• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
they even sent him the empty retail box.......

OEM cards come unboxed or with plain boxes as far as im aware

Which just proves that their SI orders are being fulfilled with retail product, it doesn't prove that B2C orders are being diverted to SI stock, but that doesn't suit the narrative in here of course... :)

Associate
can anyone confirm the status of MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio - a competitor site is stating

Discontinued!

This item is currently discontinued and at present, we have no replacement on order.

:rolleyes:

Associate
Asus GPU support and Giga-man probably dont check this thread everyday. Im guessing they do more at work than stare at a forum. You need to be patient with them as they arent going to instantly know when they are mentioned.
We were promised a weekly update by @GIGA-Man and Gibbon, this didn't happen last week. If they are busy/sick or on leave they should delegate the responsibilty...They are in the business of cutomer service, servcing customers who have paid a lot of money (objectively speaking) it's their job it's what they get paid to do...Yes it's just a GPU yadayada but this is the forum to discuss it...There has been PLENTY of opportunity for them to reply...

Associate
Asus GPU support and Giga-man probably dont check this thread everyday. Im guessing they do more at work than stare at a forum. You need to be patient with them as they arent going to instantly know when they are mentioned.
Oh I know but we are never going to get answers if we don’t ask I hope other people tag them as well so when there do check there notifications it’s just hundreds of people asking for a update and maybe actually give us an update @Gibbo @ASUS GPU Support @GIGA-Man

Associate
mate I leave the country for good next month and im still in pos 1900 in queue, want to cancel today but no service reps

Use the Customer Service Section of the forums, create new post in the Order queries section with Order number requesting cancellation.

If it is for 3080 only use the Form linked in post 1 of the update thread.

Associate
Which just proves that their SI orders are being fulfilled with retail product, it doesn't prove that B2C orders are being diverted to SI stock, but that doesn't suit the narrative in here of course... :)

Oh the mental gymnastics involved in that is quite astounding. So what are you saying, are AIBs deeming "retail" stock as SI stock?

Retail stock is retail stock, it is being sent as retail stock not surprisingly. OC are taking the vast majority of retail stock and putting it in prebuilds while they have many thousands of people who have paid for them months ago. Are you serious?

Associate
I hope this isn’t the case or if it is OCUK can let us know ASAP

why would they let you know when they can just sit on your money indefinitely with no legal obligation to actually deliver anything until you come to the conclusion on your own that nothing is coming and cancel, having given them a 0% interest loan for six months?

Associate
Oh the mental gymnastics involved in that is quite astounding. So what are you saying, are AIBs deeming "retail" stock as SI stock?

Retail stock is retail stock, it is being sent as retail stock not surprisingly. OC are taking the vast majority of retail stock and putting it in prebuilds while they have many thousands of people who have paid for them months ago. Are you serious?
You do realise that OC UK could be getting two streams of stock from their distributors for the relevant SKUs with one specifically ordered for SI? Just because traditionally SI stock was only ordered as OEM stock doesn't apply in this case due to the shortages being faced...

Associate
I know a lot of people do not want to here the honest truth. But the only real truth in this whole situation is that unless you are in desperate need of a card, IE dont have a 9,10 or 20 series card most people should really cancel their orders and in all honestly stop using OC at all. I fully understand the stocking issue really is down to Nvidia (Most companies dont have cards) but I personally believe that the way that OC has handled this entire situation shows so much about their business model. OC have willingly continued to take peoples money (Until very recently) and have provided the worst customer service experience to date. In a lot of cases the silence makes it feel like robbery more than anything else! As people have pointed out other sites have clearly had more stock and have a clear structure in place to provide updates. I personally feel bad for the people on the front lines having to take all the flack that will be given to them whilst the people who actually make these decisions will only care when their profits take a massive hit, which whilst everyone has handed over what accounts to millions at this point they will not care. Speaking with your wallet is actually the only real way!

Associate
You do realise that OC UK could be getting two streams of stock from their distributors for the relevant SKUs with one specifically ordered for SI? Just because traditionally SI stock was only ordered as OEM stock doesn't apply in this case due to the shortages being faced...

So now AIBs are sending OEM/SI stock out in retail packaging? Is that what you are saying?

Associate
So now AIBs are sending OEM/SI stock out in retail packaging? Is that what you are saying?
AIB =/= Distributor

OC UK will have specific distributors that issue their stock, these don't have to be AIBs it can be a third party that obtains the stock from the AIBs.

In these situations what will then happen is that said distributor will allocate stock to OC UK either direct for retail or specifically for SI.

Associate
I keep seeing this rumour that retail stock is being sidled off for PC builds as there's more money there. Have you ever priced up a pre-built using the individual components? It's usually about a 5 - 10% markup, which isn't too bad considering the time involved. SI stock would normally be cheaper than retail stock, hence the extra profits on it. It doesn't make sense to use retail stock as SI stock.

Associate
It's just as plausible an explanation as anything I have seen you post...

So the AIBs are giving big discounts on the majority of cards that they are sending to OC. This at a time of extreme shortages. And to put the icing on the cake, they are sending these cards in retail packaging! If there is anything about any of that which you find even 1% plausible, then there is no helping you.

Associate
I know a lot of people do not want to here the honest truth. But the only real truth in this whole situation is that unless you are in desperate need of a card, IE dont have a 9,10 or 20 series card most people should really cancel their orders and in all honestly stop using OC at all. I fully understand the stocking issue really is down to Nvidia (Most companies dont have cards) but I personally believe that the way that OC has handled this entire situation shows so much about their business model. OC have willingly continued to take peoples money (Until very recently) and have provided the worst customer service experience to date. In a lot of cases the silence makes it feel like robbery more than anything else! As people have pointed out other sites have clearly had more stock and have a clear structure in place to provide updates. I personally feel bad for the people on the front lines having to take all the flack that will be given to them whilst the people who actually make these decisions will only care when their profits take a massive hit, which whilst everyone has handed over what accounts to millions at this point they will not care. Speaking with your wallet is actually the only real way!
I agree Speaking with our wallet after all they care about is getting our money unfortunately is a sellers market at the moment for everyone of us who cancels there will be someone else to take there place. I’m am speaking with my wallet I ordered my amd 5900x from there much more commutative competitor and I will never order from here again and I hope everyone else does the same so when things go eventually go back to normal there left with there reputation in tatters and no customers for gibbo to brag about cars too

Back
Top Bottom