• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
speaking with DPD, DHL and Royal Mail all saying they seeing record levels of parcels being ordered from online companies and that Black Friday and Christmas ordering boom has come easy and seems to grow each day.

Who buys Black Friday goods a month before the discounts on Black Friday (27th November - granted, prob a day or two earlier than that).

Associate
Just had my queue update for the EVGA FTW3 Ultra:

Thank you for your pre-order for the EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card on order 5862xxx.

You are currently in queue position 14. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.

This is down from 17 last week at 18 at first queue check.

Associate
Queue update on EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Gaming.

Last week: 27th
Today: 25th

More cancellations I imagine, but hoping Gibbo's update about a small amount of most cards includes EVGA and this moves faster soon

Associate
So, I managed to snag myself two 3070’s yesterday. I’m not looking to profit from the resale of one so before I send it back to the retailer I wanted to run something past the forum to see if (a) it’s allowed and (b) it’s something that may be of interest.

Bit of backstory. Last year I trained to take part in a charity boxing match but in the week before I was due to fight I got concusses in a sparring match and couldn’t take part. This year I was due to do the event again but COVID got in the way. The charity is one I strongly support - they raise money for the Premature Birth unit at St Mary’s Hospital in Manchester. This year has been tougher than ever for them as they rely heavily on the charity work for new equipment, etc.

My question is this. If I were to set up a raffle, say at £2 a tickets, with the profits going to the charity, would people support this? And also @Gibbo would this actually be allowed, since it effectively reduces your customer number by one.

I’d look to make £1000 for the charity, so 750 tickets or thereabouts. £2 for a 1/750 chance to get a card sounds good right?

Anyway, let me know what you think. For more information on the charity and why we choose to support it here’s a link - https://youtu.be/82eGXJiFREA

Word of warning, you may find your eyes leaking at this vid. I’m sure you’re making lasagne or something.

Associate
So, I managed to snag myself two 3070’s yesterday. I’m not looking to profit from the resale of one so before I send it back to the retailer I wanted to run something past the forum to see if (a) it’s allowed and (b) it’s something that may be of interest.

Bit of backstory. Last year I trained to take part in a charity boxing match but in the week before I was due to fight I got concusses in a sparring match and couldn’t take part. This year I was due to do the event again but COVID got in the way. The charity is one I strongly support - they raise money for the Premature Birth unit at St Mary’s Hospital in Manchester. This year has been tougher than ever for them as they rely heavily on the charity work for new equipment, etc.

My question is this. If I were to set up a raffle, say at £2 a tickets, with the profits going to the charity, would people support this? And also @Gibbo would this actually be allowed, since it effectively reduces your customer number by one.

I’d look to make £1000 for the charity, so 750 tickets or thereabouts. £2 for a 1/750 chance to get a card sounds good right?

Anyway, let me know what you think. For more information on the charity and why we choose to support it here’s a link - https://youtu.be/82eGXJiFREA

Word of warning, you may find your eyes leaking at this vid. I’m sure you’re making lasagne or something.

I'd buy a ticket (if it was approved).

Associate
I'm now 188 in the queue for a non-OC TUF, finally past the 200 mark after more than a month. Ugh.

On a random note, I've heard that the new free game promo with the 30xx series cards is CoD: Cold War...

Associate
"Thank you for your pre-order for the Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card on order 586xxx.

You are currently in queue position 18. Please keep checking your emails.."

Third week running at being 18th in the queue. Not one single card In over 3 weeks..

Associate

Id buy a ticket, throw in some extra cash for the charity too tbh :)

Associate

I'd buy a ticket (if it was approved).

If allowed I would buy a ticket for sure : )

Back
Top Bottom