• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I thinking about jumping to Big Navi. Gunna wait to see real world tests first tho.
Even if will be few precent slower is worth it anyway
1st almost same performerance
2nd cheaper
3rd more memory 10/16gb
4th hardware raytracing no software
5th and most important probably will be available not like all this 3000series mistake

Associate
FWIW, I'm in exactly the same boat as you, play at 1440p and have decided that the 3070 ROG Strix OC (From the same place as the one you've seen I'm sure!) will be more than enough. I'm pretty sure I will CPU bottleneck it anyway until I upgrade, so a 3080 will be overkill for me.
tbh 3080 will be overkill for most. The later launch date of the 3070 is what made me take the 3080 path originally and now that ideas kind of stuck with me realising the 3080 or even 3090 would actually be advantageous in the work i do. For games alone (unless youre 4k ultra settings mad) i'm sure the 3070 will be perfect for a lot of people ;)

If you're not pre-ordered now there is zero chance of getting a card this year
only if you're talking about ordering with ocuk. look elsewhere and you will have one before december im sure :)

Associate
Even if will be few precent slower is worth it anyway
1st almost same performerance
2nd cheaper
3rd more memory 10/16gb
4th hardware raytracing no software
5th and most important probably will be available not like all this 3000series mistake
you forgot the important difference and the one that matters to me personally. Thats drivers. I've never had good experience with amd gpu drivers (i love their cpus though). For something i plan to use for work i cant afford the issues i've had in the past with them. Nvidia drivers are normally on point and any issues are fixed quickly.

Associate
Isn't there another thread for amd fanboys?
lol. not when they're looking for reassurances that the jump is the best choice ;)

personally i think even at a premium nvidia still offer the best package. Be nice to be proven wrong though and give nvidia something to think about. I wouldn't say most in here are nvidia fanboys. Everybody just wants the gpu they paid for well over a month ago. The fact they're looking elsewhere to get something quicker isnt surprising and a jump to amd for people that have only known nvidia and gsync can be daunting :p

Associate
I thinking about jumping to Big Navi. Gunna wait to see real world tests first tho.

Just out of interest who far down the queue are you? Im at 1110 as of last email (Wednesday)
Makes no difference how far you are in the queue if nothing is happening. I’m 23, it’s taken 6 weeks to move 1 place because of a cancellation. It’s beyond a joke.

Associate
Honestly from what I saw on Discord before I left and what I've seen from others since, they do want us to cancel. So I'd say there's a good possibility of truth to this.

Have you joined the nvidia discord now? I'm not making that mistake again...

The more I think about it - the more I think this is what is happening. They want us to cancel the cards that they were forced to sell (probably at a loss) at the original, lower price.

Back
Top Bottom