• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Have not moved queue place in 2 weeks 3 to 3, for a PNY, if not received this week, I'm cancelling and trying my luck with 3080FE or a 3070FE, was told they be here by end of last week but heard nothing, the communication is crap here, unlike other sites

Permabanned
I thinking about jumping to Big Navi. Gunna wait to see real world tests first tho.

Just out of interest who far down the queue are you? Im at 1110 as of last email (Wednesday)
its like everyone jumping on cards that dont exist yet from cards that dont exist :D
LIKE WTFpeople thinkign they will be able to get AMD cards when AMD AND NV buyers are after them ?? LOL
@cyberkan would ya put money down that AMD will have stock ???

Soldato
Folks... those waiting for the next Trio Xs, has anyone got an update?

OCUK informed me that only 20 were about to arrive at their warehouse. Has anyone received theirs yet?

Sorry to say that the goalposts seem to be moving again since this was originally supposed to be a "large" shipment. I.e. +75 units.

(Just for reference I am 51st in the queue).

Associate
Even if will be few precent slower is worth it anyway
1st almost same performerance
2nd cheaper
3rd more memory 10/16gb
4th hardware raytracing no software
5th and most important probably will be available not like all this 3000series mistake

1.wait for benchmarks real ones

2. Only by 50 not a lot and wait till u see what retailers do.

3. Gddr6x vs gddr6 not the same ram ggr6x way faster tho...

4.your just stupid nvidea has hardware...

5. Yea don't hold your breath....

Associate
It's also 7nm and lower power consumption

yes you are right

that’s mean

1st almost same performerance
2nd cheaper
3rd more memory 10/16gb
4th hardware raytracing no software
5th and most important probably will be available not like all this 3000series mistake
6th lower power consumption
7th not required 3x PCIe connector for some cards

too many points agains nvidia they done this rush because they know all this and will kick them in the ass and now we end up without cards and they blame pandemic etc but isn’t that that was rush to not lose people because if they will announce card after amd no that many people will be happy to buy them card
Ok I am out I will preorder AMD RX 6800 xt on release date then is high chance to get that before Christmas not waiting for bu.....t which is even not available at all card from amd is cheaper and similar speed that’s mean green muppets lost
i cancel my strix oc

It's also 7nm and lower power consumption

Associate
AMDs benchmarks are skewed against the FE versions of the 3080 and 3090. Means nothing until we see actual performance from real world testing. Also testing not involving Zen 3 hardware etc.

In all likelihood the 6800XT may underperform versus the 3080 depending on the hardware used. Who knows at this point.

Associate
AMDs benchmarks are skewed against the FE versions of the 3080 and 3090. Means nothing until we see actual performance from real world testing. Also testing not involving Zen 3 hardware etc.

In all likelihood the 6800XT may underperform versus the 3080 depending on the hardware used. Who knows at this point.

Underperform? It wasn't even supposed to be competitive.

I think team red's cards are way above expectations so far

Associate
Time to say good bye to the stress of this thread. A competitor listed some cards for pre order on the 30th of October with an estimated delivery date of the 20th Nov. Well I dunno where they got their estimates from cause I got a shipping notice today for delivery tomorrow. So, so long everyone and good luck in your 3080 hunting

Associate
Folks... those waiting for the next Trio Xs, has anyone got an update?

OCUK informed me that only 20 were about to arrive at their warehouse. Has anyone received theirs yet?

Sorry to say that the goalposts seem to be moving again since this was originally supposed to be a "large" shipment. I.e. +75 units.

(Just for reference I am 51st in the queue).
Now this is interesting. I ordered mine from a competitor who said I'll be receiving my card Friday just gone (position number 61 in the queue) as they were expecting a large shipment this week. Friday came and I heard absoloutely zero and still haven't heard a thing. Starting to wonder if this "large shipment" has become a small shipment

Associate
The more I think about it - the more I think this is what is happening. They want us to cancel the cards that they were forced to sell (probably at a loss) at the original, lower price.

Mate If you let it torture you, you can think of all sorts of conspiracy theories, I think it is clear that OC can't give you what they haven't got, they are just not being delivered to them, But so much for stay here we have a special relationship, what a load of b***cks that is

Associate
Now this is interesting. I ordered mine from a competitor who said I'll be receiving my card Friday just gone (position number 61 in the queue) as they were expecting a large shipment this week. Friday came and I heard absoloutely zero and still haven't heard a thing. Starting to wonder if this "large shipment" has become a small shipment

Somebody on here said last week that Apple have taken all the Airline deliveries

Associate
Seriously, what kind of company doesn’t know what stock they are getting? I assume they pay their suppliers for the cards, so they will know how many they have paid for and how many are being shipped. They aren’t going to order 100 and then not be at all surprised when only 20 show up.

Soldato
Seriously, what kind of company doesn’t know what stock they are getting? I assume they pay their suppliers for the cards, so they will know how many they have paid for and how many are being shipped. They aren’t going to order 100 and then not be at all surprised when only 20 show up.
We may never know, there is something weird going on. And I for one am done, when they let go of my balls and I get my card, I'm never coming back here or to the shop

Back
Top Bottom