• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
May have got lucky with a 3070 MSI Gaming Trio, stock alert from a competitor lets see if it ships first before I try and cancelling any orders
I have a DPD dispatch email from a competitor, I will wait until it actually arrives and is all OK before I cancel my place in the 3080 ROG STRIX OC queue, but with it being 1108 on Friday it will be one less for people in that queue if all goes well tomorrow.

All I can say is that if you can I suggest using some Stock Informer sites and Discord bots and fingers crossed you get lucky, but after three days with the alerts I managed to snag one with a next day delivery.
I am really not sure what OCuk is doing but apart from taking way too many preorders, I think this may have all backfired for CEO Steve Leing & the German investors & parent company CaseKing.

All I can to all is either be patient or try & get lucky I like did and vote with your money elsewhere with competitors, either way best of all luck to you all.

Associate
I thought you might be able to grasp from that stock has come into the UK, so there is something wrong if OC don't mention it in the next few days.

Instead just keep being a rude arrogant ****

EVGA has been delivered nearly weekly to the competitor since the start, it is only OC who are yet to get any through their great and wonderful contacts.

Associate
The joys of landlines... I'm amazed anyone still uses them!

Would have been free on most mobile contracts.

Given what we know about mobiles I'm surprised anyone uses them at all lol. Still, apart form all that, if your in an office all day like me landlines make much more sense....but with a call package.

Associate
EVGA has been delivered nearly weekly to the competitor since the start, it is only OC who are yet to get any through their great and wonderful contacts.

That is something of an anomaly though, no ideas how they have been managing to get those cards because the rest of Europe has been getting virtually nothing from EVGA until the last couple of weeks.

You only have to look at EVGA's own forums to see the complaints for everywhere else in Europe about the complete absence of stock being delivered to their retailers.

The other place is to be congratulated on getting the stock they managed to get, but for EVGA at least that is the exception, getting nothing from EVGA has been the norm for everywhere else outside the USA.

Associate
The joys of landlines... I'm amazed anyone still uses them!

Would have been free on most mobile contracts.
I don't know why but i presumed i would not be charged while in the queue. I'm sure other company's have phone systems what only charge you once you are talking to a human, but yea it was a stupid mistake by me what will never happen again.

Associate
I can't actually agree that any of those are 'facts'...

The closest you come is the first one, retail boxed product is being shipped with pre-builds in at least some cases but you don't know if that was stock ordered from the SI channel or B2C...

The queue position reported I took to be #4 in the pre-build queue, not the retail queue...

Claiming that 'most retail cards' have disappeared is utterly unsubstantiated and for the last point just because you can't work out where they went doesn't mean they disappeared, there are DOA's to deal with and the totally legitimate day 1 orders that didn't get into the published order queue so were being managed outside the queue system.

Repeating the same assumptions endlessly doesn't make them 'facts'...

But he said the word 'fact'.........surely someone wouldn't be reckless enough to use that word without ensuring they verified the information as being factual beforehand.

Associate
if the queue was unceremoniously cancelled without compensation, and thousands of people who handed over their money months ago (which lets not forget gave an initial ETA of a week or so), only to be dragged through with just enough vague allusions to "ramping up stock" to hold onto our cash for months on end (not to mention multiple messages from ASUS that the card was still being produced as late as last week), i don't think it would be a quiet issue and i'm fairly sure there'd be a case for consumer watchdogs to get involved.
Basically you're inferring that you've been duped by OC, except Asus have officially stated the cards will be manufactured so if they aren't, OC and the other retailers have also been duped.........

Associate
Is there a list for the exact amount waiting for each card somewhere on this forums. For example

Asus - 830 waiting list
Gigabyte 900
MSI - 400

Etc etc

No, that is the kind of information other retailers provide that do not have to hide the fact that their total number of backorders is more than 100 times the weekly shipments. Also, the numbers in your example are way off. They have several thousands of backorders per brand.

Associate
Looks like at least 16 shipped today, puts me at #6 worst case. Considering how long it's taking them to come in I'd be surprised if I get mine before the end of December :(

Just read your previous post and saw you was 22nd
I'm 21st so you are one behind me and I've furious we didn't make it into this shipment.
As you rightly pointed out, I have seen about 16 shipped from looking at Discord and the forums here.
So thats 5 for me and 6 for you at worst case. So close yet so far. I'm getting really sick of this now.

