• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Aorus 3080 xtreme - pre ordered on 17th @ 15:06

First que update was #31 and #22 being the latest update,

For anyone wondering how the que is moving on those,

At this point it would be nice to have a card before Christmas

I pre ordered on 17th @ 15:33 and i went from #46 to #34 in last update.

I'm trying to hold on but as the weeks go by and the lack of information I'm more and more tempted to jump ship and cancel my pre order.

Yes before Christmas would be very nice. Please Santa :D

Associate
Reading between the lines it feels like there's an embargo on admitting supply amounts and dates that I wouldn't expect any distribution channel to admit.

Are you guys unable to get refunds or why are you complaining?

I settled for a 3070FE today to do until the situation normalises.

Associate
Reading between the lines it feels like there's an embargo on admitting supply amounts and dates that I wouldn't expect any distribution channel to admit.

Are you guys unable to get refunds or why are you complaining?

I settled for a 3070FE today to do until the situation normalises.

Must be an Overclockers UK only embargo on updating your customers? Interesting. The competition seem to be capable of doing it pretty much daily. Including order backlog figures and exact expected arrival dates

I could get a refund and go elsewhere, but I'm now near the front of the line and don't have time to refresh my browser all day.

Last edited:
Associate
Think I'm in the same boat as a lot of people in here, I don't think I'll be ordering anything from overclockers again.. Seeing how much stock other retailers have received and shipped out compared to us mugs who ordered here is a joke really. Seen the amount of orders of MSI for example go from like 1600 outstanding preorders from the start to now 550 odd from today... Yet I was 252nd in the preorder queue originally here for a gaming x trio and am now 91st as of last week. Quite frankly laughable.

Last edited:
Associate
Just to show how much of a mess they have made of this. There much more organise competitor has 1432 rtx30 series this week alone without including the founders edition card they sell.
At this point ocuk needs to explain there self

Associate
Didn't mean to be rude if it was interpreted as such. Reading it back I do come off a bit blunt :p

All good I blasted another company this week for a full build for false deadlines and then getting a "no guarantee before Xmas" mail late on Friday night after a few drinks so I get it! Refunded out from this other company and have all my parts arriving and I'll just build myself especially now that I managed to hook an interim 3070fe today. Better than having absolutely no system at all for so long.

Associate
Removed my queue position for Gigabyte Eagle 3080 after weeks of eyeing this thread and literally seeing 0 good news. Was 913 in the queue. Was able to bag an MSI Gaming X Trio from a competitor and with the help with a few alert bots. Received it on the 16th.

Glhf the rest of you, Overclockers has been terrible with this.

Associate
My biggest gripe with OCUK isn't really even regarding stock coming in—without more transparency and clearer overviews from them, we can only really speculate how many cards they got in total since this all began.

However, the fact that other retailers that created long pre-order queues have been offering up extra stock from an AIB to people in queue for a different SKU from that AIB, let alone offer SKUs and even AIBs that came in after any pre-ordering happened as alternatives to people in queues, rather than immediately throwing them on the store, at the new inflated prices, like OCUK instantly did with the Zotac Trinity OCs for example, really goes to show that they either don't care one bit or are simply incompetent and unequipped to manage a launch such as this.

I think it's a combination of those things, but I'd like to assume that only a small part of it is malice/greed and think that if anyone in some form of management at OCUK/CaseKing really cares, they should take a good look at the culture, practices and processes they're nurturing or allowing to happen.

Back
Top Bottom