• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
The retail card in question is a gigabyte. So now Gigabyte are selling retail cards through distribution to OC, not direct? And they are selling retail cards as SI/OEM? Blimey O'Reilly.
Newsflash: Buying an item doesn't necessarily mean you are getting it straight from the source. Stock moves through a supply chain before it gets to your hands. Ask anyone that deals with logistics...

Associate
Newsflash: Buying an item doesn't necessarily mean you are getting it straight from the source. Stock can pass hands from a number of different sources before it gets to your hands. Ask anyone that deals with logistics...

They obviously use Distributors for most of their stock hence why they do not get much.

I think you are forgetting that Gibbo (the retail purchaser) only deals with Retail (his statement), so when he says 50 cards arrived but then only 25-30 get dispatched, what happened to the rest???.

This has happened multiple times with different cards.

Associate
Newsflash: Buying an item doesn't necessarily mean you are getting it straight from the source. Stock can pass hands from a number of different sources before it gets to your hands. Ask anyone that deals with logistics...

Newsflash? AIBs do not sell retail packaged stock as OEM/SI! Never, ever, not a chance. I guess the flying pigs who are distributing it got their magic wands out and abracadabra?

Associate
Oh the naivety and it has been here for weeks...

Let me tell you how it goes:

OCUK: Hello Mr. Distributor. We have thousands pre-orders for 3080 GPU. Can we have some please?
Distributor: Sure you can, but we already send hundreds to your competitor, so we will send you 50 cards.
OCUK: Sounds rather splendid, thank you, at this rate we will have a nice cash buffer to offset our business loans for years.
OCUK: Oh before I forget. Can we also have some SI cards as well for new systems, they're selling them like hotcakes with Covid, 3080 shortages and such.
Distributor: Of course you can, but only because you are our favourite client you know, same as Nvidia's.
Distributor: I just need to amend your initial order slightly, so we will send you 25 cards for SI and 25 cards for retail, you can always amend the allocations as we will send them on one pallet and they all look identical.
Sounds about right And probably the most accurate. I would like to add with so many people ordering at MSRP oc probably don't want to now pay for increased prices . The rest will do to please custom and we are left with this mess .

Associate
Newsflash: Buying an item doesn't necessarily mean you are getting it straight from the source. Stock moves through a supply chain before it gets to your hands. Ask anyone that deals with logistics...
Why is GigaMan giving updates on this thread, should we not have a distributor giving updates!!!

Associate
Will break it down to this then. Distributor X orders so many cards from Gigabyte. Gigabyte in this scenario are not providing OEM box less variants of their cards so distributor just buys X amount of cards. OC UK orders retail allocation and SI allocation from Distributor X. Distributor X allocates stock on that basis and to the amount of supply they have. We won't see the number of cards OC UK get specifically due to whatever agreements they have with their distributors. Also add in the fact that Ampere supply has been **** poor and a pandemic to boot.

This situation sucks but it is what it is.

Associate
Can someone PLEASE request an update on the inno cards from OCUK as this will now be just another time OC have given us false information on orders

I received the Inno 3080 Frostbite at the weekend. They had a few come in last friday and the guy on the phone did imply they were expecting a few more inno cards to come in then as well.

Associate
Will break it down to this then. Distributor X orders so many cards from Gigabyte. Gigabyte in this scenario are not providing OEM box less variants of their cards so distributor just buys X amount of cards. OC UK orders retail allocation and SI allocation from Distributor X. Distributor X allocates stock on that basis and to the amount of supply they have. We won't see the number of cards OC UK get specifically due to whatever agreements they have with their distributors. Also add in the fact that Ampere supply has been **** poor and a pandemic to boot.

This situation sucks but it is what it is.

So gigabyte are selling retail packaged cards as SI/OEM? We both know that will never happen don't we? The margins on these cards are not great are they? But distributors are now selling retail packaged stock as OEM? The chance of that happening is less than zero. Can you think of something even a tiny bit plausible please because what you are suggesting is beyond laughable.

Associate
@chemical world
That still misses that whatever is reported in the update thread by Gibbo is Retail Stock only, so why do the amounts that arrive invariably surpass what is dispatched to customers.

If SI stock is totally different the amount coming in and out retail, which is the only stuff reported here and update thread should be identical.

Associate
Eagle also shipped today for me too, my queue position was < 10 I believe. I expect by Friday the queues will be updated as well as stock updates

Associate
So gigabyte are selling retail packaged cards as SI/OEM? We both know that will never happen don't we? The margins on these cards are not great are they? But distributors are now selling retail packaged stock as OEM? The chance of that happening is less than zero. Can you think of something even a tiny bit plausible please because what you are suggesting is beyond laughable.

What you are missing here is that ANY retailer is able to prioritise stock to wherever they please. It may seem unfair to you but that's just the way it goes.
If you don't like that, take your business elsewhere. If not, then please stop talking when you do not know the exact situation. All of your comments are purely speculative with absoulutely ZERO known facts...

The thing that makes me laugh is that there were less of these 'experts' in this thread before they started giving queue updates..

Seems that you can never please everybody....

Back
Top Bottom