• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
To me its the promises that have been broken. I feel conned tbh. I expected a wait and i had my eye on a card but OC by putting ETAs on certain products gave me a false expectation and made me choose a different card. Had i chosen the card id originally wanted its entirely possible it could have been in this PC now. The promise that OC are in the better position to procure stock which seems to be disproved daily atm.

There's a stock shortage yes, but other competitors, to me, are handling this much, much better.

I see your point when it comes to pre-orders. I think the horse has bolted on that one. They should have closed off the orders when it became unrealistic that they were going to be able to supply what they promised. Other retailers have done this. By keeping pre-orders open OC appear greedy and to not care when/if they can supply a product within a reasonable timeframe. There's not even a mention of it on the status page. There is now queues into the 1000s and i dont think that is acceptable. Some people ordering today and using finance wont have any idea of the wait and will be stuck waiting. I think trapping customers like this is wrong. Maybe thats just me?

I'd be careful framing this as a promise, again this is just an expectations thing. The reason I brought that up actually was really just to push a point that you'll avoid unnecessary anger in life if you learn to be careful about setting expectations for things when the outcome is kinda vague or uncertain, you'll always have a negative reaction when your expectations are violated, we're wired up as humans to suffer that. But what you can control is setting your own expectations carefully to begin with, learning this as a habit for me was the relief of a lot of anger once I realized why some things would make me mad. The reason I thought it made a lot of sense in this scenario is that really there's no difference in outcome that's the source of complaint here, it's not like people are using queue information to switch to another retailer or whatever, it's not causing cards to be delivered any faster, all the other facts of the circumstance remain the same except in outcome A you're mad as hell and outcome B you're not, the wait is the same. If you can avoid being mad then that's a good thing.

And yea I agree the ETA stuff sucks, I saw a 2 day ETA on my Ventus when I ordered but I knew back then, I was like, I know full well there's supply problems, that ETA is like super hopeful at best and using what I said above, I just went in with no assumptions about when it arrives, and then when I saw my queue position, i was like OK cool, it is what it is.

On the pre-ordering, I think this is also a big nothing burger. people feel burned on the lead time, they've cancelled their order in anger and I can't help but feel this is almost like a "if I have to wait then everyone should" kinda mentality. Personally I'm happy to pay up front to get in a queue, because getting in a queue and staying in it and staying patient is the fastest way I can possibly get my hands on a card. Waiting for general availability would be an even longer wait as queues are honored first. My priority is simply get the card as fast as possible so to me the ability to queue is a good service. If at any time circumstances change you can always cancel.

Using large pre-order queues to secure stock is just something that will take time, the logistics of manufacturing cards, allocating stock to suppliers and distributors is not something that changes overnight. I think that just remains to be seen right now, at the very least it can't hurt, if you want to take the gamble of say waiting on a competitor to clear their queue and get into the lottery of purchasing from the site then all I can say is good luck, not a risk I'd take.

With the finance stuff, I dunno, that sounds like a risk to me. I think that's people trapping themselves, finance for luxury items (items that wont have any ROI) is generally a bad idea anyway but that's a whole other debate.

Associate
:) i'm not saying there isn't an NDA either. Two internet fella arguing the same thing. I just find it galling that "they" have taken my money!
When i ordered the ETA was the 18th for the xtrio. There was also 10 zontacs that popped up and i ignored those as wanted the MSI card instead, maybe that was a mistake, or maybe there was no 10 zontac lol

Associate
:) i'm not saying there isn't an NDA either. Two internet fella arguing the same thing. I just find it galling that "they" have taken my money!
Tell you what Chris, it seems that internet shopping is far too stressful and taxing for you, why not wait until a high street shop has stock, and then you can walk in and check that the thing they've handed to you isn't a brick in a box, right there and then!

I have a neighbour like you. He loses out on all the best deals for gas and electric because he's absolutely terrified they are holding onto his money before a bill is generated and they might earn a few pence of interest from him. He knows he's losing tens of pounds, but he's so stubborn and stuck in his mindset that he is incapable of changing. He's nearly 80 years old, what's your excuse?

Associate
Ordered a Strix non OC on launch day and got placed in the queue

I've gone from #150 in the queue to #144 but no word of shipments for non OC cards. Must be people giving up on waiting.

the lack of clear, concise numbers of how many are coming in and when is what's making me mad.

the clearest update about cards was for the 30 msi trios a while back. the rest of the posts consist of "Small" or "ok" orders which makes me think they're getting less than 30 cards a shipment in which is frankly quite embarrassing for a company of this scale really.

Associate
What does Nvidia actually provide to OC though, the NDA's would have to be with each individual manufacturer who provide the items.

Unless its required for the board links on the Nvidia site.

I would argue however that if this NDA was in place, that the queue updates would be on the borderline of breaching said NDA.

Associate
You also assume that they're honouring the graphics card purchases before any pre-builds. Can't assume that x cards in today equals x cards lower on the waiting list.

Associate
What the actual ****. None in for over 2 weeks and now less than 10? Getting so ******* ****** off. Im 15 in the queue ffs

Average Amount of cards every two weeks if the queue length is about Dream Amount. It would take around about a Very Small Amount of years for the queue to end :D

Associate
What does Nvidia actually provide to OC though, the NDA's would have to be with each individual manufacturer who provide the items.

Unless its required for the board links on the Nvidia site.

I would argue however that if this NDA was in place, that the queue updates would be on the borderline of breaching said NDA.
Mate, an NDA contains clauses explaining what you can and cant do. Providing mediocre vague updates can be one of those clauses. No supplier is going to shoot themselves in the foot and breach those agreements at a risk of not being able to offer future NVidia products.

Associate
It's actually laughable and quite shocking at the same time all this "small" amount "ok" amount terms, I mean what the actual hell do we have to comprehend the level of these terms, no wonder people are taking the mickey out of it so damn much, what happened to good old fashoined NUMBERS!!!!! even if it was an estimate for god sake, at least people can put a estimate of a number into some sort of prediction, whereas these "ok" and "small amount" terms are just outright laughable.

I'll give you an example.

Tomorrow we will be receiving close or near to 100 XX Cards
Today we shipped out close or near to 34 xx Cards

How much better would this be.

Associate
While you're over there check the competitor. I won't say which one for obvious reasons but just the main one that you'd probably think of first.

It's night and day. The difference a little graph with info makes...
Yeah I did just that, I was going to try and be clever with words but I don't want the wrath of the typed text taliban to get me. The card I ordered (Zotac) has arrived in other places today but not here. Ah well another day, another disappointment.

Associate
It's actually laughable and quite shocking at the same time all this "small" amount "ok" amount terms, I mean what the actual hell do we have to comprehend the level of these terms, no wonder people are taking the mickey out of it so damn much, what happened to good old fashoined NUMBERS!!!!! even if it was an estimate for god sake, at least people can put a estimate of a number into some sort of prediction, whereas these "ok" and "small amount" terms are just outright laughable.

The question we all need answering, is ok amount bigger or smaller than a small amount lol

Permabanned
My order has shipped for MSI Trio OC I was 12th in the queue...Good Luck Guys and I hope you get yours soon enough fingers crossed... Waited one month that's not too bad... Love to all x

Back
Top Bottom