• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I have to agree with you, the information hasn't added up and no explanation given. Add to your list card shipments being told they arrived and no one received them, evidenced by queue positions staying the same.
Funnily enough, while you were replying, I edited my post to include just that.

If you believe OC's version of what is going on, you may be interested in purchasing a beach-front mansion down the road from me in Coventry that I am currently trying to sell. Only 275K, any takers?

Associate
Just got an email saying my Inno3D Twin X2 OC 3080 has been shipped along with my watchdog codes! I am a very happy young man!

Im not sure what happened, they said they recieved 20pcs, they shipped them, now all of a sudden i went from 10 in queue on friday , to shipped today!

VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!
Nice bud! I'm still in queue (33)... let us know how it performs (if you can be bothered!)

Associate
Are they stuffing cards in their pre builds and selling them superceding the queue system?

It is easy to see something doesn't add up on many levels. It's obvious more cards have come in than have gone out to these queues. However what is happening with the cards is hard to say. Whether they are going into prebuilds, offered to 3rd parties/scalpers to sell on their behalf, being held back until X amount of people who bought at lower prices cancel or some other reason. Personally I am not one to speculate, I guess time will tell.

What is pretty obvious though is that OC are acting very fishy indeed and are treating us all very shabbily.

Associate
Are they stuffing cards in their pre builds and selling them superceding the queue system?

I do want to believe gibbo when he says that theres dedicated deliveries for premade, but theres been some weird stuff going on. Surely an update saying 'so and so shipment is delayed' would set people at ease, instead of wondering if its gone full on houdini and vanished.

Associate

Well, if you think otherwise, then your not living in the real world ;)

If they have a pre-build sitting there just waiting on that 3080, which costs, lets say, £3,000, they sure are not gonna give you priority, no matter what queue position your in, even if it is No 1, as you only paid £700, and Mr/Mrs X paid the former. That is the way it works with greed, and these guys are masters at it :)

Last edited:
Associate
@Gibbo @GIGA-Man What happen'd to the cards stated to arrive 22nd oct ? The Gigabyte EAGLE 3080 OC ?

"
22 Oct 2020 at 16:40
Gibbo
Commissario

An OK amount of Gigabyte Eagle OC 3080 are due next week and a very small amount of Gigabyte Gaming & Vision 3080 are due."

"30 Oct 2020 at 09:31
Gibbo
Commissario

A small amount of all Gigabyte 3090's are due end of next week.
A small amount of most of the 3080's are due end of next week. "

I have been 2nd in que... since sep 17th.... You ARE misleading everybody here, regardless of your intentions... There hasn't even been an apology with regards to the false advertisement with the expected stock of 23rd Sep..... Now were on the 3rd November!

was that stock came in for people not in que? or for people before me? which would be ludicrous.... because i had my order manualy processed via phone thus missing out on the PC backlog trying to generate a order number.....

i know people who ordered various other cards over the last 2 weeks and got it a few days ago....

Something isnt adding up here.. and to be frank its annoying the hell out of me!!

Really hope you can understand our frustrations ! Looking forward to your reply!!

Cheers

Associate
If things don't improve by the end of the week and this supposade "Most 3080 models due late next week" ends up falling through like 90% of the mystery orders you guys get. Im cancelling and trying my luck getting a pre order elsewhere.

I can understand the struggle, but what I can't understand is OCUK treating it like WE are the guilty ones for giving them too much money and they're stubborn af and think they're in the right.

Rising prices while people are checking out.
Constant order failures.
Misleading orders that end up nowhere to be seen.
False promises.
Saying things like "small amount" instead of just being transparent and telling us numbers.
Awful one liner updates that give little to no information when competitors literally have daily updates and graphs of exact order dates coming in.
Still taking on Pre-Orders when you can't even fulfill a small fraction of your pre orders within 6 weeks.
Taking money for pre-orders up front.
Forcing expensive next day shipping on all orders when they won't be shipping for months.
Not refunding delivery costs to many people that i've seen on this thread.
Not giving people the option to switch queues for less popular cards like competitors are.
Removing free games from people.

And last but not least, ths promise that you STILL have posted that OCUK has such an amazing relationship with Nvidia are are by far the best to pre order from :))))) Clearly thats a load of ****.

But hey, as long as Gibbo gets to flex his Ferrari and Aston Martin. Who cares about the thousands of customers wanting answers :)

Last edited:
Associate
Yeahhhh, it'd be great if we could just have an answer whether this 'Apple situation' is actually true.

Would you say that the likelihood of me still receiving the card, between the 9th and 15th as advised is now pretty unlikely?

I'm close to cancelling now to be honest.

