• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Caporegime
Seems better to just sit on twitter/discord etc and pick up a card rather than sitting in these huge preorder queues. I've grabbed a 3070 that way, wasn't hard. 3080 popped up online for a few mins this afternoon too.

Only works if you're not too fussy about what card you want. If you want a specific model that method won't work.

Associate
Are you ****** serious?... 6 bloody positions down?

I have a theory. OCuk don't actually want to fulfill the early pre orders as we got the prices locked in whereby they make a few %... so they scalp the orders for pre builds... Let's face it the Asus Tuf 3080 non oc for £680 just cannot be found at this price anymore nor will be for months... I get it if you arn't getting the cards OCuk why other shops are getting supply in (that is immediately bought by bots) but you aren't... CaseKing can't be bothered with the UK anymore? I have literally seen photos of stock scalped only this week!

This isn't just a graphics card for me... It's a surprize- late birthday and most likely late xmas present for my dad.

Associate
I can understand the frustration and accept that there's always going to be conspiracy theories but...
That's just not true, read my first reply today for full explanation.
As for your own specific situation, check my systems, I've not got the Eagle in any of them so I there's a fair chance that there isn't a single OcUK system with a 3080 fitted.
The Eagle is not part of my SI allocation portfolio.

Do you know the origin of the phrase "conspiracy theory"? It was the CIA, when thay wanted to handle the assassination of Kennedy.. Any other idea other than the official story was widely termed "conspiracy theory" by all media outlets in the USA at the "request" of the agency. It was to quell any notion that something else might have gone on. I would say that your use of the term "conspiracy theory" is equally as pervasive and intentionally misleading. If you had not used that derogatory phrase then that may have been a start.

We have had forum members report that friends have ordered systems from you in October arrive very fast with retail (with the box) 3080s in them from you. Cards that had huge queues. So much for your conspiracy theory! I think you would need to be a dysfunctional co-incidence theorist to believe this official OC line. This pig with the lipstick on just can't fly, however much you want it to.

I know you want to bat away problems, and you get a certain amount of respect for that. You lose that respect though when you don't play with a straight bat!

Associate
Well, it's been emotional... Got an email from a competitor for the FE 3090 delivery for next week so I've just cancelled my MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC which I was 50 in the queue as of today.
One less person to worry about if you're in the queue for the 3080 Ventus 3X OC, take it easy folks.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I’m starting to think that OcUK isn’t prepared to pay the extra costs of air freight and therefore isn’t receiving many cards at all. As part of Caseking you’d think that they’d be able to secure supplies?
I assure you that this couldn't be further from the truth.

Anyone who has been an OcUK follower for a decent amount of time will tell you that Gibbo is not afraid to pay over the odds to secure more stock.
Just today I saw that he's paid about 10% over normal price for some short supply CPUs.

One of the reasons why I know that it's not even a vague possibility is that, as you say, we are part of the caseking group, we've got containers coming from the far East almost daily. Getting a pallet or two thrown into one of these is easy, especially since we have a dedicated logistics office in Taiwan whose job this is.
Unfortunately, we can't secure that much stock of any graphics card at the moment, let alone 3080

Associate
Well turns out the 3090 FE I got was real and not a website glitch. After a nervous day or so having realised I probably shouldn’t have cancelled my OC order straight away I just got a dispatch note. Good luck all, hopefully be playing Control RTX native at 4K in the next couple of days.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
We have had forum members report that friends have ordered systems from you in October arrive very fast with retail (with the box) 3080s in them from you. Cards that had huge queues. !
Thanks for the history lesson, very interesting and no I wasn't aware.
I still think you misunderstood my first post today.

Let me be hypothetical for a second.

Card A has 1000 back orders from retail customers and twenty back orders from system customers. (A pretty representative split for 3080)
Nvidia give said vendor 90 for retail and 10 for SI every week.
Said vendor therefore offers Gibbo 90 and me 10.
Can you see how an SI customer who ordered later could get their system before a retail customer?
I know it might not feel fair but as I mentioned earlier, system integrator have to take what they are given to keep their build staff employed.
The fact of the matter, with 3080 and 3090 at least, my SI allocation does occasionally exceed my orders so I give it to Gibbo. Again we're not talking big numbers. I wish we were getting 100 of any card per week.

