• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Anyone know what's going on with the Gigabyte deliveries? looks like not a single Gigabyte is being delivered this week and it's been painfully slow at the best of times. What's the situation? I remember reading a message by staff saying "we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel". That light appears to be getting further away instead of closer.Any update on when we'll start seeing a consistent stream of new deliveries or are we totally screwed until at least 2021? I received my HP reverb G2 Vr headset Tuesday and I've got nothing to play it on :(
Hopefully they'll be like the busses. Except replace three turning up at once with hundreds and hundreds...

A man can dream!

Associate
Right, have got myself into a pickle now. Just managed to grab a 3070. My 3080 TUF non OC is still no closer it appears sadly.
Do I cancel the 3080 and leave this neverending queue nightmare or hang on to that order and try and sell the 3070 for what I paid when the TUF eventually surfaces?! I'm torn. I'd quite like to cancel on a moral level due to this awfully handled situation but at the same time I would rather have a 3080 haha

Associate
I contacted Nvidia via the live chat functionality on their website:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

I attached the Overclockers invoice proving my graphics card had been shipped and was meant to include the offer (I'd be surprised if they gave codes out to non-shipped cards) and also a pdf summary of my Overclockers email support conversation. In my live chat conversation Nvidia did initially say they do not generate the codes as they are provided from place of purchase, I said my retailer did not have enough codes and that they [Overclockers] had told me to contact Nvidia (both of which were true).

The first person I spoke to could not help directly, but escalated my case after confirming my email. A day later I received an email from Nvidia with the codes.

Hope that helps.

[Edit: Added quotes, as I clearly misused the multiquote feature]

Thank you for sharing this with us; I didn't really give it any thought to go to Nvidia directly. I tried live chat and got no where but I received an email a few minutes later with an escalation so fingers crossed for the same outcome!

Associate
But OC'ers clearly are getting cards and shipping them. People have been getting shipping notifications this week. They've stopped updating the forum because presumably they've got better things to do. Its pretty clear now that more cards are being shipped than we know about. Only a very small minority of OC'ers customers are going to bother coming onto this thread to tell everyone they've got their card.
They are shipping cards but in very very small quantities competitors are definitely getting more example evga a competitor has shipped over 500 Ocuk 0

Associate
@Gibbo how about MSI 3080 products, it is being a long time since the last update
I hope there is some due shortly as there is MSI stock coming into the country. Unless there is a sudden surge in units I won't be getting one until Feb, I have moved an avg of 36 places per week with no idea of how many of those are cancellations.

Associate
@Gibbo how about MSI 3080 products, it is being a long time since the last update
I hope there is some due shortly as there is MSI stock coming into the country. Unless there is a sudden surge in units I won't be getting one until Feb, I have moved an avg of 36 places per week with no idea of how many of those are cancellations.

I've seen at least 3 other resellers with MSI stock coming in this week, so am hopeful that OC will be getting some too! 14th in the queue... so close yet so far!

Soldato
Right, have got myself into a pickle now. Just managed to grab a 3070. My 3080 TUF non OC is still no closer it appears sadly.
Do I cancel the 3080 and leave this neverending queue nightmare or hang on to that order and try and sell the 3070 for what I paid when the TUF eventually surfaces?! I'm torn. I'd quite like to cancel on a moral level due to this awfully handled situation but at the same time I would rather have a 3080 haha

I would use the 3070 until you snag a 3080 then sell the 3070, even if plenty become available, worst case you would make a small loss but get to have a great card for however long this takes.

Associate
So I don’t know how relevant this is to OCUK stock wise, but an Airsoft Company I follow has posted this information regarding incoming freight to the UK. Food for thought?