Chances are getting dim. We don't know if Inno3d shipped the x3 and x4 last week, and if they didn't, I guess they'll ship that batch somewhere easier to ship, internal market or India, as they can't keep them in store longer than a week. IF they shipped on Friday, it should keep the estimated shop arrival date. But now we are reported different issues with uk courier service being overwhelmed and might create delay as well.

Nobody blames you if you cancel, and you shouldn't care if someone does, it's your hard working money after all. This whole situation has been a mess on store, partner manufacturers and Nvidia all together.
Consider this before making your decision, other 3080 queues are large and not moving either from what I can gather, and due to lot of people considering AMD, that queue will deplete just as fast and will probably have same queue times, and I say probably cause I definitely be wrong. I think all of us are unable to say how strong amd production lines are running.

Commissario
And I was here when he joined, albeit i was under a different user name (oddly enough, depsite MANY messages to OcUk customer services I NEVER got a response to recover my old info, what a SHOCKER). I remember him being an overclocking enthusiast, not a corporate puppet and being just as angsty when stuff didn't arrive on time. Funny how the tables have turned.
Did you send the message to OCUK customer service or use the forum contact information in GD and at the bottom of the forum pages?

If you PM myself or one of the other admins, or post in the forum content discussion area (at the bottom of the "Life" section) we can try and find it.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't understand the people attacking OCUK, they aren't manufacturers, they don't produce cards yet people expect answers as if they control the flow of shipments.

They control the information / lack there of that they put out there. They said 1 thing re: stock arrivals and gave vague numbers, however when it was delivery day, the cards people received were a fraction of what was stated.

Last 3080 Strix OC was one, the MSI Gaming X Trio was another (it simply didn't arrive), same as the inno3d and gigabytes that have gone missing. Not to mention not a single EVGA card has been shipped yet all sorts of other retailers have had no issues getting stock.

OCUK deserve all the attacks and vitriol that go their way.

Associate
If things don't improve by the end of the week and this supposade "Most 3080 models due late next week" ends up falling through like 90% of the mystery orders you guys get. Im cancelling and trying my luck getting a pre order elsewhere.

I can understand the struggle, but what I can't understand is OCUK treating it like WE are the guilty ones for giving them too much money and they're stubborn af and think they're in the right.

Rising prices while people are checking out.
Constant order failures.
Misleading orders that end up nowhere to be seen.
False promises.
Saying things like "small amount" instead of just being transparent and telling us numbers.
Awful one liner updates that give little to no information when competitors literally have daily updates and graphs of exact order dates coming in.
Still taking on Pre-Orders when you can't even fulfill a small fraction of your pre orders within 6 weeks.
Taking money for pre-orders up front.
Forcing expensive next day shipping on all orders when they won't be shipping for months.
Not refunding delivery costs to many people that i've seen on this thread.
Not giving people the option to switch queues for less popular cards like competitors are.
Removing free games from people.

And last but not least, ths promise that you STILL have posted that OCUK has such an amazing relationship with Nvidia are are by far the best to pre order from :))))) Clearly thats a load of ****.

But hey, as long as Gibbo gets to flex his Ferrari and Aston Martin. Who cares about the thousands of customers wanting answers :)
I don't understand the people attacking OCUK, they aren't manufacturers, they don't produce cards yet people expect answers as if they control the flow of shipments.
Did you not read this post. Make it quite clear I think

Associate

I'll tell you why.

OCUK have taken people's money since day one, produced very little in return, still have that money, and refuse point blank to acknowledge any customer on these forums, aka ignore, not update, and supply any form of 'customer service' whatsoever, and still continue to take people's money, without care.

Nothing to do with cards getting produced, or not.

Associate
Information management, it would have been so easy to have a spreadsheet with models, how many (not numbers, small, ok, large amount) expected arrival, delay reason. Store must have this information. People are getting concerned, most paid almost 2 months ago, and know nothing

Associate
Going to come out and say it gibbo is probably talking compete ******** about many things

I'll say it further, Gibbo is nothing but a 'go boy/girl' for those behind the scenes, and most probably getting fed the same info we all are, very little!, but that extra £1.00 per hour on his/her's pay makes it worthwhile for him/her, in these times of need.

He/she is a useful commodity ATM, to deal with the **** here, as the rest are not willing to face it ;) No rocket science there, just simple mathematics :)

Last edited:
Associate
I'll say it further, Gibbo is nothing but a 'go boy/girl' for those behind the scenes, and most probably getting fed the same info we all are, very little!, but that extra £1.00 per hour on his/her's pay makes it worthwhile for him/her, in these times of need.
Isn't he the purchasing manager or similar?

Back
Top Bottom