• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I totally agree with that. If they came to this thread before ordering and still went ahead then on their head be it! I was just saying, as you mentioned, OCUK should be making this situation much more public BEFORE people make a purchase and end up in this nightmare :D... The people that fall into the trap really can't be blamed.

Exactly, it has been mentioned before that it should show on the sales page for each card how big the queue currently is for that card.
Customers deserve all the info before parting with wads of cash. Should be Customer Service Priority but we know what they are like in that department.

Associate
This was my original mindset too but after snagging an Aorus Master elsewhere, I can't bring myself to rip the cooler off it for watercooling - just seems dumb to put like £150 worth of cooler in a box lol. I've got feelers out to trade it for a card I'd actually want but failing that a friend's buying it off me when I get my TUF (or another card that's more suitable to me. Honeslty I'm hoping to grab a TUF OC, some kind of MSI or a Founders elsewhere now that I know the tuf non-OC are generally worse bins, but I'll take my tuf if it ever ships)
Would you be interested in a zotac oc and some cash? :)

Associate
:D I thought exactly the same thing when I got my ping...sure it's great for those with white builds, but I couldn't bring myself to put a white card into a dark case, even if they're rarer than rocking horse **** at the moment :D
100% would look pants in a dark build

Also i set myself a target of £750 and wont pay a penny more
The only way id pull my pre order frome clockers is for a founders at MRSP

Associate
100% would look pants in a dark build

Also i set myself a target of £750 and wont pay a penny more
The only way id pull my pre order frome clockers is for a founders at MRSP
For some people the waiting is torture. They'd much rather pay slightly more to save having to check for non existant updates daily or multiple times daily :)

Well, the Strix OC was around £880 from OCUK, 3 hours after release... so I'm pretty happy tbh to get something much cheaper at (probably) the same spec
Fair play to you. At least you should have your card by the end of nov. I can't see prices dropping anytime soon so fairly easy to sell on i should imagine if another card you prefer comes along :p

Associate
The ones at the other place for £799 lasted over half an hour, many had in baskets so you had to wait as auto system tied again.
One guy went in late half an hour after they dropped, got auto retry, got one in basket after 30 secs or so and checked out fine.
i tried from within a couple of minutes of it going up and didnt manager to get one

Associate
i tried from within a couple of minutes of it going up and didnt manager to get one
there were 2 discord groups i got notified from. One was instant and loads left. the other group notified like 10 mins later by which time they were all taken.

Its annoying that they're taken out of stock when added to basket as loads of people add to basket whilst they decide if they actually want it lol. Yep its the fairest way and stops them overselling but still annoying. As has been said though, the basket times out eventually so if you're lucky you will get 1 of the ones thats released back.

Associate
Like i get most of us are British and therefore love a good old queue but this is getting ridiculous, barely get any news, the little news we do get is always so vague and now it seems some of the news are just straight lies.

No.7 in line for a Inno x3 btw.

Associate
Like i get most of us are British and therefore love a good old queue but this is getting ridiculous, barely get any news, the little news we do get is always so vague and now it seems some of the news are just straight lies.

loads on other european sites that deliver here over the last few days. I'm sure more than what you paid but at least you know you will get something soon from elsewhere as most only put them up when they know they have the stock to fill orders soon :)

It’s a PR disaster!
is it though? nvidia will likely not see any loss in sales. meanwhile their cards are holding and in a lot of cases increasing their value. Some might even call it genius on nvidias side.

If you're currently waiting for a card then you will dissagree lol but you probably still want the card and the package nvidia provides. Most will convince themselves to pay more and get a card quicker.

Once you have a card you will forget about this farce and continue on happily. imho OC shoulder most of the blame on the issues faced here and not nvidia. Competitors are handling the stock shortage so much better and they have the same constraints. dont forget OC is in the best position so others must be battling with worse supply yet they are keeping their customers happy :)

Last edited:
Associate

OCUK hasn't received a single X3 or X4 iChill card. Inno appear to have lied about a shipment back on the 12th of October which has failed to even leave Innos HK HQ, worse than that though is the fact that they have supplied cards in the German owners Caseking, and it appears likely that Ino have no intention of supplying any stock to the UK this year.

Associate
When you wish upon a star (for an MSI Update)
Makes no difference who you are (except for pre-build customers)

Anything your heart desires (an MSI Update)
Will come to you (except for a nvidia 3080 GPU)

Good night folks, we’re here all week. Don’t forget to tip your ‘wait’er’

Back
Top Bottom