• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
The phones are clogged up pretty much all day, we've got so many people calling up to chase ETAs of the Ryzen 5000, four GeForce GPUs, three AMD GPUs that have launched in such a short period of time that we're receiving about five times more calls than we can answer.

Web orders should be fine though, please let me know if you have issues on that side.
That's cool, thanks. I've received the email confirming the order but my online account status says something else? I've sent a web note explaining. I'm in limbo! :confused:

Associate
view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E1YXIrs6a-tXwHSh1nlRHetbSLs-GGz5/view?usp=sharing

Christmas Indeed!

Associate
Really can’t sit on the fence any longer. I appreciate the updates from both @Gibbo and @ScottiB over the past day but the unknown wildcard of import taxes, and customs duty after Jan 1st has me uneasy. There’s no straight answer from OCUK on this because the Uk government have not informed businesses but the Irish government have done so today.

im getting off these forums now. I’ll wait until the 18th. But at COB on the 18th I’m sending in my refund.

it kills me that I’m in 4th in Ventus. But I really can’t gamble on MSI, OCUK and Brexit.

laters everyone. This has been an experience, I hope you all get your cards.

Associate
The phones are clogged up pretty much all day, we've got so many people calling up to chase ETAs of the Ryzen 5000, four GeForce GPUs, three AMD GPUs that have launched in such a short period of time that we're receiving about five times more calls than we can answer.

Web orders should be fine though, please let me know if you have issues on that side.

I suspect this won't be a new idea, and there's probably some practical reasons it's not happened yet, but if you had a web page detailing the ETAs or known status, it would potentially offload a lot of call volume, play a pre-recorded message for each call saying check on website for ETA, and even if one CS associate was dedicated to keeping it up to date chasing account managers for updates etc, it should help with overall reduction in workload, and free up the phones for things other than order ETA checks.

Soldato
Really can’t sit on the fence any longer. I appreciate the updates from both @Gibbo and @ScottiB over the past day but the unknown wildcard of import taxes, and customs duty after Jan 1st has me uneasy. There’s no straight answer from OCUK on this because the Uk government have not informed businesses but the Irish government have done so today.

im getting off these forums now. I’ll wait until the 18th. But at COB on the 18th I’m sending in my refund.

it kills me that I’m in 4th in Ventus. But I really can’t gamble on MSI, OCUK and Brexit.

laters everyone. This has been an experience, I hope you all get your cards.
Nice political dig. But you have the whole rest of EU to buy from, so don't worry U.K. not that important to the EU apparently

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I cannot get my head over the excuse “we didn’t realise the 30 series orders we’re going to be so out of control”
you have to understand, for even the most hyped launches previously, even the mere suggestion of over 6000 orders in the space of half an hour would have been laughed out of the building. Unfortunately, due to technical issue (translation, the sheer amount of traffic caused our back end to clog up) we didn;t know how many order we'd received until hours later.

Associate
Permabanned
Just wondering now with Brexit coming into affect very soon, whats going to happen to people like me in Ireland who have a 3080 preorder, are we gonna get screwed by delivery or some kind of import tax?

Associate
the fundamental issue is how can we answer that when the government hasn't even decided? :rolleyes::confused:
Smuggle via the North. It’s not the most original idea but hey.

or open a OC branch in Ireland. We literally have no good shops for PC parts. They were all insanely over priced and failed quickly.

Permabanned
Smuggle via the North. It’s not the most original idea but hey.

or open a OC branch in Ireland. We literally have no good shops for PC parts. They were all insanely over priced and failed quickly.
Exaclty we literally have nothing over here unless you want to pay 100+ on parts that would be cheaper from Amazon or OCUK

Associate
Exaclty we literally have nothing over here unless you want to pay 100+ on parts that would be cheaper from Amazon or OCUK

Remember Peats in Dublin ? Good for cameras and stuff, but their GPUs were more expensive than OCUK even after the pound to euro conversion. It was nuts. Like 200 more every time i looked

Permabanned
Remember Peats in Dublin ? Good for cameras and stuff, but their GPUs were more expensive than OCUK even after the pound to euro conversion. It was nuts. Like 200 more every time i looked
I didn't even know there was anywhere in Ireland, I used to get stuff off a site called Komplett.ie was actually fairly good but now there stock is about as good as PCWorld.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I was always told that the Irish market is like the UK 30 years ago...lots of small independents and not much in the way of big chains?
In that situation it's really hard to buy in large enough quantities that the shipping charges for each unit aren't pretty hefty.

Permabanned
I was always told that the Irish market is like the UK 30 years ago...lots of small independents and not much in the way of big chains?
In that situation it's really hard to buy in large enough quantities that the shipping charges for each unit aren't pretty hefty.
Its surprising that Ireland hasn't gotten something like an Amazon to be honest, we are going to be truely stuck when it comes to Online purchases when Brexit is set in stone

Back
Top Bottom