constantly changing, delays in shipments are added into to again vague future dates and then even those dates are wrong and it's brought forward, for the most part right now there's little in the way of future prediction either, most of it is still TBC. I think the way the info is released here is probably worse, digging through forums for the data is a pain for most people, but it's generally speaking more accurate but that's because it's only given out once it has been confirmed. Most of the rest of the vaugeness about things like numbers comes from NDA with Nvidia where they want to hide the quantities shipping and trusted stores can be denied stock if they break it.

The difference being the amount of customers actually getting their cards. Whats in these "vague" tables appears to align with what customers are saying. You only have to spend 5 mins on reddit etc to see how few have cards from OC

Well actually I've tracked the queue movement not just of myself but others through the collective spreadsheet that has been done to try and work out some metrics and I'm also taking the queue lengths from the other place and comparing them and it doesn't look like actual shipped numbers differ between them all that much. And queue lengths can vary quite a lot just due to cancellations, some people giving anecdotal information on their position in the queue (especially those near the back of the queue) are reporting large leaps in position but when you do the math it's more to do with cancellations ahead of them than amount that has shipped. So I'd take what you read on reddit with a pinch of salt. Unless they're also tracking queues like members of this forum have been https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nqzTL2tEIl5FLQqZLdTeJ2iLAOBR-yVURCgbsTn5LSU/ then anecdotes are going to be unreliable.

Back
Top Bottom