• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
zotac.jpg

http://www.frequencycomputers.co.uk/zotac.jpg
Really pleased with my Zotac 3080 Trinity OC that came today. It really does OC well. +1000MHz on memory no problem.
I don't mind that people think I got scalped. Isn't that the nature of business? How much profit is too much profit?
Enjoy the forum while you continue your search people.

My nightmare has ended, yesterday I purchased an overpriced Zotac 3080 from OCUK. which has arrived this morning, however this morning i got a much cheaper gigabyte 3080 with cold war as part of sale. have to say this has been horrendous from OCUK and NVIDIA. position 360 as of last friday for TUF 3080 OC now free. good luck to all and i hope you all get your deliveries soon

Associate
I'm just wondering after all the whoo-ha and hysteria in this forum, how many people will wind up being disappointed when they finally fire up whatever version of 3080 they lay their hands on. The thrill of the chase and all that I mean... all this is a lot to go through for 55 frames on Assassins's creed Valhalla at 4K...

Associate
well it is a worse option, because those of us that got in early actually managed to get a card for MSRP and i refuse to give in to the price gouging practices seen all over the PC component industry.
Did you receive your card? Then good you made a good choice.
Did you put a preorder "early" but as of this day you still don't have a card? Then your perception is skewed, because your chances of getting a card at MSRP or close to MSRP price in other places before today were not very high, but high enough to render queuing on OCuk useless for all practical purposes.

Associate
Finally!!! Ordered a Gigabyte Gaming OC at 12:02 from a competitor, dispatched at 13:55 for arrival tomorrow. That is service right there.

Goodbye Telegram notifications

While it's incredibly satisfying to turn them off, you're gonna miss not knowing the drama and you'll end up coming back to this thread anyway.

Trust me. :p

Associate
Gibbo said:
The UK has a way larger pre-order percentage for amount of people, so fingers crossed we may see more numbers incoming from Asus to rival the likes of MSI and Gigabyte to the UK now.

Really?! Rival Gigabyte volumes?! Cos' we ain't seen jack sh!t here!!!

Your solution is to pay 20% for the same card because the TI will cost even more? Mind you prices won't just drop because there'll be enough supply, but AMD's cards are also coming :)

Actually I would be pretty happy if it only cost a extra 20%.
But the Ti isn't the same card, for all intense purposes it will be a slightly gimped 3090 at a cut down price.
They may even clock it faster and completely screw over the 3090 early adopters, just so they can claim the top dog crown.

Associate
Well done everyone that battered Asus into releasing that statement on twitter!

Comes to something when you literally have to spam all of their posts in order to get them to talk to you!

Associate
Gibbo said:
The UK has a way larger pre-order percentage for amount of people, so fingers crossed we may see more numbers incoming from Asus to rival the likes of MSI and Gigabyte to the UK now.

Really?! Rival Gigabyte volumes?! Cos' we ain't seen jack sh!t here!!!
You're not wrong, majority of the reductions in queue have been from cancelations, what a joke

Associate
I'll hold up my hands and say that yes, I did link the wrong card (in my excitement) but if you use some logic then "very high" being 60+ 3070's should also mean very high should be 60+ 3080's too...

I'm guessing that since we've not seen much activity from him since, he may have had his knuckles rapped for revealing quantities (cos they were for pre-builds, depsite them stating they don't do this, trust is an issue now), but this is pure speculation at this point. If it's true however, then as I've repeatedly asked, where are the rest of these cards?
Yup...Very large I would have thought would have been the same...

Back
Top Bottom