• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
@ScottiB Your competitor has shown how to effectively keep customers updated with an update everyday of what is coming in and being shipped even if there is no update and a table showing current preorder queues. Why hasn't OC done something similar? It would massively reduce the same questions being asked and the conspiracy theories. Surely it would make OC staffs lifes easier if this was done.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Probably a mate of Gibbo's if he has any after the 3080 debacle.
I don't know what's gone on here, I can't prove or disprove what he says...BUT I can tell you 100% that there's no way for anybody to insert a fresh order into the front of a product allocation queue...our systems just aren't that flexible.
I can only assume that there was an old order on hold (payment issues/ID check usually) which temporarily removes it from the allocation queue.

@ScottiB Why hasn't OC done something similar?
Pretty much same answer as above.
I'm really hopeful that when we have our new website and new internal systems later next year we can give customers a much more contemporary account system rather than something which feels like it's a decade old at least.

Associate
@ScottiB Your competitor has shown how to effectively keep customers updated with an update everyday of what is coming in and being shipped even if there is no update and a table showing current preorder queues. Why hasn't OC done something similar? It would massively reduce the same questions being asked and the conspiracy theories. Surely it would make OC staffs lifes easier if this was done.

Their systems are so antiquated they are unable to do that sort of stuff I imagine, took them 2-3 weeks of forum pressure to even get Queue emails.

ScottiB did mention in one of his posts that they are prioritising the modernising of there infrastructure in the coming year, it seems to be well over due, their systems must be from the noughties if not the nineties.

Associate
So for the Asus Strix 3080 OC since ordering it, I have my initial starting place in the queue of position 651

Now I am Position 427 of which I am guessing most of that drop has been due to people cancelling.

I wrote on the forums on the 9th Oct that a CS advisor let slip that Overclockers had received ZERO stock of these cards and were unlikely too be getting any before the end of Oct

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...f-you-ordered-the-rog-strix-3080-oc.18901936/

Well Octobers been and gone and now so has November and your influx of stock of these cards has been "Sketchy" to say the least, with no one actually divulging the exact numbers, why is this?

I think everyone on this thread who is awaiting a card deserves transparency, transparency as to what OC as a company has received in stock of all the different variants of cards, what has been "PUT ASIDE" for in house system builds and what customers have actually been sent out and they have received, ACTUAL facts and figures, not an occasional post telling people an "OK" amount of something is coming in to then have people PROVE that the "OK" amount that should have seen them receive their card is utter rubbish because what Gibbo said was an "OK" amount actually turned out to mean something entirely different!

Associate
Just to confirm that anyone in the MSI trio 3080 queue above 218 is now 1 place nearer, cancelled my order a few moments ago. The work colleague who scalps and sold one last week had another arrive today, a Zotac AMP Holo, he offered it to me at cost + a few percent (I have his purchase receipt), I'd have been silly not to take it and wait well into 2021 and in fairness he could have sold it for much more on an auction site. Installed and running.

Associate
@ScottiB Thanks for your response. If OC infrastructure is not up to task then why where the preorders kept open for so long causing you guys such a headache with keeping as all updated. Just seems baffling. While the whole fiasco that Nvidia and now AMD have created is certainly not your fault, OC certainly haven't made it easy for them selves. :confused:

Associate
There CS was terrible before poo hit the fan. Owned 970s and 980s in sli during the return scenario (which by the way are one of the only reasons Ocuk STILL get my pennies.) from galax. There beautiful cards, extremely awful in representation and information. Inno3D are largely the same and I'm with them this time round... as awful as can be expected also.
Thanks for that bit of info. I have always wanted a galax card and I still do, it's just a rather trying time and their CS isn't helping. Being 16th in the queue makes it even more difficult to cancel, one half decent shipment is all I need.

I'll hold out for now of course but once that white strix is given a date and price, the countdown will begin :p

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB Thanks for your response. If OC infrastructure is not up to task then why where the preorders kept open for so long causing you guys such a headache with keeping as all updated. Just seems baffling. While the whole fiasco that Nvidia and now AMD have created is certainly not your fault, OC certainly haven't made it easy for them selves. :confused:
I wasn't privy to what conversations were had surrounding 3080 orders, but we were definitely caught by surprise.
That said, we're used to limited stock around launch times but, had our 3080 supply matched what we would usually expect (given twenty years of experience) then pretty much all of the backlog would have been resolved by now.
I don't know if it's a terrible GPU yield issue, limited memory supply or just many, many times more customers than usual...I'd just be guessing...but supply has fallen short of even our most pessimistic expectations.

As I said earlier 3070 delivery numbers are more healthy and are much more in line with what we were expecting for 3080

Associate
WOW, so to confirm ... there were ASUS shipments ... and i managed to move from 1323 to 1291 in a week ... not to be rude but did anyone else get this absolute joke of a position move ? .... thats 32 places with ramped up stock for November.. seriously without sounding rude do you even have a relationship with Asus and Nvidia as im trying to find excuses you can use but im coming up short

Associate
Just seen this if anyone is interested. It is a list of the cards that got the most complaints regarding the crash to desktop issue.

• Zotac GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity
  • EVGA RTX 3080 XC
  • MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC

Associate
I've not even looked at the video, let alone checked it's reaction. I try not to get involved in the marketing side unless I have to. Metrics are the last thing I care about. I'm almost 'Too old for Youtube' :D
No surprise, it is pretty antagonising to us. We have had pre build customers who ordered mid October, get an asus tuf a week ago, despite thousands being in the queue in front of him. Retail cards being allocated to prebuilds as a priority. No way to dress it up, it stinks.
I ordered an hour after launch, still 125 in the queue for an eagle and we see that! A pig with lipstick on is still porcine, this situation is beyond untenable. OC have treated customers appallingly and you will continue to do so.

Associate
WOW, so to confirm ... there were ASUS shipments ... and i managed to move from 1323 to 1291 in a week ... not to be rude but did anyone else get this absolute joke of a position move ? .... thats 32 places with ramped up stock for November.. seriously without sounding rude do you even have a relationship with Asus and Nvidia as im trying to find excuses you can use but im coming up short
i went from 53 to 6 on my asus 3070 card. scotti also said theres supposed to be more asus shipments next week but doesnt know any specifics

Back
Top Bottom