• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
You don't understand. For some of us it's better to be 2000 in a queue than to have no opportunity to queue at all. Many of us don't want to sit searching websites for these cards. We want to pay, then relax knowing it's coming. Sure, we want them ASAP, but not enough to sit pressing F5 on different websites.

Actually I don't even have time to see where else offers preordering still. I'm just glad at least this place did to save me that searching stress.
I have to agree, I know its annoying not having the card in my hand but frankly when we're nearing a second lock down, people left and right will be becoming homeless, loosing jobs, loosing loved ones, not having a 3080 in my system seems a bit churlish really. We have a preorder, it will eventually arrive.

See how you both feel in a few months when people are grabbing cards elsewhere. your queue will still be... well a queue. It will get smaller but only due to cancellations.

The way i see it. At this point you're better not being in a queue and having the cash to buy when something comes up. Even casual browsing will get you one elsewhere before you get to the front of the queue here. Money in your bank whilst youre waiting is obviously much better than being here and money in your bank allows you to buy from any of the many other competitors when stock does come in.

Believe me when i say. The way things are going, all competitors are going to have decent stock levels before you get to the front of the queue here :p

Even the biggests box shifter in the uk had various 30s over the space of the last couple of days. They are coming into the uk in better numbers but we dont see that equate to anything meaningful here. You can see the increase when you look at competitors though. Somethings not right here and they currently have your money if you're in a queue. For a lot that will severely limit your options.

Just my 2p ofc. IF you're happy in a queue then fair enough but dont get upset when you get tired of waiting and people here remind you of your comments and determination to queue lmao :p
I'm sure Linus of LTT mentioned recently in his live show that when he worked for a retailer in Canada, Nvidia were extremely strict on selling between retail and SI. If they sent you stock for SI machines, you could only use them in SI machines and not sell them as retail units.
so is this gibbo not fighting with whoever orders si stock hard enough?
i've spoken to competitors and they've openely told me they can't get much (if any) si stock so are using retail stock in pre builds. If this is the bigger retailers telling me this (going from yesterdays email that was posted) then how are ocuk getting more si stock than retail? Its worth considering that si stock normally means boxless and this is the issue somewhere else had when they sold evga si cards as retail and they got damaged in transit. OC offer the boxes for all components in a pre-build

I'm out of this farce now but i still kind of want to see how this all pans out lol. Something isnt right here.
Unless you have already received the code, you likely won't get this. It was limited to 1000 and this stock has long gone
I was 500+ in the eagle queue and had a code on my order. I've cancelled and so have many others which means there are potentially a lot floating around. IDK if oc are sending watchdogs codes with orders that didn't have them listed but with them expiring soon i'd hope oc will use those codes with stock they send and change anybody with a code on their order to cod instead. Wishful thinking but they should really be making sure their customers dont go without.
Why have they made like 3-4 different OC cards for the same GPU? We already know that 3000 can't OC for ****. These are like tiny OC's they are making while making out they are major performance differences when in reality their really isn't.
actually my zotac i'm currently running is OC version and clocks quite well tbh although i've put no effort into silly unstable over clocks. a non oc version isn't going to reach even oc clocks (assuming binning) so the oc is still more appealling if you want that tiny bit of performance.

How many people would buy a B grade card if the oc became normal and non oc became B grade lol. Thats effectivily how its working right now. Later down the line will be different but now if you have a non oc card then its more than likely sub par. I'd be happy to be stuck waiting for a non oc card tbh the way things are at this moment.

Associate
For anyone who cares regarding 3080 eagles,
Shipping announcements,
Gigaman - a "teens" amount was due end of last week, - after taking with a Aorus rep i believe this was delivered and probably allocated as SI stock,
Gigaman, - a lager amount due the week after (this week),
Gibbo, "OK" amount due end of last week, - this one is MIA, Can only hope its late or Gibbo got mixed up/was told wrong and this is the larger amount gigaman is referring to,

Hopefully, maybe, just maybe, some might arrive end of this week, thats my hope anyway

Associate
I fully agree - they have had stock, I am sure of it. I think the CS person put their foot in it on Discord and then was told to retract their statement (all on public record). Now that @Just-Dave has chatted to yet another Aorus rep that has just confirmed what Giga-man has already said - it's obvious they have had them

No doubt about it. And they won't be the only cards that this happened to, in fact I would say that this is a drop in the ocean. Would ask Gibbo for a comment but wouldn't trust him to tell me the time in a room full of clocks.

