• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Just seen an eagle on sale on another site for £1185. Is it bad I’m tempted to buy even though I’ve got one ordered since day 1 for half the price...?

Associate
It's your money but if you have waited this long then I would not pay that price! For many it is just a sit it out time. No game to me is worth that amount of GPU money.

Associate
I changed over from my palit gaming pro RTX 3080(£749.99) to a Gigabyte vision RTX 3080 for £1099.99 so I had to pay an extra £350. Was it worth it. I guess so even though it was over a grand. Finally built my gaming PC too. Good luck to all you guys still in the queue. Hopefully the stock will improve, or get a 3080 Ti instead when it comes out next month

wow dayum, around what time did you call? I’ve wanted the gigabyte vision myself but no where in stock. Was thinking about calling but don’t think they sell it at all.

Last edited:
Associate
I changed over from my palit gaming pro RTX 3080(£749.99) to a Gigabyte vision RTX 3080 for £1099.99 so I had to pay an extra £350. Was it worth it. I guess so even though it was over a grand. Finally built my gaming PC too. Good luck to all you guys still in the queue. Hopefully the stock will improve, or get a 3080 Ti instead when it comes out next month
I thought they didn't allow upgrades? what's the deal with this @ScottiB ? Because I'd gladly pay 300 more just to get on the Gaming OC que and leave the Eagle que.

Associate
I thought they didn't allow upgrades? what's the deal with this @ScottiB ? Because I'd gladly pay 300 more just to get on the Gaming OC que and leave the Eagle que.

as far as I’m aware, you are allowed to request to be moved to a different queue. But ofc you’ll be moved to the back of that one and pay the difference. Whether that’s changed now or not I don’t know exactly.

Associate
As I have been keeping an eye on these forums since I ordered, I thought it only fair I confirmed mine has arrived.

I ordered an Aorus Master 3080, 30th October.

I was 5th in the queue in the last update, 26th March.

Delivery confirmation was sent to me on Monday and DPD delivered it yesterday.

Thanks to @Gibbo, @ScottiB and the rest of OC for sticking with this us and I wish you all the best in these trying times.

Associate
Quite an issue I have, and while its none of my concern, is that whenever I see anyone that posts their RTX 3000 series GPU / rig anywhere online is that it is either a mining rig, or the rest of their system is low-mid range, like a 7700K and heres a reference 3080 I somehow got.

I updated my PC last year only because my Z390 mobo failed, and everything was top tier waiting for a 3080 so I could enjoy Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 with the ray tracing update, and I cant even buy one anywhere. Every 3080 was out of stock on release day and I haven't been able to ever find one online that it almost takes the mick when I see people posting their mining rig or 3080 paired with a Celeron (exageration but I would't be surprised if it happened).

I was actually looking forward to getting and testing for fun a 3080 with my backup Pentium G4560 too, but it looks like thats never going to happen and I'm considering maybe updating my backup system to an 11400F soon since I can't get a 3080 at all.

All I have to enjoy right now is my top 1% ram until DDR5 is released, maybe wait for alderlake and DDR5 to update my backup rig instead.

I was actually using my G4560 with my 1080 Ti for around 3 months waiting for Z490 to replace my refunded dead Z390 board. I only just sold my 9700K at a massive loss as well.

Associate
So I'm #32 in the Asus Tuf 3080 NONE OC queue now. I've heard that all back orders might be cleared on the Asus TUF 3080 OC. Could OCUK not offer customers in the NONE OC queue an upgrade option to these OC versions? I would have course be happy to pay the difference. It is probably more profitable for them to just sell them at new RRP but we're at 7 months waiting now with day 1 orders still unfullfilled.

Soldato
Hi guys - sorry don't really keep up too well with this conversation.

What's the current process to get in queue for a 3080? Presume pre-orders are still a no-go due to pricing. I've seen talk of MM threads when stock becomes available, but haven't seen these. Am I missing something?

Associate
So I'm #32 in the Asus Tuf 3080 NONE OC queue now. I've heard that all back orders might be cleared on the Asus TUF 3080 OC. Could OCUK not offer customers in the NONE OC queue an upgrade option to these OC versions? I would have course be happy to pay the difference. It is probably more profitable for them to just sell them at new RRP but we're at 7 months waiting now with day 1 orders still unfullfilled.

Associate
They have upgraded others for free so if they did upgrade us then I would expect it for free tbh. I'm 33 in the que for the same card.

This has been the worst experience in buying a product in my opinion.

Associate
Are you sure about that? Gibbo posted this just over a month ago. There hasn't been much movement since.

Asus TUF OC Gaming - 625 shipped, 495 back orders left - Zero incoming

Back
Top Bottom