Because supply is healthier on 3060 & 3070 and we've had to change every system which was 2060/2070 based, i hold on to excess allocation on these because that's where the majority of our system demand lies.

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree but we're not psychic so not knowing what we've got coming until 24-48 hours before they arrive is not exactly our fault

Indeed i blame Asus for their constant lies, that twitter feed they posted last month just got ignored replies, i really care little for that brand now, shocking company.

Associate
Thanks for the history lesson, very interesting and no I wasn't aware.
I still think you misunderstood my first post today.

Let me be hypothetical for a second.

Card A has 1000 back orders from retail customers and twenty back orders from system customers.
Nvidia give said vendor 90 for retail and 10 for SI every week.
Said vendor therefore offers Gibbo 90 and me 10.
Can you see how an SI customer who ordered later could get their system before a retail customer?
I know it might not feel fair but as I mentioned earlier, system integrator have to take what they are given to keep their build staff employed.
The fact of the matter, with 3080 and 3090 at least, my SI allocation does occasionally exceed my orders so I give it to Gibbo. Again we're not talking big numbers. I wish we were getting 100 of any card per week.

I didn't misunderstand your first post, I know what you are claiming. Problem is, I am not much of a co-incidence theorist. You have had far more cards in than have been released to these queues. That's as obvious as 2 plus 2. Most weeks we have had 50--60 cards released, sometimes 0 and a couple of times 100. You are sourcing far more than that, there are smaller retailers outperforming that many times over. It isn't credible and to expect people to believe it is is an insult. Now, what isn't obvious is where they are going. You or Gibbo aren't going to tell us so people speculate. I am not one for speculation, I have no idea what you have done with them. Genuinely there are scalpers out there who would be upset with stock levels that you claim to have had!

Either way, I am still 125 in the queue for an Eagle that when I ordered it ,over 11 weeks ago, was told to expect it on the 23rd September. I will be lucky to get it before 23rd February. Ordered an hour after launch, not that it matters to you.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I didn't misunderstand your first post, I know what you are claiming. Problem is, I am not much of a co-incidence theorist.
right, 3080 Eagle OC I assume? It must be because you wouldn't be so untrusting if it was one of the others.

I've logged back in, the joys of remote working.
Please note everyone, I'm not going to get into the habit of doing this so pleeeease don't ask.

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC - GX-1BV-GI

789 back orders currently, 90 shipped since launch, not a single one used in SI (like I said, it's not one of the options on any system), 22 due next week on a pallet direct from Gigabyte (I don't have an exact date)

& In the spirit of full disclosure last month we also received a whopping 8 pcs of a non-OC Eagle which we've never listed, which was allocated for SI use.

Associate
Order Places 17 Sep 2020 15:33:00. Down to position 22 for the Aorus Xtreme 3080, so near but so far :(

I am a patient man and quite happy to wait for my card but .... i find the lack of updates/information and communication between OC's and there bread and butter (customers) very unprofessional.

Ostrich syndrome ?

How about Mondays and Wednesdays with the Friday queue positions ? not just one's a week if you feel like it. Even a sorry guys, nothing turned up but I'm still on it, really ... we haven't forgotten you :)

Associate
Wow I moved 4 places, at this rate we will hear news about the 3180 before the Strix 3080 OC arrives. Cyberpunk out next week and my GPU will prob not handle it...damn. Come on OCUK and Asus, the Covid vaccine release is moving quicker than GPU's at the moment.

Associate
right, 3080 Eagle OC I assume? It must be because you wouldn't be so untrusting if it was one of the others.

I've logged back in, the joys of remote working.
Please note everyone, I'm not going to get into the habit of doing this so pleeeease don't ask.

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC - GX-1BV-GI

789 back orders currently, 90 shipped since launch, not a single one used in SI ( I said, it's not one of the options on any system), 22 due next week on a pallet direct from Gigabyte (I don't have an exact date)

& In the spirit of full disclosure last month we also received a whopping 8 pcs of a non-OC Eagle which we've never listed, which was allocated for SI use.

Thanks Scott, as someone else here said too, this entire situation is understandable, it's just the lack of communication that makes people dive deeper and deeper into conspiracies about ill will from OC etc. Hopefully next week then. This week my 3080 jumped *2* spots in the queue.. yay.

Back
Top Bottom