Associate
Yup, I've looked around a bit and the situation is simply that no cards are in stock with any resellers.
I know that some sightings of "1-2" cards have happened that then get quickly snapped up by stock watcher sites (or just bots..) so it's possible that some vendors have smaller queues than OC does, and you can get lucky, but I can't see anything untoward or nor any faults by OC.

Perhaps OC is such a large customer, and the manufacturers gave every vendor, regardless of their customer base the same amount of cards, so you'd be better off with a small reseller... but eh, surely any day now gibbo will report back saying 498571489 cards have been shipped... right? right?

Srsly though, no announcement from Gibbo in 4-5 days?

Associate
I'm 21st so you are one behind me and I've furious we didn't make it into this shipment.
As you rightly pointed out, I have seen about 16 shipped from looking at Discord and the forums here.
So thats 5 for me and 6 for you at worst case. So close yet so far. I'm getting really sick of this now.
I was in position 18, so number 2 best case? This is painful...

Associate
I’m 130 as of last Friday... I’m just ask sick of it and will continue to be sick of it until mid January at this rate I ordered within the first hour so I can’t imagine how people 200+ in the queue are feeling

Associate
I can't actually agree that any of those are 'facts'...

The closest you come is the first one, retail boxed product is being shipped with pre-builds in at least some cases but you don't know if that was stock ordered from the SI channel or B2C...

The queue position reported I took to be #4 in the pre-build queue, not the retail queue...

Claiming that 'most retail cards' have disappeared is utterly unsubstantiated and for the last point just because you can't work out where they went doesn't mean they disappeared, there are DOA's to deal with and the totally legitimate day 1 orders that didn't get into the published order queue so were being managed outside the queue system.

Repeating the same assumptions endlessly doesn't make them 'facts'...

Good god. A new account with all 4 posts defending OC with such imagination. Is that you Gibbo? And you got your mates involved too I see, all at once.

So we have 2 queues now for retail cards. And the prebuilt queue comes before the queue despite being a month or so after in ordering. They are queues for the same retail cards! But that's above board is it? Doesn't prove that OC are prioritising prebuilds? Are you for real? You aren't are you? Only someone who was a shill could even go there. And I don't mean that to be derogatory and I am not being nasty, I mean an actual shill.

Cards have disappeared by the bucket load. I don't think that they are to replace DOA as more have gone missing than have actually been sold. Unless OC are replacing DOA cards with 2 new ones and a majority are DOA, then that isn't it is it? People who had to be fitted into queues, interesting. I was one of those. There weren't many of us, I spoke to customer service on the phone and on the website, we had a thread too. That very tiny few of us that were spread around all parts of the queues could not be responsible for the missing cards. The straws that you are clutching at suggests that you are shilling here. Are you sure this isn't Gibbo?

We even received half orders of cards for the first order. Expected 50 we were told by Gigabyte. 50 confirmed delivered by gigabyte.25 turned up and were shipped, confirmed by Gibbo. So what happened to the other 25? Can't be DOA replacements, they hadn't sent any of that card out at all. Can't be lol sorry "missing persons" because there were 25 sent confirmed. So yes missing. 100% missing with no rational (or irrational in your case) explanation for their disappearance.

Seems like whatever I say to you, you will defend OC, almost like you work for them. If that's you Gibbo, man up and stop hiding behind the facade. If you are a colleague then I hope they are paying you well to defend the indefensible. If you are neither then I suggest you set your alarm clock on its loudest setting and wake up, because you are in dreamland.

Last edited:
The thing that makes me laugh is when I ordered mine on Sunday, I had to chose a postage and the cheapest one was £10.50 for next day lol
And its now Tuesday and they still haven't informed me what position I'm in.
I know they send out emails on Fridays, but you would have thought they let you know at the start of your order.

Associate
I was in position 18, so number 2 best case? This is painful...

Wow Jesus, really sorry to hear that man, that must string hard.
I'm sick of this "Small shipment" stuff. I want to know exact numbers. Because "small" shipment means 10-30 apparantly, so when you realize your number falls within that range you have a slight expectation you might get it.
But instead it seems they have received no more than 17. Which is 7 from minimal and 13 from maximal. Which according to an online calculator, thats is a abysmal 43.33% expectation decrease between 30 and 17.
So its 384,000Km to the Moon, so Overclockers are sayings its 217,839Km.

Back
Top Bottom