Permabanned
For anyone who cares regarding 3080 eagles,
Shipping announcements,
Gigaman - a "teens" amount was due end of last week, - after taking with a Aorus rep i believe this was delivered and probably allocated as SI stock,
Gigaman, - a lager amount due the week after (this week),
Gibbo, "OK" amount due end of last week, - this one is MIA, Can only hope its late or Gibbo got mixed up/was told wrong and this is the larger amount gigaman is referring to,

Hopefully, maybe, just maybe, some might arrive end of this week, thats my hope anyway
So far there is only option that gigabyte lied about EAGLES

Let me check if there is number i can call Gigabyte in uk and tell them they are xxxxx liers and record it to post here.

Nope sadly can only record a hate video and email it to them ON IT.

Asus TUF non-oc, where art thou?
This.
I've been building PC's for over 30 years and dont get the recent trend for putting glass panels on the side and lighting it up like Blackpool illuminations.
I tend to look at the screen when using a PC.

Same here, this is why I love the Fractal Design Define 'R' range of cases, nice simple quiet boxes, no RGB bling.

Associate
Yep they also didnt update on friday. So much for there promise they would update us after every shipment and every Friday regardless

So they are doing something super shady with the Strix OC stock, on top of what has been uncovered so far today about the Gigabyte stock, it seems likely that we are being fed lies.

Associate
So far there is only option that gigabyte lied about EAGLES

Let me check if there is number i can call Gigabyte in uk and tell them they are xxxxx liers and record it to post here.

Nope sadly can only record a hate video and email it to them ON IT.
lol,
Ive had nothing better to do today so thought i would try and make some sense out of it,
The odd thing is there seems to be a Mexican stand off with regards to a shipment last week on the 30th, Ocuk say no, Aorus say yes lol,

Edit: just to throw a tin foil hat in, ocuk did confirm some eagles 3080 came in last week on discord, only to retract that 10 mins later............ maybe because the went in pre builds, who knows lol
Its all good fun ha ha

Last edited:
Associate
so just happened to browse the 3080/3090 store page and saw that the inno3d chill x3 3090 was in stock with 7 remaining, so i decided to cancel my 3080 strix oc and bag the 3090, i was in queue position 1229 for the Asus 3080 and deffo would not be receiving it this year, at last i can get on with my full self build,
no more waiting or checking queues.
good luck to all and hope you all get your cards soon

Associate
Just filled cancellation form, ASUS TUF non-OC was 569 in the queue, ordered in a launch day. Im fed up waiting with my money frozen on OCs account, i can see lots of competitors drops cards, i actually want this card asap, with asus i would have to wait forever. all the best guys, it was emotional but im out.

Associate
lol,
Ive had nothing better to do today so thought i would try and make some sense out of it,
The odd thing is there seems to be a Mexican stand off with regards to a shipment last week on the 30th, Ocuk say no, Aorus say yes lol

I guess they can't admit the cards ever came if they have already left through the back door days ago.

Associate
so just happened to browse the 3080/3090 store page and saw that the inno3d chill x3 3090 was in stock with 7 remaining, so i decided to cancel my 3080 strix oc and bag the 3090, i was in queue position 1229 for the Asus 3080 and deffo would not be receiving it this year, at last i can get on with my full self build,
no more waiting or checking queues.
good luck to all and hope you all get your cards soon

So tempted to do the same, £1700 on a card that isn't going to be twice the performance of the 3080 I ordered this morning is the sticking point though

Associate
lol,
The odd thing is there seems to be a Mexican stand off with regards to a shipment last week on the 30th, Ocuk say no, Aorus say yes lol,

Edit: just to throw a tin foil hat in, ocuk did confirm some eagles 3080 came in last week on discord, only to retract that 10 mins later............ maybe because the went in pre builds, who knows lol
Its all good fun ha ha
Good work dude. I think your assessment is spot on. The queue means absolutely nothing now.

Back
Top Bottom