Hi folks! This is a general information message so you all know what's happening in the world as it appears that quite a bit of it is being hidden from public eyes.
Over the past few months, freight has become a nightmare, with costs rising significantly, especially over the past 4-6 weeks. There are various reasons for this, most of it being blamed on 'The Virus' but a lot of this is complete lies.
I've been prompted to post this after receiving two emails today from our freight forwarders in Taiwan and in the UK. These are the people we hire to act as 'on the ground' agents on our behalf to deal with our freight in and out of the UK.
What they told us is very worrying indeed. Basically ALL new freight bookings by sea that are inbound for the UK are blocked until further notice - they believe as far ahead as January. This is because there has been so much mishandling and mismanagement of this countrys' freight infrastructure, we are now pretty much in gridlock for freight movement.
One of the major factors is that our fantastic clown act in Westmonster has stored in excess of 10,000 shipping containers at Felixstowe (our largest and busiest sea freight port) and possibly other ports because they are full of PPE (faulty?Because it's not being issued and the NHS are still screaming for it) that they have no use for at this time. So they have just left it there taking up huge swathes of storage and movement space in the docks at a rental cost of at least a million quid PER DAY - at the busiest time of the year.
We received our last container delivery last week which had sat parked out at sea for three weeks waiting to get in to unload. We have another that's been delayed 4 weeks so far and is apparently unpacking today. Many UK-bound container vessels are being diverted into European ports so they can ease congestion and offload there and then truck it into the UK. So it escalates......the Ferries are backed up now, so is the Channel Tunnel - all trying to get the massive uptake of lorry freight needing to get over the channel. I was there last week and it took almost three hours just to get to the check-in kiosk, a task that would normally take 15mins on a bad day.
THIS IS PRE-BREXIT!
The other seriously worrying factor is that nobody knows what the impact of BREXIT is going to be yet. I doubt the Government has the slightest clue either as they seem to be winging it, much the same way as they've handled COVID so far....
So please take this on board because it is already effecting you, your pocket and your future. The Government isn't doing a great job at all, in fact it's a disaster that's only going to get worse. They don't really care because most are mega-rich and will surf through it all because they all look after each others interests. Who it is effecting is you and I.

Before this turns too much into a political statement, I want to let you all know that we are spending hours, every single day in communication with many freight points trying to get our shipments through by any means we can. Our agents are updating us in real-time - mostly just telling us nothing is improving - so we are on the ball, believe me.
Two things I ask of you:

1. I know you all want your goodies delivered but messaging us every day isn't going to speed it up. In fact it slows us down as we try to answer everyone and quite frankly we've got more urgent work to do. It especially doesn't help when one person messages us the exact same question across all platforms. One will do. We have no reason to delay deliveries, when shipments arrive, we do our very best to get them back out to our customers the very same day :) We do the same with our regular stock orders.

2. We sent a Tweet to Boris Johnson an hour ago, asking him what they are doing about the containers at Felixstowe port. I would very much appreciate it if you could retweet the message so it's definitely noticed and becomes an embarrassment ;)

Thanks for reading this, I struggled to keep it this short and without expletives!

Associate
bought and paid for a EVGA black gaming on day of release . just found this page on the forum can i just ask , are there no evga coming into the country ?. as the other page listing incoming cards has none listed for EVGA ?.

Associate
They are shipping cards but in very very small quantities competitors are definitely getting more example evga a competitor has shipped over 500 Ocuk 0

The silence regarding this issue is deafening.

The sales reps for these manuf. have gone quiet on this forum too. What is happening in the background that the manufacturers are preferentially shipping to other sellers?

Is this just bad-blood between seller/manufacturer? Or is it something dodgy AF?
I suppose the old adage "Never attribute to malice that which is better explained by incompetence" comes to mind.

Can't say I'm not frustrated because obviously I am. I'm starting to feel like I bought a product from a company that's going out of business.

Does anyone know if Gigabyte cards are just not coming in? Ordered a OC vision.

Associate
bought and paid for a EVGA black gaming on day of release . just found this page on the forum can i just ask , are there no evga coming into the country ?. as the other page listing incoming cards has none listed for EVGA ?.

A competitor seems to be getting them in. So much so that they were offering extra FTW3 Ultra's to other people in the queue. But none here as far as I can tell.

Associate
Cancelled my 3080 Strix OC order on Monday, was able to bag a 3070 from a competitor using StockInformer. Will wait to see how the market pans out by May/June next year when the 3080 ti is out. Looks like many won’t get their 3080 before the 3080ti is released, which is crazy!

Associate
I've just sent a web note to change my delivery address from my workplace to my home address. If in the unlikely event I receive my Asus TUF 3080 OC over the Christmas period (hah), then my workplace would be shut and unable to receive deliveries. Now I have to hope they respond to the web note prior to 17th Dec and they actually do update the address correctly, so it wouldn't get sent to the original address anyway!

Back
Top Bottom